Revolution (Renovations)

malony33

This has probably already been asked and answered, but I haven't been here for a while. Caught

the flu for the 1st time ever, then developed complications. I'm finally more like myself, and Celebrity

cruising and fellow cruisers are on my mind. So... which ships are going to be"revolutionized" first, or

has Celebrity laid out an order/timetable for the whole fleet?

Thank you for sharing! We are on Equinox for the 6/29 sailing in an aft corner Sky suite. (Our first time in a suite!). Hope those who sail right after the renovations post some pics-I will definitely try to share while on our trip. Excited and curious to see the changes!

Celebrity will overhaul all the staterooms onboard Celebrity Summit, taking everything down to the steel and rebuilding with a new layout and design; rooms will also be outfitted with RFID locks, the line's high-speed Xcelerate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. Additionally, Summit will see its Main Dining Room redesigned with a lighter, airier decor;”stateroom is being boldly rethought. From our inside and ocean view accommodations to our Premium Staterooms like Cod S®, we’re taking moder luxury in a bold new direction to our Premium Staterooms like Concierge Class and AquaClass®, we’re taking modern luxury in a bold new direction

Edited by upwarduk

On 12/4/2018 at 8:33 PM, wendycook22 said:

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/schedule/

The above link lists the timelines for the revolution renovations on each ship in Celebrity's fleet. 

Interesting the pdf has changed and Constellation is now revolutionised by 5/24/20 instead of 5/1/20.. slippage already.....

Not sure of any other date changes?

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Interesting the pdf has changed and Constellation is now revolutionised by 5/24/20 instead of 5/1/20.. slippage already.....

Not sure of any other date changes?

Silhouette's Revolution completion has been moved back a week.  Was originally Jan 24 2020, now it is Jan 31.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:28 AM, upwarduk said:

Celebrity will overhaul all the staterooms onboard Celebrity Summit, taking everything down to the steel and rebuilding with a new layout and design; rooms will also be outfitted with RFID locks, the line's high-speed Xcelerate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. Additionally, Summit will see its Main Dining Room redesigned with a lighter, airier decor;”stateroom is being boldly rethought. From our inside and ocean view accommodations to our Premium Staterooms like Cod S®, we’re taking moder luxury in a bold new direction to our Premium Staterooms like Concierge Class and AquaClass®, we’re taking modern luxury in a bold new direction

Hope this does not mean adding Enclosed veranda balconies with window and window shade gizmos,,,..in place of real outside balconies! That would be a shame!

• Like 1

We went to a cruise expo recently in Auckland - mainly to see if Celebrity had any good specials on future cruises (but they didn't) we went to a talk run by celebrity cruises and they mainly talked about Edge and the Revolution - they showed several images of what the new dining rooms / staterooms...etc... will look like.

to me it just looked like the staterooms were going to be white in colour and to be honest it all looked a bit bland...

15 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

We went to a cruise expo recently in Auckland - mainly to see if Celebrity had any good specials on future cruises (but they didn't) we went to a talk run by celebrity cruises and they mainly talked about Edge and the Revolution - they showed several images of what the new dining rooms / staterooms...etc... will look like.

to me it just looked like the staterooms were going to be white in colour and to be honest it all looked a bit bland...

Any word on changing the balconies?

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope this does not mean adding Enclosed veranda balconies with window and window shade gizmos,,,..in place of real outside balconies! That would be a shame!

I agree!  Please don't mess with the real balconies on any of the existing ships!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 4:03 PM, hcat said:

The cannot add the Infinite Veranda, as the ships structure will not allow it.  Exoskeleton vs endoskeleton design as Celebrity referred to it when they were building the Edge.  So, the balconies will stay. 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:06 PM, Louby-Lou said:

Do you know if there are any new deck plans? I can’t find any.

Thanks.

Here ya go. Second comment down by Atlantacruiser has plans for M class. I haven't seen anything yet for S class, however.