D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

10 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

If Suite Guests aren't staying, why do they need unlimited drinks?  

How do you know the breakdown of people that stay the entire time if you aren't there the entire time?  And how do you know if they are C&A or Suite?  What if they are both?  Seems like you have numbers on nothing, ever, but always have some anecdotal evidence without any logical support.  Things can't be TWO things.  

You just seem to get a big kick out of telling everyone that C&A should go downstairs and row while those who can afford a suite should be steering the ship 

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

52 minutes ago, Andy C said:

The admins on CC have absolutely deleted several of my posts as they relate to pinnacles and my exposing what they get away with in the SL/CK. In my most recent live review from Harmony they deleted several posts. I am glad this censorship is being discussed. 

I know I am not the only one who applauds the CC mods for giving you some warning points for your unsubstantiated bashings here and spin doctoring. You better stay put and change to more intelligent postings. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

I know I am not the only one who applauds the CC mods for giving you some warning points for your unsubstantiated bashings here and spin doctoring. You better stay put and change to more intelligent postings. 

+1 ^.  😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Service in the Diamond Lounge on the Rhapsody last evening was excellent. The bar was set up in the overflow area.

We were seated at a table for two in the other area of the dining room. That was more important today (50th wedding anniversary) than sitting with other Diamond plus friends. 

The invitation for the Meet and Mingle arrived after the event was over. Won’t ruin the cruise but disappointing. 

Still in port at 11:15 AM. 

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I'm just as upset as the rest of the D+ posters, but this move will take money out of the pocket of the concierge in the CL.

Oh wow...hadn't thought of that!  And the drink waiters as well.  But maybe the reason someone posted the service in the DL down on deck six on Rhapsody was good...is because those extra bartenders went down there?  

Seems D+ are the only ones taking it on the chin.  Not sure where the benefit is now to attain D+.  Then it's such a long...long...trip to Pinnie level from there.  

Edited by island lady

6 hours ago, L454S said:

We have talked about this with other D and D+ on recent past sailings. Everyone has opinions about what RCI will do as this monster THEY have created grows larger with each passing day.

This change HAD to come. Fixed # of suite guests each cruise, growing # of D+ each cruise. They are not going to restrict the suite guests.

More changes to come....the number of D and up on our last T/A was HALF the ships passengers...1000!

Maxwell does make a good point, if you are unhappy about these and other changes, take your money elsewhere. We have recently made 2 MSC sailings and recently booked a 29 day Princess for Nov.19.  I like RCI and have more sailings booked, but as the perks dwindle.......so do my bookings.

Recently with all their Diamond Plus benefits diminishing I have started booking already with Holland, MSC, Princess. I have Celebrity Edge booked in April & 5 other RCL cruises booked. Will be on the Grandeur in 3 weeks & if we are asked to leave the Concierge lounge my 5 other bookings will be cancelled & a not so nice letter to Bayley & C&A society. I am a stockholder for many years now & don’t appreciate how RCL is treating their loyalty members & catering to suites. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

D's were upset when they were first kicked out of the CL...now D+ are kicked out. D's have not lost any access to a lounge they were used to being in since the DL's came out.   D+ are the ones that lost a lounge they had access to before this change. 

Crowding?  This issue indeed is getting worse.  Still surprised that RCI did not simply give D's the drink vouchers (only )to use in any bar when that program came out.  Change the DL to "C&A lounge",  for D+ and Pinnacle.  And Suite Lounge (former CL) for Suites only (no Pinnies).  For D's it's not that far to go from 80 points to 175, but it's a very long trip for D+  from 175 to 700. 😮 

IMHO only as a choice...but would eliminate over crowding in the DL.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

I appreciate the personal attack. It means my reviews are having an impact. It’s also the CC way that when you don’t like or agree with what someone contributes (in my case some of my unpleasant experiences) then you attack the credibility of the poster (me) and call them liars. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

In my most recent live review from Harmony they deleted several posts. I am glad this censorship is being discussed. 

