winter 2021 where are the 14 night Caribbean cruises?

Redtravel

I am elite plus.  I have lost track of how many cruises that I have taken.  I sail on Celebrity and other lines too.  For the last 11 years since I retired, I have been taking longer cruises (14+ nights).  January is usually a 14 night Celebrity Caribbean cruise. I like Caribbean cruises out of Florida.  I can fly there in 2-3 hours.  I sailed several times on the Eclipse until it left the Caribbean route.  This January I am on the only 14 night Caribbean cruise on the Reflection.  I just got the email with the new cruises for 2020-2021.  I cannot find any 14+ night Caribbean night cruises.  Am I missing something?   I have done b2b cruises and prefer not to take them.  I hate the turnaround day.  I also don"t like seeing the same menus and entertainment.  I also noticed that fares are up.  Time to look for longer winter cruises that aren't b2b.  Any suggestions?

You aren’t missing anything.  The 14 night Caribbean cruises are gone.  They are hoping you will book two cruises B2B for more days.  But you are likely to just book another cruise line.  Many of us are with you in hoping that the 14 day cruises return in the future.

Edited by cruisestitch

We are booked on one of the 11 night cruises in September. We would love a 14 night cruise again but we now just book a nice hotel for a couple of days before and after the cruise. Two 7 night back to backs are way too expensive for us.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

I am elite plus.  I have lost track of how many cruises that I have taken.  I sail on Celebrity and other lines too.  For the last 11 years since I retired, I have been taking longer cruises (14+ nights).  January is usually a 14 night Celebrity Caribbean cruise. I like Caribbean cruises out of Florida.  I can fly there in 2-3 hours.  I sailed several times on the Eclipse until it left the Caribbean route.  This January I am on the only 14 night Caribbean cruise on the Reflection.  I just got the email with the new cruises for 2020-2021.  I cannot find any 14+ night Caribbean night cruises.  Am I missing something?   I have done b2b cruises and prefer not to take them.  I hate the turnaround day.  I also don"t like seeing the same menus and entertainment.  I also noticed that fares are up.  Time to look for longer winter cruises that aren't b2b.  Any suggestions?

When 2018/2019 winter Caribbean season was released, there were only two 14 night sailings scheduled--Reflection Dec 7, 2018 and Reflection Jan 4 2019 (which you are on according to your post, and so am I).  BTW, please join our Reflection Roll Call!

When 2019/2020 winter Caribbean season was released, there were no 14 night sailings scheduled.  None.  Zero. The 14 night sailings were replaced with 9 and 12 night sailings.  However last month Silhouette's 2020 dry dock schedule was adjusted and one of the outcomes was the creation of a single 14 night S Carib sailing on Jan 31 2020 which also has a thriving nascent roll call.

And now, as you see, the newly released 2020/2021 winter Caribbean season does not have any 14 night sailings....  

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

When 2018/2019 winter Caribbean season was released, there were only two 14 night sailings scheduled--Reflection Dec 7, 2018 and Reflection Jan 4 2019 (which you are on according to your post, and so am I).  BTW, please join our Reflection Roll Call!

When 2019/2020 winter Caribbean season was released, there were no 14 night sailings scheduled.  None.  Zero. The 14 night sailings were replaced with 9 and 12 night sailings.  However last month Silhouette's 2020 dry dock schedule was adjusted and one of the outcomes was the creation of a single 14 night S Carib sailing on Jan 31 2020 which also has a thriving nascent roll call.

And now, as you see, the newly released 2020/2021 winter Caribbean season does not have any 14 night sailings....  

Same thing has been happening on European sailing for the past few years, started at 14 days, them dropped to 12, then 11, then 10 and now 9

Only thing not reducing is the price. Same price but less days.

It's like the food manufacturers, keep the price the same reduce the contents.

Edited by bogofman
  • Like 1

We have always tried to do 14 day Caribbean cruises to justify the transatlantic air fare from the UK. We've done B2B with Celebrity and consider the days returning to Florida midpoint time wasted - no sooner have you got to the Caribbean then you're turning back again!! Celebrity's decision to only offer shorter cruises will have their regular passengers looking elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Cruise Prolific said:

We have always tried to do 14 day Caribbean cruises to justify the transatlantic air fare from the UK. We've done B2B with Celebrity and consider the days returning to Florida midpoint time wasted - no sooner have you got to the Caribbean then you're turning back again!! Celebrity's decision to only offer shorter cruises will have their regular passengers looking elsewhere.

I share your disappointed in the elimination of the regular 14 day winter cruise.

On the other hand I am not sure that I would consider the substituted 12, 11, and 10 day cruise a total waste.  I will let you know after  I complete my first 12 day Silhouette version next month.  

We enjoy the Silhouette more than the Eclipse, so that is a positive, but that changes in 2021.

1 hour ago, Cruise Prolific said:

Totally agree with you. We always did 14 nighters and now have a couple of 10 nighters booked with extra days in a hotel at the end but it's not what we really want.  I looked at the only 14 night Silhouette cruise in Jan 2020 and it's the only cruise in that month on the UK site without a drinks package included! 

7 hours ago, lovescarborough said:

Totally agree with you. We always did 14 nighters and now have a couple of 10 nighters booked with extra days in a hotel at the end but it's not what we really want.  I looked at the only 14 night Silhouette cruise in Jan 2020 and it's the only cruise in that month on the UK site without a drinks package included! 

Perhaps it is because the cruise was just recently released and is not up to date?  It might be worth a call.