SetSail Pass

8 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

Have not cruised on Royal in a few years and am going on a cruise in a few weeks. I see that the SetSail passes now how the muster stations listed on them. When did they start doing this?

It depends on the ship.  Some ships have had a different format set sail pass with muster stations on them for years.  Other ships have just recently started with a new format set sail pass that shows the muster station.

If your muster station is listed on your set sail pass  then you will not get your seapass at check in.  Your seapass will be on your cabin door and you will get it at 1:00 when the rooms are ready.  Between the time you board and the time you get your seapass you can use your set sail pass for on board purchases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If your muster station is listed on your set sail pass  then you will not get your seapass at check in.  Your seapass will be on your cabin door and you will get it at 1:00 when the rooms are ready.  Between the time you board and the time you get your seapass you can use your set sail pass for on board purchases.

So then it looks like the Jewel is starting to do that now as that is the ship we will be on. I wonder how long the Jewel has been doing it?

Edited by broadwaycam

9 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

So then it looks like the Jewel is starting to do that now as that is the ship we will be on. I wonder how long the Jewel has been doing it?

She was not doing it last month when we sailed the transatlantic.

I’ve never been on a cruise when you don’t get your Set Sail pass at check in.  How do you find out your table number so you can locate it in the MDR before 1pm?    And, although we’ve never had a problem getting our internet code at check in, if there’s a problem, would we have to wait in line at Guest Services?   

Have not been on a ship that does not give sea pass card at check in yet.  Until that happens, and I am able to quote from experience...I won't know for sure, but I am not feeling good about that change.  Your cabin door is open to all until you get there.  😮 

Really...not sure why it is so hard to give out the sea pass cards at check in?  They are already printed up and sitting in a box behind check in counter.  Now with this change...they have to go cabin to cabin to put those cards out.  And what if some think it is funny to grab your card before you get to your cabin?  

Edited by island lady

40 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I’ve never been on a cruise when you don’t get your Set Sail pass at check in.  How do you find out your table number so you can locate it in the MDR before 1pm?    And, although we’ve never had a problem getting our internet code at check in, if there’s a problem, would we have to wait in line at Guest Services?   

There should be someone at the restaurant when you board making reservation or

changes as to seating. He or she will have your table info.

23 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Sorry, I’m confused. Never sailed Royal before. What’s the difference between the Sea Lass and the Set Sail pass?

The photo shows a Setsail pass.   You will get a plastic (*credit card sized) Seapass card for getting on and off the ship, getting into your room and making purchases while on board. 

set.png

Edited by boscobeans

Just now, mamaofami said:

Thanks. Why didn’t I get that when I did online booking?

You will (or should) get one after you have completed your online CHECK IN, and you are about 60-40 days from your sail date....

As you get closer to the 40 days you will also be able to print your luggage tags.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Have not been on a ship that does not give sea pass card at check in yet.  Until that happens, and I am able to quote from experience...I won't know for sure, but I am not feeling good about that change.  Your cabin door is open to all until you get there.  😮 

Really...not sure why it is so hard to give out the sea pass cards at check in?  They are already printed up and sitting in a box behind check in counter.  Now with this change...they have to go cabin to cabin to put those cards out.  And what if some think it is funny to grab your card before you get to your cabin?  

This check-in process was first introduced on Royal in 2014 with the debut of Quantum. I personally have not read of one single issue. The SeaPass cards are in a sealed envelope, so you would know if someone was trying to tamper with or get in your room. 

It's nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

This check-in process was first introduced on Royal in 2014 with the debut of Quantum. I personally have not read of one single issue. The SeaPass cards are in a sealed envelope, so you would know if someone was trying to tamper with or get in your room. 

It's nothing to worry about. 

OK...thanks.  Will have to wait and see if I like that process, but will miss having that sea pass card in hand upon boarding.  Isn't that a ship that has the wrist bands?  

Lots of changes happening lately.  

Edited by island lady

Just now, island lady said:

OK...thanks.  Will have to wait and see if I like that process, but will miss having that sea pass card in hand upon boarding.  Lots of changes happening lately.  

Make sure you keep your Setsail pass handy. Until you get your Seapass CARD they will scan your PAPER pass at bars in place of the plastic card. 

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Make sure you keep your Setsail pass handy. Until you get your Seapass CARD they will scan your PAPER pass at bars in place of the plastic card. 

Thanks...still have not been on a ship that has that yet.  Even Oasis this month had not implemented that.  

6 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

You can also use your mobile SetSail Pass. Giving your cabin number also seemed to be sufficient on my recent Mariner cruise. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

They are already printed up and sitting in a box behind check in counter.  Now with this change...they have to go cabin to cabin to put those cards out.  

That's one of the points of the new system, the cards are NOT sitting at the check in counter - they are on the ship already - I assume there's some savings on logistics this way.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's one of the points of the new system, the cards are NOT sitting at the check in counter - they are on the ship already - I assume there's some savings on logistics this way.

That's what I meant.  In the old (and still in some ports current) process, the cards are already printed and there in a box to quickly grab by check in staff to give to you.  One person places the box there.  With the new system, someone has to go around to each cabin to place each card in each cabin.    

Not sure why this is logistically better...but guess I missing something here?  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's what I meant.  In the old (and still in some ports current) process, the cards are already printed and there in a box to quickly grab by check in staff to give to you.  One person places the box there.  With the new system, someone has to go around to each cabin to place each card in each cabin.    

Not sure why this is logistically better...but guess I missing something here?  

The new Terminal A doesn't even have check in counters. Just agents standing with iPads. Very quick.