Yes, admins have been very busy and doing a good job.

Biker, who wonders what will happen when RCI drops refundable rates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Technically we can since it is not sales or promotion, but we all know what will happen if we do.  I noticed a LOT of the other groups for RCI littering my news feed this morning and the common thread seems to be old topics being bumped up by the same admin who runs many of the pages.  I didn't realize they ran so many pages or what the purpose of that is, but they are just deleting as much as they can about this fiasco and reposting old junk to clog news feeds.  Their C&A rep is AWOL 

As far as I can tell, nothing has been deleted. The thread has simply run its course, so he closed it to further posts.  FB is more linear, with no quoting, so things get repeated again and again and again, pointlessly.  He's not "clogging" anything.  Life goes on.

6 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Loyalty Club for Pins, D+, and D's.  Suite Lounge for suites only.

Loyalty Club (or in my idea "C&A Lounge" 😉 ) for D+ and Pins as the renamed small DLs on ships.  Former CL renamed Suites Lounge for upper suites only.  Drink vouchers for D's to use at any bar.  

The DL crowding will not go away unless everyone takes a hit.  Not just the D+...IMHO.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, admins have been very busy and doing a good job.

Biker, who wonders what will happen when RCI drops refundable rates.

Funny. I believe one of your posts on my live review included profanity and it was removed by the mods - so, yes they did a good job deleting that one. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lr657 said:

We sailed a B2B on Rhapsody from December 1-22. The D+ letter in our stateroom made us aware that we would have access to the DL, and that the "Shall We Dance Lounge" would be open during Happy Hour. The CL would be available only for Suite Guests and Pinnacle members.  Due to the high number of upper tier C&A members, this did not seem unusual to us. What we did get an odd feeling about was that there seemed to be a different type of attitude towards C&A members by some of the ships officers.

For the first time we experienced the enforcement of the rule regarding taking drinks and food out of the lounge. There were crew members posted by the door to lounge during Happy Hour to check that we were not leaving with anything. There were many partially finished beverage glasses that had to be left on the "wall of shame". There were even comments made by some of the crew guarding the door regarding "these C&A members". Not a pleasant feeling when leaving the lounge for dinner! 

The Hotel Director, Antonio Murescu, and Food & Beverage Director, Maurizio Curcio, had recently joined the ship. I am not sure if these new changes have been initiated by the HD. There does not seem to be a high number of upper tier members on the current sailing, so I'm not sure why D+ are still not able to access the CL. 

As C&A members, we just didn't seem to get the same welcoming impression that we normally feel. We will not consider sailing this ship again anytime soon.

We were on this cruise also and we did not feel any negativity towards D or D+ especially from the HD and F&B which I got to know quite well. There were about 900 diamond, diamond plus and Pinnacle members visiting the D Lounge each day. The rule in the lounges has been since day 1,no drinks allowed outside the lounge.....it has never really been enforced but the rule has always been there. Anyone that uses these lounges has known about this rule, I'm not sure what this caused such an issue during the crossing, in fact they started enforcing it the cruise before the crossing that had over 500 D,D+and P in the lounge.

I never understand why anyone needs to take there glass of wine/drink out of the lounge.....use one of your 3 vouchers on your card at any of the bars before you get to the dining room.

Edited by robandana
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Recently with all their Diamond Plus benefits diminishing I have started booking already with Holland, MSC, Princess. I have Celebrity Edge booked in April & 5 other RCL cruises booked. Will be on the Grandeur in 3 weeks & if we are asked to leave the Concierge lounge my 5 other bookings will be cancelled & a not so nice letter to Bayley & C&A society. I am a stockholder for many years now & don’t appreciate how RCL is treating their loyalty members & catering to suites. 

