Formal nite attire

topcruz

18 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Lol, take a look at the thread on tipping, I am now being attacked because I'm a free wheeling spending American, really ? 

I just read through the thread. Not surprised. Stand your ground. Agree with you on why do others concern themselves with how you elect to tip (spend "YOUR" money). So not to be accused of taking this thread sideways, it also applies to the whole suggested dress guidelines for the MDR. No one else's business! 

That sounds like a very nice outfit, I have considered the same, black shirt and white slacks.

Lol, I saw a guy my last cruise wearing a "Union Jack" suit on Chic Night, I love patriotism, but he looked like a clown, lol.

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

Lol, take a look at the thread on tipping, I am now being attacked because I'm a free wheeling spending American, really ? 

I like the what could be considered as a rather stereotypical comment by the one non-American poster about you being a stereotypical American.....

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I always wear a long-sleeve dress shirt to Captain's Club and dinner. For chic night, I add a tie. Still that makes me overdressed compared to others.

That said, I'm taking the tux on next week's Edge cruise just because there is hardly anything else in the suitcase (3 nights).

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

I always wear a long-sleeve dress shirt to Captain's Club and dinner. For chic night, I add a tie. Still that makes me overdressed compared to others.

That said, I'm taking the tux on next week's Edge cruise just because there is hardly anything else in the suitcase (3 nights).

What makes you think others were underdressed? 😕

Edited by davekathy

53 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What makes you think others were underdressed? 😕

I understand your point (although better expressed before you changed it).

What I meant to convey was this. Those that don't want to dress up should feel very comfortable, as they will be in the majority on most Caribbean sailings. Those that take pleasure in occasionally putting on the dog and want to dress in a tux, suit, kilt, uniform, etc., they should go for it and don't feel a bit out of place. Chic night really, really is you do you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I understand your point (although better expressed before you changed it).

What I meant to convey was this. Those that don't want to dress up should feel very comfortable, as they will be in the majority on most Caribbean sailings. Those that take pleasure in occasionally putting on the dog and want to dress in a tux, suit, kilt, uniform, etc., they should go for it and don't feel a bit out of place. Chic night really, really is you do you. 

Yea I decided to edit to ask a more direct question. Thanks for the clarification and agree. 

9 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

The majority gentleman wore suits and ladies wore dresses. 

Huh, this is 180 degrees from what we experienced on two Celebrity cruises this year (Med & South America).  Things will vary a lot ship-to-ship I suppose.  

9 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

The bottom line is that if you follow dress code you are ok.

I couldn't agree more and it is fairly straightforward on what to expect.    

Just back from the Silhouette.  There were a few tuxes, dinner jackets and suits, but the vast majority of men wore long or short sleeved shirts, with or without ties.  My husband wore a sport coat and even that was in the minority.  He wears it on the plane to make packing easier.

I doubt if you would be turned away unless wearing the rattiest of attire or possibly shorts.  This also held true for the specialty restaurants.

Women wore everything from evening dresses and cocktail wear to just 'nice' slacks and tops.

17 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I like the what could be considered as a rather stereotypical comment by the one non-American poster about you being a stereotypical American.....

I would not tip in advance but I got a chuckle reading the posts from people who imply that those tipping in advance of service are taking away service from the rest of the passengers. Sheesh.

On any cruise, not just Celebrity, even the ones that still have evening they label formal I wear a long sleeve shirt and nice pants. No jacket or tie. Even on Europe cruises out of Southampton. Like my last cruise on Princess. The crew does not care. I don't care what the Europeans onboard think. I will never see them again. 

• Like 1