ms Nieuw Amsterdam & Nieuw Statendam in PE & Rotterdam in Tampa December 30, 2018

Scrapnana

Lots to see on our last sail-away of 2018! 

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at Pier 21 (starboard to) from 0545-1700.  She is going on a 7-day Eastern Caribbean Holiday cruise.

31266299928_6114354578_z.jpg

Fort Lauderdale, Florida (30 Dec d1600); Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos (01 Jan 0800-1500); San Juan, Puerto Rico (02 Jan 1300-2300); St Thomas, US Virgin Islands (03 Jan 0800-1700); Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (05 Jan 0800-1500); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (06 Jan a0700)

Nieuw Statendam will be at Pier 26 (port to - and hidden behind Edge😞) from 0530-1700.  She is doing a 7-day Western Caribbean Holiday cruise.

44420524114_e78344db5c_z.jpg

Fort Lauderdale, Florida (30 Dec d1600); Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (31 Dec 0800-1600); Ocho Rios, Jamaica (02 Jan 0800-1700); George Town, Grand Cayman (03 Jan 0800-1600); Cozumel, Mexico (04 Jan 1100-2300); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (06 Jan a0700)

Also in port are Adventure OTS at pier 29 from 0430-1730, Carnival Conquest at pier 4 from 0400-1600, Celebrity Edge at pier 25 from 0600-1600, Harmony OTS at pier 18 from 0515-1630, Island Princess at pier 19 from 0445-1630, and Regal Princess at pier 2 from 0500-1600.  The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Rotterdam will be in Tampa from  0700-1600 heading out on a 7-day Western Caribbean Holiday cruise.  She is the only ship in port.  The PTZtv webcam is at https://www.porttampawebcam.com/ .

45193380584_4b2158994c_z.jpg

Tampa, Florida (30 Dec d1600); Key West, Florida (31 Dec 1100-1800); Trujillo, Honduras (02 Jan 0800-1700); Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala (03 Jan 0700-1700); Costa Maya, Mexico (04 Jan 0800-1700); Tampa, Florida (06 Jan a0700) 

Eurodam will be leaving from San Diego at 1700 for a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise.  She is the only ship in port. http://sundiegolive.com/

For the Addicts:  Rotterdam will be in Key West on Monday 31 December from 1100-1800. https://www.keywestharborwebcam.com/

Next up:  Prinsendam, Veendam, and Koningsdam on Friday, 4 January. 

I want to really thank Jacqui (kazu) for volunteering to take over the sail-away threads while I am cruising. 

Happy New Year to all of the addicts!!!

• Thanks 1

The Nieuws both have their pilots now but the Rotterdam is stopped outside the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.  Looks like another foggy day in Tampa.  (And it looks like yesterday's RCI ships may still be at the dock)

Roy

Was going to watch our friends arrive in Tampa on the Rotterdam but, as Roy said, they are still at anchor offshore.  The Carnival Miracle is also anchored.  The Norwegian Pearl is finally headed for the bridge...  Gonna be a fun day in Tampa...

2 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

Was going to watch our friends arrive in Tampa on the Rotterdam but, as Roy said, they are still at anchor offshore.  The Carnival Miracle is also anchored.  The Norwegian Pearl is finally headed for the bridge...  Gonna be a fun day in Tampa...

Tampa had a lot of fog yesterday -- looks like it is going to be the same thing today.

I was just on the RCI forum.  It sounds like the Brilliance and Rhapsody OTS will not be allowed to leave until 10AM and there may only be one way traffic it Tampa Bay.  Rotterdam may not get in until almost departure time.

Roy

Weird day in Tampa.  Camera shows fog and there is a ship at the terminal but is not shown on AIS on Marine Tracker.  Rotterdam still at anchor along with Carnival.  Norwegian Pearl still underway but NOT headed to TPA yet...  It is going to be interesting at the airport with so many passengers missing flights...

53 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was just on the RCI forum.  It sounds like the Brilliance and Rhapsody OTS will not be allowed to leave until 10AM and there may only be one way traffic it Tampa Bay.  Rotterdam may not get in until almost departure time.

Roy

Brilliance and Rhapsody are still in Tampa from Yesterday?  I do see on Marine Tracker Rotterdam and Miracle at anchor.

Where I live in St Petersburg, there is currently no fog, so hopefully it will clear soon.  It does create multiple problems.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

WOW!  That's a shame for all of those sailing to/from Tampa.

Thanks Roy for the update.

Kathi, thanks for the reminder.  I'll do my best to fill your very large shoes 😉 

13 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

I want to really thank Jacqui (kazu) for volunteering to take over the sail-away threads while I am cruising. 

Just a quick "Thank you" to Scrapnana and now Kazu for the threads. I have been at quite a few recent sail-aways (and a very few sail-ins) but don't post as it takes me too long and I'm not an experienced cruiser to know much of what's going on - but I'm learning from all of you.

• Thanks 1