I'm D+ with over 500 points.  I have no problem with RCCL catering to someone paying up to $30,000 to sail in a suite.  Hotels and airlines cater to those that pay more too, as they should. There are a lot more perks staying in a penthouse and flying first class than someone in economy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, but I did it too long ago and I think it's going to expire soon.  I believe I have to cruise with them before it expires, else I cannot do the match again.

I’m in the same situation, Bob.  I have a Christmas 2019 booked but by then, my 3 year status match period will be over.  Not sure what I will do.

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh wow...hadn't thought of that!  And the drink waiters as well.  But maybe the reason someone posted the service in the DL down on deck six on Rhapsody was good...is because those extra bartenders went down there?  

Seems D+ are the only ones taking it on the chin.  Not sure where the benefit is now to attain D+.  Then it's such a long...long...trip to Pinnie level from there.  

I agree totally with you.

Diamond lost CL access just before we made Diamond.

We are D+ now and they are taking CL access from D+.

What is my motivation to get another 450 points to make Pinnacle because they will have reduced or done away with Pinnacle by the time we reached that level?

My answer is a 16 night Princess cruise(Elite loyalty) level and a 7 night P&O( Atlantic loyalty) and only  a 3 night RCCL cruise already booked for next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robandana said:

We were on this cruise also and we did not feel any negativity towards D or D+ especially from the HD and F&B which I got to know quite well. There were about 900 diamond, diamond plus and Pinnacle members visiting the D Lounge each day. The rule in the lounges has since day 1 been no drinks allowed outside the lounge.....it has never really been enforced but the rule has always been there. Anyone how uses these lounges has known about this rule, I'm not sure what this caused such an issue during the crossing, in fact they started enforcing it the cruise before the crossing that had over 500 D,D+and P in the lounge.

I never understand why anyone needs to take there glass of wine/drink out of the lounge.....use one of your 3 vouchers on your card at any of the bars before you get to the dining room.

We were on the cruise prior to the crossing also. We have used the lounges for several years and have never experienced the rule regarding bringing beverages out of either lounge being enforced.  We are also aware that we can use one of our vouchers to obtain a drink outside of the lounge, but it seemed wasteful to leave a partially finished glass of wine on "the wall of shame" and then obtain a new glass of wine to bring to dinner . We spoke with Tony, the HD,  several times during the 21 days we were on Rhapsody and found him to be quite nice to speak with. Despite that, we do feel that being the HD  the directives regarding not bringing drinks out of the lounge and permanently changing the CL to the SL were likely initiated by him. The remarks and negativity came from the crew members policing the door of the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge.

We had late dining during these sailings. Due to the large amount of upper tier  members we found the lounge to remain crowded even after 6:00. We sometimes used our vouchers elsewhere for a more relaxing enviornment.

Edited by lr657

42 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Excellent post.

RC are taking a big risk if they alienate their most loyal customers and your post illustrates this point perfectly.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

D's were upset when they were first kicked out of the CL...now D+ are kicked out. D's have not lost any access to a lounge they were used to being in since the DL's came out.   D+ are the ones that lost a lounge they had access to before this change. 

Crowding?  This issue indeed is getting worse.  Still surprised that RCI did not simply give D's the drink vouchers (only )to use in any bar when that program came out.  Change the DL to "C&A lounge",  for D+ and Pinnacle.  And Suite Lounge (former CL) for Suites only (no Pinnies).  For D's it's not that far to go from 80 points to 175, but it's a very long trip for D+  from 175 to 700. 😮 

IMHO only as a choice...but would eliminate over crowding in the DL.  

This looks like the direction RC are taking especially if sufficient Suite passengers complain loud enough.

No D+ in CL then no Pinnacle's in SL.

The result would have to be an improved loyalty lounge to please D+ plus pinnacles who lose SL Access.

• Like 1

Me. I'm in the DL almost every night. Sometimes from start to finish sometimes for a hour or so. I have no problem holding a seat for my wife because she takes a little longer to get ready than I do. If someone else wants a seat they can get there as early or late as I do.

This speaks volumes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1