LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

as far as stair lights go, I was reporting what I was told by the occupants of the CLS I visited during a room crawl this cruise. I was there in the room during the day and all the stair lights were on. Albeit, they may not have known how to turn them off? But they said it’s on all night. 

On oasis and allure you could turn off all the lights on the stairs except for the one on the top stair.  I believe someone also had the same experience.  We use a little paperback book to cover those lights.  

We also enjoy the CLS.  I have not been on Harmony or Symphony yet but will miss the large shower upstairs.  The one thing I donot like about the GS is the high tub that you have to get in and out of.  

4 minutes ago, frank808 said:

On oasis and allure you could turn off all the lights on the stairs except for the one on the top stair.  I believe someone also had the same experience.  We use a little paperback book to cover those lights.  

We also enjoy the CLS.  I have not been on Harmony or Symphony yet but will miss the large shower upstairs.  The one thing I donot like about the GS is the high tub that you have to get in and out of.  

Lisa said the CLS has a decent step up, but perhaps not as tall as the GS tub. She too misses the shower.

2 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

We can no longer book GSs as my husband has mobility issues.  There is only one full accessible suite on the Oasis class a CLS which is really hard to get.  I wish Royal had more options.

We are going on Celebrity next year and they have accessible Sky Suites (not the same benefits, of course).

Enjoy your last evening!

I really perfer celebrity suite perks, luminae is great, and Micheals has free drink from early morning to about midnight, several 12 year old scotch’s including macallen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Ohhh, thanks for this George!  We are booked on the Summit to visit the ABCs.

We did summit early this year , really nice ship service in luminae is amazing much better than costal kitchen, micheals is really elegant but didn’t have views of oasis suite lounge. We are doing a sister ship in March. Sky suites are a little small but compared to rccl full suites but I think you will really like the perks. Also liked ABC islands did that last year.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:50 AM, A&L_Ont said:

I think you will find the bathrooms small and a long walk down the hallway. If the price was good I’d say yes, but I bet your 2 suites next to one another is a better “deal”. With specialty dining not ranking as high for you that could/would be considered a “loss”.  

Andy, for some reason I don’t think you’d have as more fun than you are now and a greater cost. However, if that’s what the ladies want make them happy. 😉

I stayed in the same room on SOS back in September. It has a great balcony, good for room service breakfast and looking at the Acra show. The bathrooms are small compared to other suite rooms. The Geni service was just the best.

Suite guests waiting for final departure in the underused, underwhelming Bionic Bar. 

As always the care and attention from Cheker, Jeremias and Mohamed is excellent. They truly care for and love their passengers. Everyone is a VIP. 

A1243608-A900-41E4-9ED6-E96050E2C8C6.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

If you do get a CLS, I will be interested to hear how you like it. We have another Aqua Suite booked on Harmony but John wants to try a CLS after that. We were able to see one on Oasis and at first John wasn’t impressed, then he checked prices and saw they are much less than the Aqua Suite. We also got tired of the long walk to our Suite!

I put in the bid, then two days later all the suites except the Aqua theater suites were gone.  Guess my minimal bid did not make it.  😉   Oh well...love the GS we are in...same cabin again (that you saw a few weeks ago).  Works for us.  

12 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Easy to control by showing your seapass card at the bar. 

Or at any bar.  😉  

Most of the time, the bartender is not up there in the Suites Sun Deck.  Just never really that busy enough I guess to warrant having a bartender there up at all times perhaps.  

19 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Thanks for answering and the information. No grandkids. Very interesting about the pin service. Swarming in masse-I will remove myself as fast as I can/daughter will drag me away as she knows I get mad fast. Oh well, just glad to be vertical and cruising.  Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Don't fall for the hype.  You will see it is not as bad as some whiners make it out to be.   "Sea" you on board.  First drink in the SL is on me.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wondering about tipping at Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.  Are they the same staff for the duration of the cruise?  Want to figure out if it is easier to tip at the end of the cruise.  

Also, I know different people will have different sense as to what is appropriate for tipping.  So this is not a question about what is right but what you do.  If you get decent service at Coastal Kitchen, how much do you tip?

Finally, the Indian cuisine looks delish!  So I suppose it is okay to mention that we would be interested for one of our evening meals.  Is there more we need to do?

THanks again!

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Don't fall for the hype.  You will see it is not as bad as some whiners make it out to be.   "Sea" you on board.  First drink in the SL is on me.  😉 

Exactly. There's only 2 people here that have a problem. That's hardly an issue.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Exactly. There's only 2 people here that have a problem. That's hardly an issue.

Thank you also. I used to say a cruise is a microcosm of society.  Now CC is also.  I love cruising and try and make the best of most situations onboard.  Some crazy ones over the past 45 years. Last cruise first week of Dec on CCL Horizon was interesting, to say the least.  People who did not book and pay for the Havana cabins and private area demanded to be allowed in there and caused many issues. I feel so sorry for the crew onboard and what they had to deal with.

Merry Xmas and Happy Sailing New Year to you.

16 hours ago, George C said:

We did summit early this year , really nice ship service in luminae is amazing much better than costal kitchen, micheals is really elegant but didn’t have views of oasis suite lounge. We are doing a sister ship in March. Sky suites are a little small but compared to rccl full suites but I think you will really like the perks. Also liked ABC islands did that last year.

Good to hear!  We are looking forward to hearing more and seeing pictures after she is Revolutionized early next year.  

Agree completely that the GS bathtubs are dangerous...  First the bottom of the tub is about 10 inches higher than the floor.  Then the tub sides are very high... So while you can enter the tub using the interior grab rails (essentially pulling yourself up)....exiting there is nothing to grab hold of unless you are tall enough to reach the door knob.  PLUS...(and this is huge)  they have a half glass door that lets a lot of water spill onto the floor. I have zero mobility issues and I was on high alert the entire cruise when showering.  

Andy C....love your observations and concur that suite perks should only be available to suite passengers..  Let the loyalty passengers use the loyalty lounge.  You don't see Cunard diamond level passengers being able to eat in the Queens or Princess Grill.  

Edited by DougMacP
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

I don’t think so. 

We met a couple on Presidents Cruise staying in a GS. They were unable to get any early reservations for the CK. It was difficult if not impossible to get a seat in the SL during early hours of the cocktail hours.  This couple was not very happy with this situation.

We were never able to be seated at our reservation time. Once nearly an hour late. This is not the experience we were accustomed for a GS on Oasis Class. 

On some cruises, at different times of the year, the SL/CK is overwhelmed to the point it’s not possible to provide the expected service. 

The numbers in the SL/CK should be limited. 

On 12/22/2018 at 6:33 PM, Andy C said:

Both my mother in law and my mom took a bad spill in the GS bathtub. FYI to those of you who are not as nimble anymore that this tub is dangerous. If you book this room it may help to bring a bath pad for the tub. 

Your wife was showering with her mother? 😱🤔 Good luck explaining that to the judge. 😉

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t think so. 

We met a couple on Presidents Cruise staying in a GS. They were unable to get any early reservations for the CK. It was difficult if not impossible to get a seat in the SL during early hours of the cocktail hours.  This couple was not very happy with this situation.

We were never able to be seated at our reservation time. Once nearly an hour late. This is not the experience we were accustomed for a GS on Oasis Class. 

On some cruises, at different times of the year, the SL/CK is overwhelmed to the point it’s not possible to provide the expected service. 

The numbers in the SL/CK should be limited. 

Rory I agree with you,in the same circumstances I would not be happy too.

Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year.

Graham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1