Cruise Related Insanity - Is Quarantine Required?!

GUEST71919

I realizedĀ last night that I haveĀ rounded a corner, or maybe I have gone into the deep recesses of the underworld or have entered a black hole - because last night I ordered a personalized cabin door decoration for our next cruise šŸ˜µšŸ¤­Ā 

Ā 

I am not the type who likes frilly clothes or an excess of anything; you will never see me at Disney World with a pair of Mickey ears (no insult intended) and I donā€™t own any T-shirts that have slogans, logos, company names, or the names/faces of famous people. I have never even wanted to go to a costume party! What is happening to me?! I am beginning to think that someone on my last cruise in October slipped me some kind of drug that has caused this derangement! šŸ¤Ŗ

Ā 

So, if there is a treatment for this ailment, please post below. Or if there are further symptoms awaiting me, please let me know! šŸ‘©šŸ¼ā€āš•ļøšŸ‘ØšŸ½ā€āš•ļø Or you could just share your own brand of ā€œcruise insanityā€ with me so I donā€™t feel alone. šŸ˜…Ā 

Ā 

Lynn āœŒšŸ¼

Edited by 2Beeze

I think your next step into the depths of 'cruise insanity' involves starting to lay out all your outfits to pack for the cruise - hurry, must do it now! Ā  Then your can read through all the online menus for your ship/cruise and choose what you plan to eat each night for dinner. Ā  Ā 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kartgv said:

I think your next step into the depths of 'cruise insanity' involves starting to lay out all your outfits to pack for the cruise - hurry, must do it now! Ā  Then your can read through all the online menus for your ship/cruise and choose what you plan to eat each night for dinner. Ā  Ā 

Yes! Ā Ok, well I kept most of the Oct stuff in the guest room for the Jan cruise - may be part of the issue, huh?! I have bought now 7 new formal/dressy dresses (donā€™t judge šŸ˜ ) and 4 new pairs of dressy shoes (maybe 5, whose counting). Oh I am sunk, I am

S Ā U N K... šŸ˜³

We don't decorate our doors, but we have taken to carrying magnets for the door, just to identify it to us.Ā  My obsession is minimal packing.Ā  I am mentally packing as soon as I book a cruise.Ā  Be it next week or a year away.Ā  EM

• Like 1

@dolittleĀ Ā šŸ˜ÆšŸ˜ÆšŸ˜ÆšŸ˜Æ we do use lanyards, since few of my clothes have pockets, there are few options since they are constantly wanting to see them (but itā€™s AU and MSNBC, no rhinestones šŸ˜¬). No beads or matching T shirts (oh donā€™t let me do those... LOL)

Ā 

@cb at seaĀ Ā nor did I... until last night, so beware!!!

Ā 

@EssiesmomĀ Ā This is a magnetic sign, itā€™s not streamers yet šŸ¤­Ā Looks like youĀ too are headed to the black hole!!! šŸ˜±Ā  Coastal GA? I feel like I spent half my summers during childhood at Jekyll Island (my mother was raised just north of Savannah). Ā Itā€™s been so long, but the memories are all so nice and the thoughts of it always warm šŸ˜Š

Ā 

@fyree39Ā Ā yes, it seems that itā€™s a done deal! Also I have the kitty Mom disease as you have! šŸ˜³šŸ™€

Edited by 2Beeze

Order me a Straight Jacket from Amazon when you order yours.Ā  We leave on the Niew Amsterdam in 13 days.Ā  We never do anything to draw attention to us, we are very reserved.Ā  Some how I am the owner of a couple strings of battery powered Christmas lights, with command strips to hang them.Ā  There are some things that "might be used" to decorate a door that have found their way into the outside pocket of the big suitcase.Ā  Someone please medicate us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, danielsumner said:

Order me a Straight Jacket from Amazon when you order yours.Ā  We leave on the Niew Amsterdam in 13 days.Ā  We never do anything to draw attention to us, we are very reserved.Ā  Some how I am the owner of a couple strings of battery powered Christmas lights, with command strips to hang them.Ā  There are some things that "might be used" to decorate a door that have found their way into the outside pocket of the big suitcase.Ā  Someone please medicate us.

Oh my! You might have a more severe case than mine... oh goodness! Luckily I do have access to straight jackets šŸ˜µšŸ¤­

Ā 

P.S. Send photos!

Edited by 2Beeze

10 hours ago, angie7911922 said:

Sounds like you have cabin fever - you need immediate boat drinks, sun, sand, and relaxation. Then you should be just fine! šŸ™‚

Funny! So would it be CABIN fever or LACK-OF-A-CABIN fever?! šŸ™„šŸ¤£. Clearly I am headed into 8 yo mode tonight!

Ā 

Lynn

2Beeze, I am really disappointed in you.

I thought you and I had so much in common.Ā  You buy four new cruise dresses, I buy three, on top of the ones we already have.

But now this!

Please tell me your dresses don't have little anchors and signal flags all over them.Ā  Please tell me you're not going to start wearing cruiseline logo earrings, necklace and bracelets.

Is it too late to pull yourself out of this madness?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

2Beeze, I am really disappointed in you.

I thought you and I had so much in common.Ā  You buy four new cruise dresses, I buy three, on top of the ones we already have.

