LIVE from EDGE - 12/9/18 - 7 night Western Caribbean Maiden Voyage

WonderMan3

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Ah, you have to come here to Provincetown sometime. We get some amazing sunsets...

3B5370D0-85C7-4F0B-B744-4876C82E9E3B.jpeg

A6DE303D-A755-4D6B-AF64-2502B1A9821E.jpeg

F2BF9BB4-076A-4225-B00D-4200D2EAC7ED.jpeg

9405F9C5-7673-4A97-AD06-93FA86D5BFAB.jpeg

Remarkable!  You take incredible pictures -- we will have to come up that way.  Thank you for sharing.  These are my favorites, may I use them as background images on my iPhone and such?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nednrom said:

Remarkable!  You take incredible pictures -- we will have to come up that way.  Thank you for sharing.  These are my favorites, may I use them as background images on my iPhone and such?

Sure, and thank you!

21 hours ago, nednrom said:

We've been to Key West a few times, I've yet to see a sunset as beautiful as the ones in Key West.  The Western Union Schooner is a 70 year old authentic historical registered sailboat and was being painstakingly repaired last time we were there.  Did you notice if it was operational now? My husband and I had our first sunset sailing on her so Key West is sentimental for us.  It has changed throughout the years, Sunset pier has been ruined since they are building hotels around it, you just need to get out of the touristy areas.

It is not - plenty of the island is far less touristy but I can certainly see why anyone who sticks to Duval Street and especially Lower Duval (the area near Mallory Square) would not fall in love with our island.  There is a large contingency of P-Town people who visit and live here

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Was pleasantly surprised to see that Celebrity shared one of my Edge photos on their Instagram page several days ago. Didn’t discover it until today so it was a nice Christmas present! 🙂

It is a very good picture and thanks for the review.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Was pleasantly surprised to see that Celebrity shared one of my Edge photos on their Instagram page several days ago. Didn’t discover it until today so it was a nice Christmas present! 🙂

Sound like some form of royalties are in order...LOL  Great review and pictures!

Art

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 9:29 PM, WonderMan3 said:

As you board a staff member will instruct you that you can go right to your room and get your keys from the slot outside the room, drop your bags and go get food.

Is this true for all classes of rooms (are ready upon boarding), or just the suites? My wife and I will be on the Edge for the March 31, 2019 sailing and are staying in an inside oceanview stateroom (we are 'value' cruisers). On our past cruises, all on RCCL, we had to wait after boarding early until the rooms were ready and had to tote our carryon bags around.

39 minutes ago, leadvocal said:

Is this true for all classes of rooms (are ready upon boarding), or just the suites? My wife and I will be on the Edge for the March 31, 2019 sailing and are staying in an inside oceanview stateroom (we are 'value' cruisers). On our past cruises, all on RCCL, we had to wait after boarding early until the rooms were ready and had to tote our carryon bags around.

All staterooms are available upon boarding to leave your carry on, put stuff in the safe, and to pick up your seapass cards which are left in the mail slot outside the door.  The cabins are not completely cleaned up yet. the bed was made though. So, drop your stuff, go to lunch, and explore the ship, and by the time you are back the cabin should be completely ready.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ecslady said:

All staterooms are available upon boarding to leave your carry on, put stuff in the safe, and to pick up your seapass cards which are left in the mail slot outside the door.  The cabins are not completely cleaned up yet. the bed was made though. So, drop your stuff, go to lunch, and explore the ship, and by the time you are back the cabin should be completely ready.

I liked this.... apparently the beds have to be made by 11 am.... and the old towels removed... not sure what else was cleaned before we dropped off our carryon bags (vacuuming, cleaning showers etc). Notice no towels and a dirty glass left behind by former occupants.... Attendant told us that they had certain things to complete before passengers began arriving and then they would finish up the rest before 1 as I recall. It was nice not having to sit around waiting... great to be able to drop stuff off and head out exploring and getting lunch etc. Nice change

On 12/11/2018 at 2:33 PM, hcat said:

Doesn't look  as crowded as our last 2 experiences, both on Infinity.

First time was at the photo display area outside of Michaels...no chairs were there but we arrived early and I took one  from Michaels.  It started late, was unduly long and disorganized. Staff in charge were rude and  we were told to sit on the floor..I gave my chair to  someone who truly needed it more than I..

. Next trip we were assigned to Michaels..We arrived early and had seats.,It was wall to wall SRO and people were told to sit on the tables ( great for those who would have snacks and drinks there later)

I agree that Celeb needs to rethink how they handle these important drills..there are some long protracted threads on this topic so anyone with an interest can search them out,

Despite the luggage and clothing set back...looks like you two are having a great time...I may use clear plastic dry cleaner bags to wrap our clothes inside the suitcases.,has saved us from minor spills like mini Tequia bottles,  cough syrup) a few times, and may keep our belongings dry!

Hope you continue to win and have no more seasickness!

I always pack in heavy plastic modules placed in the suitcases.  And your experience proves it does happen that water/rain will get in.  Enjoying your review, but it's not helping me decide on the Edge.  Not much to like about it, the S1 doesn't seem as nice as on the S class, and the rest of the ship from the photos is very cold IMHO. 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:04 AM, WonderMan3 said:

You are a beautiful photographer - I think that photography is more than just the equipment, it takes an artistic eye to produce exceptional ones - I just take pictures.  

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 2:09 PM, WonderMan3 said:

Just to finish off information regarding my trip.

What an absolutely great review! We don't sail until March 31,2019 but after reading your review it has really amped up my excitement.

Thanks for taking your valuable vacation time to do this for folks.

All the best to you and Mike in the New Year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2018 at 12:09 PM, cricketgirl said:

I agree that Adam is providing excellent information, pictures, and insight.  Thank you - I'm devouring every word!

As far as those that chime in pointing out everything they consider negative about the ship and proclaiming they will never sail on the Edge, I can't help but wonder why they bother reading this thread, much less taking the time to comment if their mind is already made up.  What's the point?  There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but it's strange to me why some feel the need to publicly down the ship.  Clearly others are having a great time and I would never want to rain on their parade.  There are certain cruise lines and specific ships that I never want to sail on, but i don't waste my time on those boards or in those threads, and surely don't comment negatively - especially on someone else's trip report.  Perhaps I'm in the minority here thinking this way.

Like button on this comment!  I agree.    It is so easy to hide behind a computer screen.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2018 at 8:02 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Why bother reading this and other threads on the Edge?  To form an opinion as to whether it is something I would enjoy or not.  Based on the reviews I've read this far, it is not something I feel is worth it to me.  That is my opinion to which I'm entitled.  I get to choose how to spend my travel money.  I'm not "downing the ship."  I'm just saying it doesn't work for me.

Don't you think you should go on the ship and make the decision based on your own experience?   

• Like 2