Pepsi

cruisencrazy

Drank too much on our last cruise, so not doing beverage package on this upcoming Epic cruise.  My question is, it's all Pepsi, which I don't like...which diet flavors do they have Mt Dew?.....  Also do they have a freestyle machine where you can mix flavors like Coke?

1 hour ago, cruisencrazy said:

Drank too much on our last cruise, so not doing beverage package on this upcoming Epic cruise.  My question is, it's all Pepsi, which I don't like...which diet flavors do they have Mt Dew?.....  Also do they have a freestyle machine where you can mix flavors like Coke?

Unless something has changed, no freestyle machines or self serve machines for that matter.  Diet anything besides Pepsi is a hit or miss thing.  Some bars have Diet Mt. Dew, some didn't.  Restaurants are usually a sure bet on diet products.

I've found the sure bets to be Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew (most of the time) and Sierra Mist.  Even Mt. Dew can be a hit or miss sometimes depending on the bar/venue in my experience.

If you're specifically looking for diet drinks, they have Diet Pepsi and Diet Sierra Mist (if the cruise is in Europe, subtitute Diet 7up).  They also have Nestle Vitality machines which have some good sugar free drinks.  Strawberry Kiwi, Mango, and Lemonade.

If you're looking to mix it up a bit, have the bartender put a little grenadine or sours in with it.

As far as I saw on the Getaway last week, no diet versions of Mountain Dew, Orange Crush, or Root Beer.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:21 PM, cruisencrazy said:

The only diet flavor is Diet Pepsi. There is no freestyle machine.

It is going to be that way UNTIL Coca Cola makes NCL an OFFER they can't refuse and dumps Pepsi.

When is that going to happen - perhaps when NCL makes port call at Antarctica with one of its mega ships

during a volcanic eruption (the opposite of what you were thinking) !

Then on the other hand Coke may not be interested in the puny 17 ship fleet of NCL and more interested in

the over 120 combined fleet of Carnival Princess Holland-America Cunard etc. Coke always got the lions share

of the market.

Very difficult to stock every ship everywhere with every type kind of soft drink.

I like 7UP and Dr. Pepper and good ole fashion Root Beer - but I can go 7 days even 2 weeks without that fix !

I've been able to get diet Sierra Mist on all of my NCL cruises. Of course, I add bourbon and several lime wedges. Then I can hardly tell it's not diet 7-up. LOL! But I think the lime wedges really do help with the taste.

Edited by Aprille

18 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Really do not like Pepsi ... enough for it to be a big factor in not booking a NCL cruise.  :classic_dry:

I prefer coke, but it is not even a remote consideration on cruise line choices. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I don't like Pepsi either, but I can tolerate a diet Pepsi once in a while.  When I'm in port, I will order diet coke.

Soda brands or lack thereof,  are not game changers for me.  I do like the juices available by self service in the buffet: lemonade, strawberry kiwi, etc.

16 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Is diet Sierra Mist like diet 7 up? DH needs diet soda but not dark colored.

Pretty much yes.  My order top to bottom diet 7 up, sprite zero, diet sierra mist.  We've had diet sierra mist all ncl cruises past 7 years.

5 hours ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

I do like the juices available by self service in the buffet: lemonade, strawberry kiwi, etc.

These are truly awful chemical flavors.  Not a real piece of fruit was harmed in the creation of these "juices."  They remind me of the terrible stuff fed to me at summer day camp when I was 7 or 8 years old.  

The iced tea in the buffet was tolerable, although far from great.

Edited by FLAHAM

Reading this thread had me laughing at our experience with Diet Pepsi on The Epic. On the last day we realized that one of the bartenders had been mixing Pepsi and Soda Water from the soda gun to make "Diet" Pepsi as he did not have it in his gun. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1