Live Blog – Silhouette Nov 3 – Beaches to Broadway – Pull up a seat and Join

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, signman said:

Jim,  I'm sure you are happy to finally be onboard - and we are too.   Already I feel like I hit the jackpot with your posting of the Celebrity Today in it's entirety.    I'm sailing on December 9th and I had already asked you to find out if Ray Brown Jr band will still be onboard.   Now one more request..... can you ask GRM Migle Zukaite if she will still be onboard for Dec 9.   I worked with her in Baltimore 10 years ago when she was with another line, and it would be wonderful to see her again.   Thanks so much for all you are doing.

I'll see what I can find out.   We have a special celebration on the Bridge tomorrow with Captain Georgios and Senior Officers to initiate us into Zenith.   If not tomorrow we also have a dinner in Murano's with Captain Georgios and the Executive Staff on the 7th.  

We had a Luncheon of the 22 Zenith's aboard today in Tuscan Grill.   I was sitting next to Nina (Hotel Director) who we have know for many years.   I would have picked her brains.   What a delightful afternoon.   Not sure if we are going to be able to eat dinner tonight.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'll see what I can find out.   We have a special celebration on the Bridge tomorrow with Captain Georgios and Senior Officers to initiate us into Zenith.   If not tomorrow we also have a dinner in Murano's with Captain Georgios and the Executive Staff on the 7th.  

We had a Luncheon of the 22 Zenith's aboard today in Tuscan Grill.   I was sitting next to Nina (Hotel Director) who we have know for many years.   I would have picked her brains.   What a delightful afternoon.   Not sure if we are going to be able to eat dinner tonight.

The Zenith dinner is really very special! They usually do the Zenith lunch in Blu, but Tuscan is a really nice venue. You and Iain enjoy your special evening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrissie p said:

Thanks Jim, we too will follow your posts with great interest as are also sailing on the Silhouette on Dec 9th. Fingers crossed Sue is still on board as she appears to be very popular. We have sailed Celebrity many times, but have not yet been on a ship she has been on.

Chris 

Sue is impressive and I'm sure you would enjoy her.   I'll see what I can find out about her scheduling. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Orator said:

Could you find out who will replace Nina? I'm sorry to miss her. I'll be happy to see Richard, a really fine person!

40 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

We started boycotting the shows when they started scheduling them before dinner for late diners. We might see a show once in a blue moon, so I won’t be of much help there, I’m afraid.  We have been making a point of trying to listen to Ray Brown Jr, though.  We enjoy him a lot!

We pretty much boycott them also because of the scheduling.   We were traveling with friends from Australia to South America and did attend a couple shows to appease one of our friends who loves the shows.  

25 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks, was hoping he might be on Reflection. (sorry to hi-jack the thread)

No problem Mary Lou.   No such thing as hi-jacking.    Love all the comments but with CC being down last night and most of today I am way behind. 

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sue is impressive and I'm sure you would enjoy her.   I'll see what I can find out about her scheduling. 

We miss Sue on Azamara. I will never forget her demonstration of how to dress with scarves if your luggage hasn't arrived! 

Nor her late night shows with her husband & a vocalist friend ( also from Blackpool?) accompanied by Jim Badger on piano. 

And "running into her" at Manchester airport and then enjoying a coffee with her once we arrived in Amsterdam.

Please say Hi from Angela & Phil if you meet up with her ... she may remember us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, workingtocruise-59 said:

We miss Sue on Azamara. I will never forget her demonstration of how to dress with scarves if your luggage hasn't arrived! 

Nor her late night shows with her husband & a vocalist friend ( also from Blackpool?) accompanied by Jim Badger on piano. 

And "running into her" at Manchester airport and then enjoying a coffee with her once we arrived in Amsterdam.

Please say Hi from Angela & Phil if you meet up with her ... she may remember us.

Hi

Is Sue from Blackpool? As someone who is Blackpool born and bred then that is great news !!

Chris x

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Sue's shipboard bio says her hometown is Blackpool.

Thanks. If she is on the Silhouette in December, I will definitely introduce myself, should the accent not give me away!!! I have had a lot of Australians and Americans pull me up on my accent on previous cruises 🙂 Let's just say in Blackpool we don't quite sound like William and Harry!

16 minutes ago, chrissie p said:

Thanks. If she is on the Silhouette in December, I will definitely introduce myself, should the accent not give me away!!! I have had a lot of Australians and Americans pull me up on my accent on previous cruises 🙂 Let's just say in Blackpool we don't quite sound like William and Harry!

Edited by workingtocruise-59
typo

7 minutes ago, workingtocruise-59 said:

I was born in Manchester but spent most of my "formative years" in Fleetwood/Blackpool. I think that I don't really have an accent but my younger siblings (mostly Blackpool born & raised) probably do.

If you were to ask me I have no accent (but accept I have!!) To be honest it's never been questioned until I am speaking to our non UK English speaking friends, especially those from Aus, who have commented on it (but I want to stress in a nice way!). By the way I am from Carleton -= I only expect you to know where that is!

2 minutes ago, chrissie p said:

If you were to ask me I have no accent (but accept I have!!) To be honest it's never been questioned until I am speaking to our non UK English speaking friends, especially those from Aus, who have commented on it (but I want to stress in a nice way!). By the way I am from Carleton -= I only expect you to know where that is!

Of course I know where it is .. on the way from Fleetwood to Blackpool on the No. 14 bus when I was travelling to school!

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congratulations on making Zenith !!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just tried ExpressVPN and was able to connect.   Really surprised me as it is blocked on both Constellation and Millennium.   As a safety net.   E-mail me (address in signature).   Someone passed onto me a VPN that worked on those ships.   Don't want to post for fear they will block it. 

I just tried going to a number of VPN websites and they all seem blocked.   I also searched on term VPN and clicked on a couple links with the top 10 VPN's and even that website was blocked. 

I have two VPN apps on my phone and iPad and both have worked this afternoon. I tried 5 UK based apps I might want to use and only one didnt work via a VPN.

• Like 1

Jim_Iain, keenly interested in your TA as will be cruising on Shilouette in July 2019.  Have only been on one other Celebrity ship, Solstice as she visits us down under every summer season (Oct-Apr), and really enjoyed that cruise and all she offered.  So will be following along your wonderful cruise.  All I can say about your suite is wow and wow.  Love all the photos.  If you have any tips for us relatively newbies on Celebrity please share.

take care....cheers V

• Like 1

14 hours ago, workingtocruise-59 said:

Never realised that Sue had been on Azamara. Was she CD or enteertainment staff?

Her vlog on Instagram this summer told how she went on various cruise ships with her husband, Jimmy, when she was on vacation.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1