Pinnacle and Suite reception?

39august

On Liberty for about a year or two, we have enjoyed a suite and pinnacle reception held in the Viking Crown from about 11:15 to 11:45 with lots of very tasty appetizers brought around by waiters, and plenty of drinks; pretty much anything you want The food is really great: chicken poppers and empanadas from Sabor, sushi, demitasses of mushroom soup, bacon wrapped scallops, cheeses, meats, some other creative things that I  don't recall and desserts. I am pretty sure Oasis class ships do not do this. How about other ships in the fleet?

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I  am not speaking of the pinnacle lunch at all. This is a separate function.

Merion Mom was correct regarding Anthem.

Anthem does have a Suite reception with Pinnacles on the second day at 11 am on each sailing in Vintages along with a separate luncheon for Pinnacle. I don't recall Harmony having a reception for Suite guests when we stayed in a GS in September on the President's cruise.

23 minutes ago, 39august said:

John, isn't top tier in the evening? What I am speaking of is like a brunch. So, from the replies it appears that this certainly varies by ship or may not be done at all. 

Top Tier on Oasis ships is held in the afternoon in the Aqua Theater

1 hour ago, 39august said:

John, isn't top tier in the evening? What I am speaking of is like a brunch. So, from the replies it appears that this certainly varies by ship or may not be done at all. 

Top tier on the Oasis is at 10:45 in the aqua theatre followed by a gathering in either Dazzles or the SL.

Grandeur last Aug had it in the morning of the first full day.  Got to talk to a number of officers.  Good food and free drinks (alcoholic).

It was followed by a reception for all veterans.  Same food, but veterans did not get free drinks. 😄

My original post stated this is what is done on Liberty. However, I'm not sure what you mean by "new Pinnacles". Those making  points to become Pinnacle are generally recognized at the Top Tier Party on the cruise they earn the necessary points. I am not aware of any other recognition the first time you cruise after becoming Pinnacle. Hint: if you go to the suite/pinnacle reception on LB, be 10 minutes early to get a good seat. And usually they start serving the drinks a few minutes before schedule. 

On 12/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, lovelife said:

We have only had one of these luncheons once -- on Explorer this past June.

We were on the Explorer this past August.

We were invited to two receptions like this.

On boarding day we were invited to the lounge (Cannot remember the name, but it was next to the Diamond lounge)

The appetizers were lame, but drinks were a plenty from the bar.

The second one was halfway thru the cruise and the appetizers were much more plentiful, but champagne and coffee tea and such.

It was OK.

Later

On 12/17/2018 at 5:31 PM, Cigar King said:

Anthem had one recently, but, I think it was only for suites.  If they had one for suites AND pinnacle, I did not see that.

Have been invited very recently as pins to the reception on the Anthem.  It was held in Vintages. We were sailing in a JS. 

The last two we did on Oasis (one in the SL, second in Dazzles) was pretty ho-hum.  Officers wandering around, drinks/happy-tisers passed around... but that's it.  No music, nothing really interesting.  Could pretty much do the same thing any night in the SL/CL.