What would you do?

whosyer12

I'm a solo traveler I've placed a courtesy hold on an 11 day NCL cruise---no extra charge for solo traveler. I can get a studio cabin and know the # for the same price as a balcony which is not assigned until shortly before cruise. Worried about getting a undiserible balcony cabin But also worried about feeling cooped up in studio for an 11 day cruise but love the idea of studio lounge. Experienced solo cruisers or anyone, what would you do?   Thank you please hurry!

I would opt for the balcony ... even if it is a guarantee balcony.  

I just got off of 2 NCL Gem cruises ... B2B for 20 days.  Both were guarantee inside cabins and one was Deck 5 mid ship and it was AWESOME.  Second cruise I moved to Deck 11 and it was good.  It could have been better.  But it was fine.  Both cruises had no solo supplement and the prices had dropped a lot and it was great. 

I met TONS of great people and had the best time. 

If you're not being charged a supplement, and it's ONLY YOU...a "studio" will work just fine.  I would assume you won't be sitting alone in your cabin all day...you'll want to be out and about!  You can certainly book a larger cabin, but you'll pay double...as that's how cabins are priced.  BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY!

While I don't spend much time in my cabin except for to sleep, if the price is close, I would absolutely take the balcony. The extra space wins over the possible advantages of the solo lounge in my book. Bring earplugs and download a white noise app to your phone to mitigate any issues with an undesirable location.

We never opt for guarantee cabins, being very particular on cabin location. We have at times declined upgrades to cabins we consider are in a poorer location.

The cabin is your bedroom and the rest of the ship is the living area. We would have no problem opting for the inside cabin, if it was in an acceptable location.

The OP states he doesn't want to feel cramped in an inside studio cabin but loves the studio lounge, I'll suggest he takes the guar. balcony cabin and visit the studio lounge as he sees fit.

When I cruised the Epic twice, any solo or single guest on the ship could enter the studio lounge and enjoy its benefits.