What is cruise Night Coupon Books

geocruiser

2 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I just checked my invoice.  The deposit was not a FCC or $100. deposit.   I guess she just gave it to me. 

I don't think they can just give them out. It is maybe a part of a group amenity or a Princess special. 

They are applied automatically to a booking when they are offered. Since they are given on the ship, it is not something they can pull out of a hat and give.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

I don't think they can just give them out. It is maybe a part of a group amenity or a Princess special. 

They are applied automatically to a booking when they are offered. Since they are given on the ship, it is not something they can pull out of a hat and give.

I guess there is some reason for it.  I hope that there is something in it that I can use.  The other times I received a book, I did not use anything in them.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:36 PM, suekel said:

My planner sent me one of these for my upcoming cruise.  Only one I really want is the 2 for 1 dinner but I'm in a suite so I get that anyways.  Oh well.  

You can always ask if they will move your free suite dinner to another night, can’t hurt to ask.  Once we were told no and one time they moved it for us because we didn’t want to dine out the first night.

12 hours ago, caribill said:

I think they are referring to events travel agents hold where they have representatives from one or more cruise companies present to promote cruising. They hold this on some evening and thus refer to it as a "Cruise Night" event and booking a cruise at that event can result in getting this coupon book when you embark the ship.

A Princess TA Cruise Night is actually a week long Sale that they may have several times per year . No representative required to be involved. Every new Princess booking is included .

Almost always includes the $100 Deposit and Coupon Book .

in addition they may add things like OBC , lower fare , and such goodies.

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

You can always ask if they will move your free suite dinner to another night, can’t hurt to ask.  Once we were told no and one time they moved it for us because we didn’t want to dine out the first night.

I also get a free first night with my AMEX card.   Luckily they have changed one for me but not sure if they  will allow two to be changed.

20 minutes ago, compozer said:

I also get a free first night with my AMEX card.   Luckily they have changed one for me but not sure if they  will allow two to be changed.

That’s why I would change it, we had the Amex dinner and then suite dinner.  I haven’t gotten the BOGO dinner in a coupon book yet.  

Has anyone seen the coupon book lately with the BOGO dinner?  I wonder if they will continue that coupon for 2019 sailings.

34 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

That’s why I would change it, we had the Amex dinner and then suite dinner.  I haven’t gotten the BOGO dinner in a coupon book yet.  

Has anyone seen the coupon book lately with the BOGO dinner?  I wonder if they will continue that coupon for 2019 sailings.

The ones given out this year had the BOGO dinner the first night. They expire at the end of the year.