B2B Curious as to how it works

mit429

Your stateroom assistant will move everything, just pack what you have loose and in the drawers, what is in the closet on hooks is not necessary to pack it. Don't forget your clear the safety box and keep the items and your valuables with you.

Edited by gerelmx

52 minutes ago, mit429 said:

I’m doing my first B2B, we are changing from AQ to S1. 

Do you pack everything up and leave it in your room and they move it, or do you have to take everything with you?

thanks

You will get instructions re getting your new seapass card, delivered to your stateroom.  Remember that any internet minutes left at the end of the first segment will disappear.  Your OBC will be treated the same way.  Non refundable will be lost and refundable will be credited to your credit card.  The two segments are treated as different cruises.

Sometimes there is a lunch for B2B's but we have never had one.  A long time ago there was a meeting and we all got some free laundry coupons and a free lunch in Bistro on 5 (now you know how long ago that was, as it's been gone for years.)

You will really enjoy seeing others get off while you relax for another cruise!  Enjoy.

56 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Your stateroom assistant will move everything, just pack what you have loose and in the drawers, what is in the closet on hooks is not necessary to pack it. Don't forget your clear the safety box and keep the items and your valuables with you.

Oh, so you don't need to take anything off the hangars? 

That's quite convenient! 

Go and find your new attendant and ask them to do your new cabin first on changeover day, so you can 'move in' asap.

As said, don't forget to check your first cruise account before changeover, like you would normally. If you want to, you can move yourself. We normally do, as the stateroom staff have enough to do on changeover day. Also, if anything is forgotten, you have no one to blame but yourself! They will lend you a 'hotel' cart to aid you.

Most important, look really smug at breakfast...'cos you are not getting off!

Simon

• Like 2

We are doing our first one at the end of next October beginning of November on the equinox but we are doing the opposite we’re going from S1  to an aqua class room !  we just decided to add that second week on and we have never done a B2B  we are excited but our room that we were already in was booked for the second week . Plus we are saving a lot of money and will put it toward specialty restaurants and excursions !  You might have our Stewards  move ours but we are only a short walk to the new room so we probably won’t move our own stuff . Depending  if we hang out on the boat or head out for the day .

If it’s US ports, you’ll be stepping off as a group to go through Customs and then back on, and the port is another port of call for you after that. 

Love B2B’s! The night before, you are sitting and relaxing while everyone else is exchanging tags for when they want to get off, packing up, and their mindset is the cruise is over. You....you’ll be enjoying another day at sea and another port of call! 

enjoy!! We do. 

Den

• Like 2

I’m posting instructions we received on our last b2b.  While some aspects may changed the process is usually very similar.   You will also be invited to. B2B meeting, where they will brief you and answer questions.  

79E9923D-59C5-4512-AABF-A3067EF8BE51.thumb.jpeg.79095acc14edf0f1604546fbaac6f07a.jpeg

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Love B2B’s! The night before, you are sitting and relaxing while everyone else is exchanging tags for when they want to get off, packing up, and their mindset is the cruise is over. You....you’ll be enjoying another day at sea and another port of call! 

enjoy!! We do. 

Den

If we are changing cabins, we are in the same boat as if we were  leaving....still have to pack up all our drawers, bathroom, etc.  We can't get off the ship till the new cabin is ready otherwise what do you do with all the stuff from the safe.

Unfortunately on our B2B, the first cabin is on deck 11 ( C2) and the second one on deck 7 ( 2A).

So glad that Jim posted that B2B instruction letter -- it is what I have described in past posts about the B2B process as that "succinct" instruction letter.  On the reverse are some FAQ.

The third option under "Dining Arrangements" is the lunch in the MDR for Concierge Class passengers.  Since it has been included in Concierge Class B2B and Zenith passengers are also invited.  Luminae will be open for those in suites.

55 minutes ago, nikel said:

If we are changing cabins, we are in the same boat as if we were  leaving....still have to pack up all our drawers, bathroom, etc.  We can't get off the ship till the new cabin is ready otherwise what do you do with all the stuff from the safe.

Unfortunately on our B2B, the first cabin is on deck 11 ( C2) and the second one on deck 7 ( 2A).

nikel:  We generally do B2B or  B2B2B series, and frequently move staterooms.  Your stateroom attendant from the first leg will be in contact with the new stateroom attendant.  They can arrange for you to get into that new room before it is cleaned to move the safe contents.  If for some reason that makes you nervous, then just leave a note in the safe that the contents belong to the incoming passenger. 

13 hours ago, mit429 said:

I’m doing my first B2B, we are changing from AQ to S1. 

