RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Took the absolute minimum ($200 pp) offer on a grand suite from a standard balcony for our December 16th Navigator sailing.  I have absolutely 0 expectations of it getting accepted, but you never know!  Would likely cancel our DDP if it did happen to get accepted as I could just take advantage of the cocktail reception every evening.

5 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We should hear within 48 hours about our royal up for our first week of our B2B.

Just wondering...did they give you a response date when you "royal upped?" I have a feeling that people who have GTY cabins won't get their assignments until all the royal up requests are granted or denied.

Finally received an offer.  46 days prior to the cruise.  Minimum bids were $50pp to go from CP balcony to Oceanview balcony and $300 per person to go to a JS.  This is for the Christmas sailing on Oasis.  

Since there's no double points and we already have the UDP and wouldn't use Coastal Kitchen I'm going to pass on the JS.  We have 2 side by side cabins so I will think about the OV balcony, we really don't use the balcony that much so I will most likely pass on it as well.

• Like 1

So just got a surprise from RoyalUp today which was totally unexpected..an email that our Crown Loft Suite was accepted!!!  Was surprised because a) our cruise on Harmony isn’t until Dec. 1st and b) I put in a crappy bid.  I put in a strong bid for a Jr. Suite thinking that would be cool and bam....crown loft was accepted.  Why I have no idea but here is how it all went down.

Booked a standard ocean view balcony for 3 last week, got an email from RoyalUp to bid on an OS, GS and Spacious Ocenview.  At that time I did the minimum for the OS and GS.  Then a couple of days later I noticed that they had hump balcony rooms available for like $30 more than my standard so I called Royal and changed to that and paid the $30.00.  Later that day I received an email stating that because of my change my previous RoyalUp bids had been cancelled and that I can click here for a new offer.  I clicked away and now had the chance to bid on the Crown Loft, OS, GS and Junior.  I bid $1300 for the Crown, $1000 for OS, $700 for GS and $450 for Junior Suite.  They were all minimum except the Jr. Suite was strong, as I was thinking I am good with the Junior.  

So today when I received the email, to say I was a little shocked is an understatement.... not sure how that all works, but I was really thinking we would not get any offers as there was still like 14 hump rooms left.  I told my wife that I didn’t think it would be accepted because there does not appear to be that great a demand for 4 person hump rooms, so no hurry to move us for someone else.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sail2k said:

So just got a surprise from RoyalUp today which was totally unexpected..an email that our Crown Loft Suite was accepted!!!  Was surprised because a) our cruise on Harmony isn’t until Dec. 1st and b) I put in a crappy bid.  I put in a strong bid for a Jr. Suite thinking that would be cool and bam....crown loft was accepted.  Why I have no idea but here is how it all went down.

Booked a standard ocean view balcony for 3 last week, got an email from RoyalUp to bid on an OS, GS and Spacious Ocenview.  At that time I did the minimum for the OS and GS.  Then a couple of days later I noticed that they had hump balcony rooms available for like $30 more than my standard so I called Royal and changed to that and paid the $30.00.  Later that day I received an email stating that because of my change my previous RoyalUp bids had been cancelled and that I can click here for a new offer.  I clicked away and now had the chance to bid on the Crown Loft, OS, GS and Junior.  I bid $1300 for the Crown, $1000 for OS, $700 for GS and $450 for Junior Suite.  They were all minimum except the Jr. Suite was strong, as I was thinking I am good with the Junior.  

So today when I received the email, to say I was a little shocked is an understatement.... not sure how that all works, but I was really thinking we would not get any offers as there was still like 14 hump rooms left.  I told my wife that I didn’t think it would be accepted because there does not appear to be that great a demand for 4 person hump rooms, so no hurry to move us for someone else.

So happy and excited for you guys! We're going on Harmony 2 weeks after you, so I hope to hear something soon too! I've noticed the pattern on this thread (assuming everyone's dates were correct) that the responses come out on or around Tuesday of each week. This of course, excludes those notified within 24-48 hours from departure.

Happy Sailing!

Btw, technically the crown loft was the highest bid-money wise. If you remember that RCL is in the business of making money. 1300 is more than what they would have had if you didnt bid at all!

Edited by Airish

8 minutes ago, Airish said:

Btw, technically the crown loft was the highest bid-money wise. If you remember that RCL is in the business of making money. 1300 is more than what they would have had if you didnt bid at all!

I agree, but I guess I just figured that someone else was going to win the bid with a higher bid than mine as I went minimum.  Not exactly sure how it all works, but I am sure they have a formula that like you said....makes royal more money.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sail2k said:

I agree, but I guess I just figured that someone else was going to win the bid with a higher bid than mine as I went minimum.  Not exactly sure how it all works, but I am sure they have a formula that like you said....makes royal more money.

That is frustrating... I bid more than you for that Crown Loft Suite ($1200/person, not total).

1 hour ago, Sail2k said:

Congratulations! This is so exciting!

Enjoy that room!

Still waiting on ours. 25 days to sail. 

22 hours ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Took the absolute minimum ($200 pp) offer on a grand suite from a standard balcony for our December 16th Navigator sailing.  I have absolutely 0 expectations of it getting accepted, but you never know!  Would likely cancel our DDP if it did happen to get accepted as I could just take advantage of the cocktail reception every evening.

So less than 24 hours later my bare minimum $200 offer got accepted for the grand suite.  As another data point, my father got accepted for $500 pp on a 2 bedroom grand suite about 48 hours after his offer (same time mine was accepted).  Navigator of the seas Dec 16 sailing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

So less than 24 hours later my bare minimum $200 offer got accepted for the grand suite.  As another data point, my father got accepted for $500 pp on a 2 bedroom grand suite about 48 hours after his offer (same time mine was accepted).  Navigator of the seas Dec 16 sailing.

This is awesome! I love reading the good news from everyone. Happy Sailing to you and your family!🛳⛴🛥

• Like 1

I had my RoyalUp offer accepted today. I am on Symphony on November 30th. I am going from a grand suite to Star Loft #1724. I bid on October 1st, the first day I got the email. Minimum was $1700pp and I bid $1860. In total it is still half the price of what they were asking every time I checked. I’m very excited!! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

I had my RoyalUp offer accepted today. I am on Symphony on November 30th. I am going from a grand suite to Star Loft #1724. I bid on October 1st, the first day I got the email. Minimum was $1700pp and I bid $1860. In total it is still half the price of what they were asking every time I checked. I’m very excited!! 

I'm calling it Terrific Tuesday! Congratulations on your upgrade! Have so much fun for me!

• Thanks 1