But now this!

Please tell me your dresses don't have little anchors and signal flags all over them.Ā  Please tell me you're not going to start wearing cruiseline logo earrings, necklace and bracelets.

Is it too late to pull yourself out of this madness?

Ā 

It is an illness, Ā some screwy DNA...clearly I am not in my right mind šŸ˜© Ā But I am salvageable because the dresses are lovely with no anchors or flags to be found anywhere (pinks and reds and two blues, but one a light blue and the other a teal, not a navy in the bunch!)! Come, letā€™s go have our photo taken now!!! šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤—

Ā 

Lynn

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SPacificbound said:

This form of "insanity" can be corrected by booking at least 6 more cruises, all for 2019.

This then requires living onboard?! Eeks... where exactly in SC did that billionaire lottery winner live again??? šŸ¤Ø

Ā 

Lynn

Too, funny because I can relate.Ā  I just made some little buoy magnets with our names on it for the door.Ā  Never done it before, not sure what possessed me to now.Ā  They are cute though so I'll keep them.Ā  Have a great cruise, we are cruising right after you on 2/3.Ā  And yes my kids made matching tshirts for our cruise last Thanksgiving.Ā  They had a blast and it was really easy to find them because I didn't have to think about what they were wearing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sprint180 said:

Too, funny because I can relate.Ā  I just made some little buoy magnets with our names on it for the door.Ā  Never done it before, not sure what possessed me to now.Ā  They are cute though so I'll keep them.Ā  Have a great cruise, we are cruising right after you on 2/3.Ā  And yes my kids made matching tshirts for our cruise last Thanksgiving.Ā  They had a blast and it was really easy to find them because I didn't have to think about what they were wearing.

Kids = matching shirts = cute. A entire group of grown folks - not as cute šŸ˜…šŸ˜‰Ā Plus, a crew neck t-shirt is my worst option, I have thin legs so they make me look like sponge Bob!Ā 

Ā 

If you are on the NCL Epic in Feb,Ā I will keep the seat warm!!

Edited by 2Beeze

OP,Ā Ā Ā  I do not decorateĀ  ca bin doors, wear lots of HALĀ  garments though I admit to a few. šŸ™‚Ā  I understand your self confusion at your recent actionĀ Ā  Don't worry too much.Ā Ā  GO on your cruise, relax and enjoy itĀ Ā Ā 

Ā 

If you reallyĀ  hate it,Ā  Take it down.Ā  šŸ™‚

Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

OP,Ā Ā Ā  I do not decorateĀ  ca bin doors, wear lots of HALĀ  garments though I admit to a few. šŸ™‚Ā  I understand your self confusion at your recent actionĀ Ā  Don't worry too much.Ā Ā  GO on your cruise, relax and enjoy itĀ Ā Ā 

Ā 

If you reallyĀ  hate it,Ā  Take it down.Ā  šŸ™‚

Ā 

Oh! You must show me photos of you in these HAL ā€œdudsā€!!! I keep joking with the hubster than I am going to take his music studio for a dedicated ā€œcruise roomā€ with ā€œCaribbeanā€ and ā€œAlaskaā€ racks šŸ¤£ He is not quite sure that I am joking. šŸ˜‰. Ā But I do thankĀ Ā you for your help with my ā€œcondition.ā€™

Ā 

Oooh... the sign arrived, I think it looks petty cute (I write that as if there is only one and that would be untrue... there are 3, 2 have arrived šŸ˜… but one is for the upcoming cruise and this the sign of the moment!)

Ā 

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

You'll know you really have a problem when there's a shoe-organizer on the back of the guest room door, where you keep all the necessities.Ā  Lanyards, international power converters, travel-sized sunscreens, sunglass tethers, rain ponchos, laundry tokens/detergent pods...Ā  And 'shop' from there every time you pack.

Ā 

Oh, and when that guest room closet isĀ devoted to luggage and cruise wear...Ā Ā  I can pack for aĀ 7-day cruise in 30 minutes because I don't need toĀ take 10 steps.

Ā 

Copies of the standard his-and-hers pack lists are in the shoe-pockets, too.Ā  Yeah, we have it bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sue Do-Over said:

You'll know you really have a problem when there's a shoe-organizer on the back of the guest room door, where you keep all the necessities.Ā  Lanyards, international power converters, travel-sized sunscreens, sunglass tethers, rain ponchos, laundry tokens/detergent pods...Ā  And 'shop' from there every time you pack.

Ā 

Oh, and when that guest room closet isĀ devoted to luggage and cruise wear...Ā Ā  I can pack for aĀ 7-day cruise in 30 minutes because I don't need toĀ take 10 steps.

Ā 

Copies of the standard his-and-hers pack lists are in the shoe-pockets, too.Ā  Yeah, we have it bad.

Ā 

Yep, itā€™s bad. You should get professional help!Ā We have 3 cruises booked ahead now and the guest room (the whole room)Ā has been changed over to the ā€œcruise roomā€ - hereā€™s itā€™s current state šŸ˜³šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3BE20DB6-FB5E-4A6D-ACD4-6E6188D40DF1.jpeg

086A48AF-46FB-42DD-97B1-45180AAA3EDB.jpeg