Do you pack everything up and leave it in your room and they move it, or do you have to take everything with you?

thanks

As others have stated, it is good to leave as much clothing as possible on hangers to minimize the amount of stuff you need to pack.

Ask your stateroom attendant for a large plastic bag the day before, the kind they use for packing the linens.  Then you can just toss all your shoes into the big bag and don't need to pack any shoes.

(The big "shoe bag" rides right on the luggage cart with the hanging clothes.  You can toss in other odds and ends, such as snorkel gear, as well.)

All B2B passengers are eligible to have lunch in the main dining room on the turnaround day,  but it is a good idea to ask to see the menu before being seated there.

I say this because that menu is extremely limited.  Often there is nothing on it that appeals to us, so we head up to the buffet instead, or to the spa cafe, or to the pool grill.. 

Or do a combination --  eat anything that may look good to you on the main dining room menu and then head elsewhere for the rest of your meal.

We like to check out the variety of ice cream flavors up at the buffet, as well as the offerings at the pool grill and the spa cafe, and  don't forget about Cafe Al Bacio.

However, since you are moving to a suite,  you will be eligible to eat lunch in Luminae (the suite restaurant) so you may not even want to bother with  the main dining room menu at all.

Do move valuables directly from the old safe to the new one. 

If you plan to get off the ship that day,  it is best to move them to the new safe early that morning -- as soon as the previous occupants vacate the cabin.   No need to wait until they make up the room.

We ask the new stateroom attendant (or butler) to call and leave us a message as soon as the previous occupants depart so that we can move our valuables over immediately and not need  to risk carrying them around with us for any longer than necessary.

We typically do that right after breakfast.

When moving to a suite, I would also suggest that you introduce yourself to the Michael's Club concierge a day or two before the turnaround day as s/he may have some additional information for you. 

The entire process should go very smoothly.

Enjoy your B2B!

Edited by varoo

Did you ask for your B2B discount? Most agents don't apply it unless you ask for it. $50 or $100 per leg depending on the number of days. I didn't know about it last year but when I found out a few weeks before my B2B, I called my TA and Celebrity quickly refunded $100 on my credit card. 

50 minutes ago, Paulras said:

Did you ask for your B2B discount? Most agents don't apply it unless you ask for it. $50 or $100 per leg depending on the number of days. I didn't know about it last year but when I found out a few weeks before my B2B, I called my TA and Celebrity quickly refunded $100 on my credit card. 

Yes, you have to request the B2B discount prior to sailing or you will not get the discount.  

Edited by Sam.Seattle
typo

6 hours ago, Paulras said:

Thanks for the tip, I just asked my agent about this and he advised me that it's only for sailings 7-nights or longer (we're on a 3-night then a 7-night), but I will keep this in mind in the future! 

13 hours ago, varoo said:

As others have stated, it is good to leave as much clothing as possible on hangers to minimize the amount of stuff you need to pack.

Ask your stateroom attendant for a large plastic bag the day before, the kind they use for packing the linens.  Then you can just toss all your shoes into the big bag and don't need to pack any shoes.

(The big "shoe bag" rides right on the luggage cart with the hanging clothes.  You can toss in other odds and ends, such as snorkel gear, as well.)

All B2B passengers are eligible to have lunch in the main dining room on the turnaround day,  but it is a good idea to ask to see the menu before being seated there.

I say this because that menu is extremely limited.  Often there is nothing on it that appeals to us, so we head up to the buffet instead, or to the spa cafe, or to the pool grill.. 

Or do a combination --  eat anything that may look good to you on the main dining room menu and then head elsewhere for the rest of your meal.

We like to check out the variety of ice cream flavors up at the buffet, as well as the offerings at the pool grill and the spa cafe, and  don't forget about Cafe Al Bacio.

However, since you are moving to a suite,  you will be eligible to eat lunch in Luminae (the suite restaurant) so you may not even want to bother with  the main dining room menu at all.

Do move valuables directly from the old safe to the new one. 

If you plan to get off the ship that day,  it is best to move them to the new safe early that morning -- as soon as the previous occupants vacate the cabin.   No need to wait until they make up the room.

We ask the new stateroom attendant (or butler) to call and leave us a message as soon as the previous occupants depart so that we can move our valuables over immediately and not need  to risk carrying them around with us for any longer than necessary.

We typically do that right after breakfast.

When moving to a suite, I would also suggest that you introduce yourself to the Michael's Club concierge a day or two before the turnaround day as s/he may have some additional information for you. 

The entire process should go very smoothly.

Enjoy your B2B!

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I’m posting instructions we received on our last b2b.  While some aspects may changed the process is usually very similar.   You will also be invited to. B2B meeting, where they will brief you and answer questions.  

