Princess website changes

rocklinmom

Tried to check fares on my cruise booking this morning and they have completely changed the cruise search.  Very frustrating, I hate when things are fine and they decide to change it.  Now you can't save cruises and the "recently viewed" saved searches link is gone (?).  They have huge photos instead of the old search boxes and I don't see the ability to narrow a search by itinerary port anymore.  It also says the site will be down for maintenance from 10pm tonight through tomorrow Sunday 11/4.  

• Like 1

The changes are different.  Seems to take up a lot of space and uses more battery.

As to the down time.  This is what I was given a little while ago.  It looks like it is Sunday night.

Sections of our website will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance between 10:00PM PST and 12:01AM PST on 11/4

20 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Tried to check fares on my cruise booking this morning and they have completely changed the cruise search.  Very frustrating, I hate when things are fine and they decide to change it.  Now you can't save cruises and the "recently viewed" saved searches link is gone (?).  They have huge photos instead of the old search boxes and I don't see the ability to narrow a search by itinerary port anymore.  It also says the site will be down for maintenance from 10pm tonight through tomorrow Sunday 11/4.  

try again ... I had no trouble searching by 'Amber Cove' just now

Yes I noticed them too. I am in Ca as well. The pages load really slow. You can no longer “view all dates” and see the prices and dates. You only see the dates when you click on “more dates” so you have to click each date to see the prices so you can no longer quickly see which date is the cheapest across all categories. 

The calander View is gone. I liked the old calendar view bc you could instantly see how far out the itineraries were posted (true you didn’t know which were up but if you selected May 2020 you instantly knew how many were posted so it was a really fast way to check for any additions). 

I really hope this new website gets kicked to the curb. Princess had the best and easiest to use website of all  the cruise lines sites I’ve used. It is one of the reasons I chose princess as my main line over celebrity when I first started cruising 3 years ago.

I just hate poorly designed websites. Why on earth would Princess replace a great site with this horrible inferior site? 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

I also miss the "recently viewed" feature where you could pull up the last few cruises you looked at.  Now you have to go through the process again each time using their new "pictures" instead of the regular menu.  And you can't save cruises anymore which makes no sense. 

My view of the website has not changed.  However, I've been trying all weekend to use "add or modify flights" in the EZAir section and it paints an incomplete screen immediately after clicking on that button.  Hopefully this will get fixed soon!

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

I still get the weird new website format :classic_angry:

I wish there was a survey on mine!  I would let them know what I think of it (politely of course). 

If you got the same survey I go, you wouldn't be telling them politely or otherwise. There wasn't any facility for comments. Just multiple choice marketing questions.

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yes I noticed them too. I am in Ca as well. The pages load really slow. You can no longer “view all dates” and see the prices and dates. You only see the dates when you click on “more dates” so you have to click each date to see the prices so you can no longer quickly see which date is the cheapest across all categories. 

The calander View is gone. I liked the old calendar view bc you could instantly see how far out the itineraries were posted (true you didn’t know which were up but if you selected May 2020 you instantly knew how many were posted so it was a really fast way to check for any additions). 

I really hope this new website gets kicked to the curb. Princess had the best and easiest to use website of all  the cruise lines sites I’ve used. It is one of the reasons I chose princess as my main line over celebrity when I first started cruising 3 years ago.

I just hate poorly designed websites. Why on earth would Princess replace a great site with this horrible inferior site? 

Totally agree with all!  Plus, I now see that I can no longer “Preview Post” on this Cruise Critic Board so I have no idea how this will show up! 😊

Edited by jeeper2

It was totally bizarre yesterday - I had no cruises linked to my login for instance (I have 5 cruises booked) and instead I got giant pictures of saved cruises. Today it looks pretty much normal to me. I haven't gone into any in-depth checking but, so far, I'm not having any issues. (And my booked cruises are back. 6 more days... :classic_biggrin:)

I agree it's horrible.  I just called Princess to refare a booking and mentioned it to her and she said she's been on the phone all morning trying to guide people through it and even she gets stumped.  A horrible step backwards, and I hope it gets rectified soon.

Okay, this is weird. In Firefox and Edge, I see the "old" site. In Chrome, I see the "new" site. I tried dumping page cache in Firefox, but I still see the old site. This is what I see in Chrome when I choose Find Cruises from the top nav. No calendar, just this. Then clicking one brings up a list of all cruises to that destination, with some filtering tools at the top.

princess.thumb.JPG.af9286022b210acb784a9f480993ade9.JPG

5 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Okay, this is weird. In Firefox and Edge, I see the "old" site. In Chrome, I see the "new" site. I tried dumping page cache in Firefox, but I still see the old site. This is what I see in Chrome when I choose Find Cruises from the top nav. No calendar, just this. Then clicking one brings up a list of all cruises to that destination, with some filtering tools at the top.

princess.thumb.JPG.af9286022b210acb784a9f480993ade9.JPG

I use Chrome and that's exactly what I see.  This I can live with, but what I really don't like is that the home page banner completely disappears.  You have to go back and back and forever until you get to where you initially started to look at other options that were clearly displayed before.  Even to get to the bottom of the page where you can find the news releases etc. is gone until you hit the back button repeatedly.

12 hours ago, jeeper2 said:

I now see that I can no longer “Preview Post” on this Cruise Critic Board so I have no idea how this will show up! 😊

Preview still exists, just a different way to see it.

In the row of symbols at the top of a post, the far right one shows a magnifying glass over a sheet of paper. Click on that to preview your post.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Preview still exists, just a different way to see it.

In the row of symbols at the top of a post, the far right one shows a magnifying glass over a sheet of paper. Click on that to preview your post.

Thank you!  I hated not being able to preview.