Diamond plus no longer getting to skip the line when boarding?

On 11/4/2018 at 8:46 PM, Oneluckywoman said:

We are diamond plus and just off the October 28th Oasis cruise. When we arrived to board at about 12:45 pm, we went to the left of the line where we have always been ushered through with the pinnacles and suite guests.  We showed them our set sail pass showing our d+ status, and were told to go to the end of the regular line.  We did just that and snaked through the line for about an hour before we made it through security. We confirmed with several other d+ members who were also told this benefit has been taken away.  With 542 points it felt like a slap in the face to have to go back to waiting in the long lines after enjoying this benefit for many years.  I'm really hoping that this is not fleetwide. I do understand that royal is leaning towards rewarding their "star" class passengers and pinnacles, but there were only 240 d+ members out of 6000 passengers. I think it wouldn't hurt to let us keep the benefit of a shorter line for loyal members. When we got to check in, there was a line for diamond plus, but at that point there were no long lines for anyone. Has anyone else experienced this change?  We know it is fairly new.  

We are also D+.  I have never noticed ushering of D+ in a special line with Pinnacles and suites before security.

After security I prefer to go to the shortest line at check in, and that is not always the D or D+ line. For check in I go wherever the line is shortest and I am allowed to go.

Edited by Arzeena

On 11/9/2018 at 4:20 PM, bridedoll1026 said:

Just off Harmony. Our Diamond + didn't get us priority boarding OR preferred seating for the shows!

I think it is a matter of different ports, different ships, etc.

We were on the Serenade, disembarked on Nov 9. They had prime marked off seating for Suites, Pinnacles and D + guests in the theater.

Consistantly Royally Inconsistant......new slogan for Royal as someone had previously pointed out here.:classic_blink:

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Oneluckywoman said:

On the oasis now. I can report that yet another perk has been taken away from D+. No more priority seating at shows. Now that perk is only extended to suites, star class, and pinnacles. AND MY HUSBAND HAS THE NOROVIRUS.  Ugh. 

I take it Key guests are also in there? On oasis and allure, the ushers holding the sign would only say sky class, star class and pinnacles (purple, dark blue and white cards) but D+ are allowed to sit there.  Did you ask and usher said no D+ seating or you just looked at the signs?  

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

I take it Key guests are also in there? On oasis and allure, the ushers holding the sign would only say sky class, star class and pinnacles (purple, dark blue and white cards) but D+ are allowed to sit there.  Did you ask and usher said no D+ seating or you just looked at the signs?  

Good question. 

The question about the security line has been asked on the unnamed social media site that starts with a F.  Royal is responding that priority boarding is still a D+ perk, but that there may be a separate Suite/Pinnacle line to get into the building. 

The saying goes...you don't miss what you never had, being a lowly Diamond member, I have never had these perks....

What does make it hard to swallow is the fact that you HAD it and it has now been taken away, is this to force passengers to pay extra for some kind of boarding perk, RCL seems to be money grabbing at every opportunity.

10 hours ago, bilyclub said:

The question about the security line has been asked on the unnamed social media site that starts with a F.  Royal is responding that priority boarding is still a D+ perk, but that there may be a separate Suite/Pinnacle line to get into the building. 

It is still a perk once you get through security, but we used to be allowed to skip the security lines along with pinnacles and suites. 

3 minutes ago, Oneluckywoman said:

I am uneducated about the "keys". Sorry. 

It’s a new program Royal is rolling out where you buy your way to priority boarding and debarking, get reserved seats for shows and some other perks....

Right now as I read it...it is $19.99 PER DAY...PER PERSON and you have to buy it for the whole week!!  Guess they want to reduce our perks so they can try and pressure more people to buy into this...

15 hours ago, frank808 said:

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought Keys also got reserved seating?

On Oasis now. 

20190107_220432.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

15 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Finally made it to D+ and now they start taking away some perks...

Figures!!  🙄🙄

Unfortunately Perks have been disappearing as they become more popular for yrs. Same with Hotels/Airlines. Diamond was top 20yrs ago(no Diamond+ or Pinnacle back then), and multiple benefits that have gone away. Back then was first on/off ship after Wedding parties, had access to Concierge. We got to meet with Captain and all Senior Officers, was Formal Jacket/Tie, and at most was 6-10 of us sailing on popular new ships/sailings...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2019 at 11:36 AM, Oneluckywoman said:

On the oasis now. I can report that yet another perk has been taken away from D+. No more priority seating at shows. Now that perk is only extended to suites, star class, and pinnacles. AND MY HUSBAND HAS THE NOROVIRUS.  Ugh. 

Hope your husband feels better. Regarding the seating, I don’t believe D+ was ever officially included in the reserved seating, but the seating privledge was extended to D+. If my recollection of the seating is incorrect, please accept apologies. 

M