Diamond plus no longer getting to skip the line when boarding?

On 11/4/2018 at 4:03 PM, SKSMIKE5 said:

18 minutes ago, villager70 said:

We were on the same cruise Oct 28th and are Diamond  Plus but were in a Jr and we boarded at 1055 am with first group Suites and Pinacles right after back to backers. Right after us as we walked into  boarding platform they called Diamond +. My understanding now only applies to initial boarding at start.

So, are you saying folks in JS Category can board with Suites and Pinnacles?  

Edited by PerferWarmWeather

2 hours ago, Anton said:

On Mariner in Miami a couple weeks ago, the only priority line was Suites/Pinnacle.  Us lowly Diamond Pluses had to join the huddled masses in the general entrance line.

OMG how awful for you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Combined with the other thread about "the key" sounds like some of what I call simple perks (things that don't cost the company any money) are going away so they can charge them.  As most people say it's not that big of a deal but it is disappointing.  I think though this was an easy change for RCI as they can blame the port folks and the port folks can blame the cruise line.  Now of course I'm a bit irked as the last two cruises the welcome aboard gifts were not correct requiring a visit to a concierge or LA.  Maybe it's been this way for years and years and it wasn't until places like this (CC) came along that we could all talk about it that we start to notice.  I do wonder though how many people don't get everything they are promised because they didn't get it and weren't aware they should of.  

• Like 1

I’ve had such inconsistent experiences with priority lines before security. 

and regarding the “perks” I know my husband and I never received our milestone sailing gift and I only found out that I should have gotten one from cruise critic years after the fact.  

Edited by ATLgirl15

So after reading this today I went back into my set sail pass to try and reprint to see if Suite would come up.  Well, I got an error that I couldn't even get into the reservation (apparently a lot of people got this today!).  Tried again just now and got a completely different looking Set Sail pass then we've ever had on any Royal ship!  Oh well, at least this one says Suite on it so hopefully the security rope police will let us in the correct line. 

4 minutes ago, sharktums said:

So after reading this today I went back into my set sail pass to try and reprint to see if Suite would come up.  Well, I got an error that I couldn't even get into the reservation (apparently a lot of people got this today!).  Tried again just now and got a completely different looking Set Sail pass then we've ever had on any Royal ship!  Oh well, at least this one says Suite on it so hopefully the security rope police will let us in the correct line. 

On some ships they now have the new Set Sail format.  I believe these are the ones you have to print for “each” person...

6 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

On some ships they now have the new Set Sail format.  I believe these are the ones you have to print for “each” person...

Yes, I've seen those and we had those for Oasis, but then today when I reprinted it's a whole new different Set Sail Pass, looks more like an airline ticket.

That is true. We cruised in April and the signs were there for Diamond Plus to board . We have always been able  to experience the priority boarding heading to the security area, but on Sunday October 28th we were in a line and had to wait for over an hour to get to the security area. We were in a balcony not a suite but they should still recognize the Diamond Plus cruisers as they did in the past. When we got to the actual check in line inside the terminal we spoke to a supervisor and she stated they had visitors from the management last week and they made the decision to stop this.

11 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Funny he hadn't learned anything from the time we entered until you entered later.     RCI needs to fix their expedited sea pass suite issue.

10 hours ago, frank808 said:

But we had a great cruise and met many old friends and made some new friends this time.

Hi CruiseKeeper and Frank808...  It really was a great cruise despite the beginning.  I agree the expedited sea pass issue needs to be corrected and ort personnel needs to be trained. 

On 11/5/2018 at 3:52 AM, George C said:

Same happened in airports first class in same line as everybody else, glad we have tsa also.

That depends on the airport.

Many have a priority line for 1st, Business, and higher level frequent fliers.

Pre-Chek is even better. 😄

15 hours ago, PerferWarmWeather said:

So, are you saying folks in JS Category can board with Suites and Pinnacles?  

That is correct. boarded our lasts 14 cruises or so  and last week. On indy,majesty,many on freedom, Oasis,Allure

5 hours ago, SRF said:

That depends on the airport.

Many have a priority line for 1st, Business, and higher level frequent fliers.

Pre-Chek is even better. 😄

Last few flights out of dfw did not have first class line, we always fly first have long legs and bad knees, what was annoying was we do not always get tsa if though we signed up for it, now will travel will proof that we should be tsa. 

56 minutes ago, George C said:

Last few flights out of dfw did not have first class line, we always fly first have long legs and bad knees, what was annoying was we do not always get tsa if though we signed up for it, now will travel will proof that we should be tsa. 

That really stinks.  I've never flown through DFW but every other airport that I can remember I've been able to use the priority line when flying 1st or biz.

5 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Only our Crown and Anchor status shows on our Set Sail Passes for our 12-02-18 and 01-20-19 Oasis cruises.

Hi John!  I just checked mine for both of those dates also.  Same thing...just C&A level on it, and nothing about a suite.  Does have the cabin number on it though. 

Eh...I usually don't get there early enough to worry about a seating area or what line to get into at the terminal anyway.  Just save me room in CK for lunch when we board.  🙂  "Sea" you there.  Hi to Sandy for us!!  

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi John!  I just checked mine for both of those dates also.  Same thing...just C&A level on it, and nothing about a suite.  Does have the cabin number on it though. 

Eh...I usually don't get there early enough to worry about a seating area or what line to get into at the terminal anyway.  Just save me room in CK for lunch when we board.  🙂  "Sea" you there.  Hi to Sandy for us!!  

Hi Pay and Bucky,

Okay. Will plan to have lunch with you in the Coastal Kitchen on boarding day. We will probably sitting at the bar in the Suite Lounge.

John

2 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Pay and Bucky,

Okay. Will plan to have lunch with you in the Coastal Kitchen on boarding day. We will probably sitting at the bar in the Suite Lounge.

John

Sounds great!  See you there!!  Love being able to go there for a nice quiet lunch while waiting for cabins to open and also having a place to drop our carry on bags.  Bring on that glass of wine too!!  🙂 

20 hours ago, George C said:

DFW has some entrances without TSA Pre-Check lines.   But the ones I have used, have a Priority Line.  But I was on United.  Not sure what airline you have.

For your Pre-Check, you need to add your number to your profile.  If you do not add it, the airline does not know you have it.

3 hours ago, SRF said:

DFW has some entrances without TSA Pre-Check lines.   But the ones I have used, have a Priority Line.  But I was on United.  Not sure what airline you have.

For your Pre-Check, you need to add your number to your profile.  If you do not add it, the airline does not know you have it.

We fly american at least 5 times a year and normally get tsa 4 times , I did not say I saw lines without tsa I sad some lines no longer has first class, but have seen no tsa a few times

If you are signed up for Pre-Check, then you need to make sure your number is in your airline profile for EACH airline.

If you just got Pre-Check 4 of 5 times, congrats. 😄

That is why I specified I flew United.  One security point had no Pre-Check, but did have a Priority line.  To get Pre-Check would have involved a hike to the other location, then a hike back, as our gate was need the closer checkpoint.

And the lack of a Priority line can be an airline thing.  They may not want to pay for it.

45 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think I will keep this a secret from Dan for now.  He's already not a fan of the big ships-  Enjoyed that perk while it was there

Book another GS. 😉

However, it applies to Enchantment and Mariner as well.