79E9923D-59C5-4512-AABF-A3067EF8BE51.thumb.jpeg.79095acc14edf0f1604546fbaac6f07a.jpeg

Thanks for both of these thorough tips - this is exactly what I was looking for. Happy to know you can leave the hanging clothes!  

14 minutes ago, mit429 said:

Thanks for the tip, I just asked my agent about this and he advised me that it's only for sailings 7-nights or longer (we're on a 3-night then a 7-night), but I will keep this in mind in the future! 

That's what happened to us last year. 4 day followed by an 11 day. We didn't get it for the 4 day but got it for the 11 day. Have your agent call Celebrity. 

Never knew about the b2b discount on Celebrity.  I have done b2b on several lines. I am not a fan.  The turn around day can be hectic on celebrity. Last time I booked a b2b on Summit, we waited in the lounge a long time before they zeroed the ship.  After that, we had to turn in old seapass cards and get new ones. check in with US customs, take photos, etc. There were over 300 b2b guests.  We were lucky in that we did not have to leave the ship.  On some b2b cruises on Celebrity, you have to get off the ship and reboard it. Celebrity makes you zero your account on each cruise. If you have OBC, it cannot carry over. Spend it, cash it, before the next cruise.  Be certain of the amount on each cruise. Check with Guest Relations.  Each time it changes.  The best b2b was on Windstar.   You get a sea card good for your entire voyage, took a free complimentary excursion,  got discount on each cruise, got free same day laundry for the entire voyage, had a special lunch, and returned in time for the muster drill.

23 hours ago, sft429 said:

We have different TAs for our two legs of a 2020 B2B.  Any idea how to handle that for a B2B discount?  I want to do it right the first time.

23 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

My discount was applied to the first sailing.  I would suggest you start with that TA.  Celebrity issues the credit so I would expect the TA to be happy to make the request.

Well, I emailed the TA for the first leg and she contacted Celebrity.  She was told that because the two legs were booked through two different TAs there would be no discount.

1 hour ago, sft429 said:

Well, I emailed the TA for the first leg and she contacted Celebrity.  She was told that because the two legs were booked through two different TAs there would be no discount.

Bummer... that does not seem very fair.  I am surprised the TAs could not each contribute.  

Not looking to rain on anybody's parade here, but I have some news that may affect some of you. DW, myself, and friends were on a Summit B2B in October. One couple did a B2B2B with the following cruise. On the first turnaround, we were able to leave our clothes on hangers for the move. However, something must have changed that week! The couple staying on for the third week had to pack everything! They were told Celebrity did not move stuff left on hangers anymore. We don't know why. We made the decision to make sure we have the same room for a B2B next year. You should check to make sure you're not having to pack up everything changeover morning.

3 hours ago, sft429 said:

But the two cruises are linked in Celebritys system as consecutive cruises. Did your TA call the Captains Club and ask. If not I would have both TAs give the Captains Club a call and ask. I believe each would have to make the request. You do realize you would getting the B2B discount for each leg not just one leg. The amount varies depending on the length of each cruise (leg). If anything, you've learned something here on CC about asking for the B2B discount upfront. And if (?) booking with two different TAs does disqualify you from getting the B2B discounts, then I've learned something new (again) on CC. 

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But the two cruises are linked in Celebritys system as consecutive cruises. Did your TA call the Captains Club and ask. If not I would have both TAs give the Captains Club a call and ask. I believe each would have to make the request. You do realize you would getting the B2B discount for each leg not just one leg. The amount varies depending on the length of each cruise (leg). If anything, you've learned something here on CC about asking for the B2B discount upfront. And if (?) booking with two different TAs does disqualify you from getting the B2B discounts, then I've learned something new (again) on CC. 

I just called the Captain's Club.  A very nice lady worked on this for 45 minutes.  It seemed promising at first but In the end I got no discount.  There were a couple problems.  I used two different TAs and one was a group reservation and one was an individual reservation.  Had they been the same type, both group or both individual, I could have gotten the discount even with two TAs...... I think.

I never knew there was such a thing as a B2B discount.  When I made these reservations I was only planning on using one of them but have since decided I wanted to do both.  Got the same Aqua aft cabin on deck 11 of the Summit.  Hope we like the cabin or it will be a long two weeks.  We've been on 11 twice before but never in an aft.

I would really recommend going to the B2B meeting.   On our Transpacific / Japan Exploration B2B they had a raffle and gave away Bottles of Wine, Free Laundry, Internet and dinner for Two at any specialty.   We were luck to win the Dinner for 2.    I've heard that it isn't normal to have the raffle -  others may be able to comment on their experience.