SetSail Pass

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It didn’t bother me.  It’s at the beginning of the cruise, there’s nothing in the room and like others have said the staff look at the photo when the card is swiped.

What’s someone going to do, grab your card, rush down to buy a drink or something from the shops then rush the card back up and return it.  If the cards missing then a simple trip to guest services will fix the issue.  Yes that would be a PITA but the odds of someone taking a card are very small.  If they were going to take it they would take it whether the envelope was sealed or not.

Yup.

It does seem that the "old way" of providing you with the Seapass card in the port terminal is the ideal method, but this allows for mass production of the cards and distributed delivery. The day will come when the card is replaced with a fully-digital solution, such as a phone "card"...with plastic being a "as needed" choice.

Still...you're right about there not needing to be much concern at this point.

1 hour ago, damosen said:

Hello!

I bought the soda package on  my cruise planner. I should have the coke logo in it? 

I imagine that i don't have to wait until 1pm to have my first soda. They scan the code bar?

My set sail passes both say RR on the side, for Royal Refreshment. Does yours say anything to the right of the barcode?

I am glad to finally be able to post in this forum again after the SQL problems.

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The day will come when the card is replaced with a fully-digital solution, such as a phone "card"...with plastic being a "as needed" choice.

I can't wait for that.

Also, I really wish they would add the ability to add the mobile SetSail Passes to Apple Wallet, like the airlines allow you to do with boarding passes. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is lack of attention to detail. I would prefer the envelope be sealed. And I am sure others would too. If they are not going to seal it then why bother with the envelope? They could just leave the card my the door.

Agree. And there is just something neat about the agent handing you your Seapass cards and telling you to have a great cruise. 

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. And there is just something neat about the agent handing you your Seapass cards and telling you to have a great cruise. 

Totally agree.  It's a nice feeling to slip that sea pass card into my pocket before I board.  🙂 

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  It's a nice feeling to slip that sea pass card into my pocket before I board.  🙂 

And I agree with you both!

On 12/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Here is a slightly different version of the Set Sail Pass that you may see 

20A34ECB-0C12-4C04-B71B-10CDC8413818.jpeg

Does this meant Liberty of the Seas will have the Seapass Card on the door of your Cabin?

Another question,   does the sealed envelope has your name on it?    There are chances that someone go to the wrong cabin unintentionally and open the envelope and access your cabin or worst walking around with mistook seapass card (unknowingly) and use it to pay around the ship.

Edited by StrikeEagle

3 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

Does this meant Liberty of the Seas will have the Seapass Card on the door of your Cabin?

Another question,   does the sealed envelope has your name on it?    There are chances that someone go to the wrong cabin unintentionally and open the envelope and access your cabin.

Hmmm, I don't remember for sure. But either way I can imagine many people being so excited about arriving for their cruise that they would not even take the time to notice if the name, if it is there, actually matches their own.

6 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

Another question,   does the sealed envelope has your name on it?    There are chances that someone go to the wrong cabin unintentionally and open the envelope and access your cabin or worst walking around with mistook seapass card (unknowingly) and use it to pay around the ship.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmmm, I don't remember for sure. But either way I can imagine many people being so excited about arriving for their cruise that they would not even take the time to notice if the name, if it is there, actually matches their own.

Yes, all names of the guests in the cabin are listed on the front of the envelope. 

I said it once and and I’ll say it again, this has been in place since 2014 on some ships. I have not read a single report of a problem, and I am a member of several cruise groups/sites across social media. There is really no need to worry.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

I wish i knew, but last time i sailed out of Galveston they were still giving sea pass cards at check in.

I will have a definitive answer very soon!!

6 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Yes, all names of the guests in the cabin are listed on the front of the envelope. 

I said it once and and I’ll say it again, this has been in place since 2014 on some ships. I have not read a single report of a problem, and I am a member of several cruise groups/sites across social media. There is really no need to worry.  

Did I say some place that their was a need to worry? In fact I think I sated somewhere above that after my first experience with this method it has become a non-issue.

EDIT: post #71 explains my position on the matter.

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did I say some place that their was a need to worry? In fact I think I sated somewhere above that after my first experience with this method it has become a non-issue.

EDIT: post #71 explains my position on the matter.

You did not specifically say that, no. I was just making a general statement, because there seems to be way too much concern in this thread about a system that works. Your post was quoted in relation to whether or not names are on the envelopes, and you brought up the issue of someone opening the wrong envelope out of excitement. Sorry if I mistook that as a worry. 

2 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

and you brought up the issue of someone opening the wrong envelope out of excitement. Sorry if I mistook that as a worry. 

No problem. The point of my post was that I don't think it really matters if your name is on the envelope or not. Many people would probably not bother to read it anyway. That is probably why I have no idea if my name was on it or not!😁

Maybe ship will get a system in place for eye scans to replace the sea pass card.

"What do you mean bartender??!!...my eye scan does not work to order my Pina Colada?  Oh...is it that my eyes are blood shot from the first couple of them and now can't be read?"  :classic_blink:🍹

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Maybe ship will get a system in place for eye scans to replace the sea pass card.

"What do you mean bartender??!!...my eye scan does not work to order my Pina Colada?  Oh...is it that my eyes are blood shot from the first couple of them and now can't be read?"  :classic_blink:🍹

:classic_biggrin:...If that's the case I'll be forced to give the bartender the stink eye. 👁️

Edited by davekathy

21 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Yup.

It does seem that the "old way" of providing you with the Seapass card in the port terminal is the ideal method, but this allows for mass production of the cards and distributed delivery. The day will come when the card is replaced with a fully-digital solution, such as a phone "card"...with plastic being a "as needed" choice.

Still...you're right about there not needing to be much concern at this point.

They did do mass production of the cards.  Our cards were already printed and in a box.

But instead of one location, and handing them out as people show up, they have to distribute them to several people, to go around and put them on the doors.

Seems like more work to me.

13 minutes ago, SRF said:

They did do mass production of the cards.  Our cards were already printed and in a box.

But instead of one location, and handing them out as people show up, they have to distribute them to several people, to go around and put them on the doors.

With the new terminal design there is no place for them at check in as there are no desks.  Literally for check in you barely stop walking from the time you enter the terminal to when you are in the waiting lounge or on the ship as long as your paperwork is in order.  Waiting for cards would create a huge bottleneck much like the chain reaction that you get when one person taps their brakes in heavy traffic.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SRF said:

More work also means more cost and more opportunity for error.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI, and other lines, would not have gone to this process if it didn't mean cost savings.

Oh really...they don't make poor decisions from time to time?

Wanna bet?  Let's talk about the fine cost and plans for onboard flexible dining...a huge bust. Enough said.

10 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Oh really...they don't make poor decisions from time to time?

Wanna bet?  Let's talk about the fine cost and plans for onboard flexible dining...a huge bust. Enough said.

They've had 5 years to back out of this process - one has to assume it is working and are not going to change course like they did with Dynamic Dining.