Time Between Drinks

cruisin 07

Never cruised Celebrity before and have upgraded to Premium Drink Package. On Carnival there is a 5 min wait between ordering another drink and a 15 drink limit per day. Can I order another drink as soon as I finished the first one? How about ordering a double?  I know there is no limit to the number of drinks you can order per day. Thanks in advance.

never had an issue, but I am sure it took 10-15 minutes to finish my beer if I liked it.  I will tell you there were a couple of 'skunky' beers I ordered and I went right back to the wine cellar (I think that is where the high price beers were) and got another brand of beer.  I was very disappointed in some of the very high price beers were not moving, thus could have been the first time on our sailing after 4-5 days of a 12 day cruise to even have someone ask for one of them.  I do thank Celebrity for trying to have some great beers onboard!  😁

As others have mention, it is a great idea of which I tried to follow, DW and I had a glass of water in between drinks for the most part.  

I usually do not need to order another drink. If I am at the bar the bartenders are usually pouring me a fresh one before I can finish the first.

The bottom line is that all of these ladies and gentlemen are great and always seem to be taking great care of us.

Damn, I'm looking forward to boarding again on December 9!

2 hours ago, cruisin 07 said:

Not thinking I need to have another drink within 5 mins but as said previously but if I don't care for the the drink I can ordered another one. Great thing about these packages gives you a chance to try different things.

The simple answer is YES. If you don't like a drink you can order another. You can order doubles and you can get a drink as soon as you finish the drink you have. You can also get a bottle of water with your drink.

If you are taking the drinks away from a bar and going back immediately for another, it may look like you are sharing a beverage package. The bartenders might start paying attention to how often you order a second drink right away. 

Since this is your first Celebrity cruise, you should be aware that room service drinks and the items in your mini-bar  aren't included in your beverage package. We have 'borrowed' cans of soda from the mini bar and replaced them before the cabin attendant serviced our cabin so we wouldn't be charged.

Have fun, the drink package is fantastic and I don;t even drink - lol.  My wife does though and it's great just asking for a drink and walking away.  Sometimes order one each so she can have 2 back in the cabin.  Heck, I paid for it, lol.  And this way she doesn't send me out for another 15 min after we get back.  

Oh and she can finish it in 5 min easily.  She drinks Mudslides and the first goes down really quick, especially after getting back on after a hot day in port.  

Ask your room attendant to empty the minibar then when you return to your room just take an unopened bottle of water/beer/soda with you to enjoy on the balcony later. 

Like JEDMELK, our experience has been that if bar staff notice your glass is nearly empty they have a refill ready before you ask....

I do like trying new wines and cocktails and find the premium package good fun. Previously when we were paying (drink by drink basis) we would just play safe and choose something we knew we liked rather than trying new things.

Cruisin 07, have a wonderful cruise!

On past cruises I've ordered a few drinks right in a row. As someone said, the bev package gives me the ability to try a lot of things that I may not generally order and it's awesome to take advantage of the opportunity. If I order something & don't care for it I don't hesitate to let it go and get something else. 

I don't think there's a limit per day either. Just an assumption here but having sailed on both my impression is that the typical X pax is a bit different than the those on Carnival so maybe X has never seen the need to set those kind of limits?

(BTW - simply asking questions about the rules involved in the X bev package doesn't make someone drunk so just relax people...)

• Like 1

I regularly order a ginger beer and a beer-beer to mix together and never had a problem. That technically is two drinks on one package at the same time but the servers will take care of you on pretty much any reasonable request.

The only time I have seen the timing limit applied was when it was fairly obvious that the person was purchasing drinks for more than themselves.   The person seemed embarrassed and I would assume changed his behavior.   

• Like 1

Sort of on topic... This is going to be my first time with a drink package. My wife and I will have the classic package, I may upgrade one of us to the premium trying to decide if it's worth it. Anyways, my question is, if we both have drink packages, can one of us take both of our cards to the bar to grab us both a drink, or do we both have to show up?

Not wanting to sound like an alcoholic either, but I want my money's worth.

Do you have to have an empty glass before asking for another? I've been on other all inclusive holidays where you can only get another drink once you have finished one, you then end up waiting for up to 20 minutes for the waiter to return, added to that beer was served in tiny glasses anyhow, so I ended up getting very little to drink. I would normally want to order a drink before I have finished so that I've always got a drink at hand. 

Also do they stop serving drinks during the show in the theatre? (which may actually be a good thing, but worth knowing)

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, chefjrd said:

Sort of on topic... This is going to be my first time with a drink package. My wife and I will have the classic package, I may upgrade one of us to the premium trying to decide if it's worth it. Anyways, my question is, if we both have drink packages, can one of us take both of our cards to the bar to grab us both a drink, or do we both have to show up?

I typically sail with a group and it's not uncommon for me to wander up to the bar with a dozen cards.  And it's not uncommon for me to forget about 1/2 of the drink orders:classic_wacko:

5 hours ago, Toiler on the Sea said:

Not wanting to sound like an alcoholic either, but I want my money's worth.

Do you have to have an empty glass before asking for another? I've been on other all inclusive holidays where you can only get another drink once you have finished one, you then end up waiting for up to 20 minutes for the waiter to return, added to that beer was served in tiny glasses anyhow, so I ended up getting very little to drink. I would normally want to order a drink before I have finished so that I've always got a drink at hand. 

Also do they stop serving drinks during the show in the theatre? (which may actually be a good thing, but worth knowing)

No, your drink does not have to be finished before you order another drink.  Celebrity will treat you like an honest adult and unless you are trying to share a drink with someone that does not have a drink package, you will not have any issues.

Celebrity does not accept drink orders in the theater during the actual show.  

On 10/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, cruisin 07 said:

Never cruised Celebrity before and have upgraded to Premium Drink Package. On Carnival there is a 5 min wait between ordering another drink and a 15 drink limit per day. Can I order another drink as soon as I finished the first one? How about ordering a double?  I know there is no limit to the number of drinks you can order per day. Thanks in advance.

I was on the Summit Oct 7  sailing, you can't order two at the same time they will charge one. I have the Premium Non Alcoholic Pack. This charges  happens to me I order a Coca Cola and a bottle of water and be charged for the water, I go to guest relations and they accept to refund the money but advise to me you can't order two at he same time, order the coca cola in one bar and order the water in other bar or wait X minutes for the second order.