SetSail Pass

29 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

Appears to be another  inconstancy in RCI implementation of new procedures. Prior to our departure on Enchantment a week ago Friday I had to make a change to my online booking. After I completed it the new SetSail Pass showed up and I needed to print one for me and one for DW. Both were required to enter the Terminal at Port Canaveral.

At least for our sailing on the Anthem on Feb. 03 out of Cape Liberty EACH passenger needs their own Setsail pass to get on the ship.

2 hours ago, boscobeans said:

This is the one I printed when it became available from the Royal Caribbean website for our Feb. 03 cruise on the ANTHEM of the SEAS...

**** AN INTERESTING POINT!!  The printed Setsail pass I posted is exactly the SAME as the one I JUST printed from my completed check-in page.   ****

We are sailing Anthem on January 26th and that is not the format of our set sail passes.  Ours looks similar to the other picture in this thread.  The picture you posted looks like the set sail passes we printed for our other three Anthem sailings though.

29 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are sailing Anthem on January 26th and that is not the format of our set sail passes.  Ours looks similar to the other picture in this thread.  The picture you posted looks like the set sail passes we printed for our other three Anthem sailings though.

Like I said, I printed up the same format just two hours ago from the completed check in page.  Maybe things will be different in February ????????

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Like I said, I printed up the same format just two hours ago from the completed check in page.  Maybe things will be different in February ????????

I believe you, like I said, that is the format we have had for our other Anthem cruises, it is not the format that I have for our upcoming January Anthem cruise.  I am sure both formats will work.  When we sailed Oasis in September, people on the rollcall had three different formats for that one sailing. 

16 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

The new style Set Sail passes are being used for Adventure, along with mobile Set Sail passes and biometric security. I'm looking forward to the much more streamlined system at the port. Adventure has Seapass cards at your room as well. 

I board Adventure on Saturday and did not download our pictures.  When are they taken if they don’t give us a card at check in where they usually take it?

6 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I board Adventure on Saturday and did not download our pictures.  When are they taken if they don’t give us a card at check in where they usually take it?

They would be taken at check-in if you didn't upload a photo or the uploaded photo was not usable.

6 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

They take it when you check in...they had to replace take one of ours last week and they just used their iPad to take the new picture.  Very easy.

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. 

We had one of those 1/2 page set sail passes...one for each of us...but still received our sea pass card at the check in counter on Oasis last month.  Or maybe that was just because they knew we were Royal DS?  :classic_smile:

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😉 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

They would be taken at check-in if you didn't upload a photo or the uploaded photo was not usable.

Which as you know... is no big deal to have it taken at check in....about a minute at the most per pax.  I always look happier when the photo is taken

at check in.  😄 

Edited by island lady

On 12/31/2018 at 9:33 AM, boscobeans said:

I am sure that if  you get to your room and the passes are not there those cards would be instantly shut down and the person who attempts to use one may wind up off the ship or worse.

This.

Plus the fact that when they swipe a card, the picture of the holder of that card pops up.  So if they do not match, it is likely they will question the use of that card.

And has been stated, the cards are in a SEALED envelope.  So if you were to arrive at your room, and the envelope was not sealed, then you should report it immediately.

And finally, if rooms are available at 1PM, and an announcement made, how many people head right to their room?  So limiting the time that someone could do anything with the Sea Pass cards they stole.

9 minutes ago, SamCharl said:

Now that the muster station is being printed on the sea pass, is there a listing of locations for the muster stations?  Would be nice to look it up in advance. 

No listing of muster stations.

The only reason the muster station is printed on the SetSail pass is because you are on the ship for maybe a couple of hours without a SeaPass card.  If there is a need to go to muster stations before you see the map on the inside of your stateroom door, the crew will direct you.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Which as you know... is no big deal to have it taken at check in....about a minute at the most per pax.  I always look happier when the photo is taken

at check in.  😄 

Now that's funny but all so true. :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We had one of those 1/2 page set sail passes...one for each of us...but still received our sea pass card at the check in counter on Oasis last month.  Or maybe that was just because they knew we were Royal DS?  :classic_smile:

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😉 

Of course that's the only reason. 🏆

Edited by davekathy

17 minutes ago, damosen said:

Hello!

I bought the soda package on  my cruise planner. I should have the coke logo in it? 

I imagine that i don't have to wait until 1pm to have my first soda. They scan the code bar?

Yes they just scan the barcode on your setsailpass for a coke.

On 12/30/2018 at 9:40 AM, island lady said:

Have not been on a ship that does not give sea pass card at check in yet.  Until that happens, and I am able to quote from experience...I won't know for sure, but I am not feeling good about that change.  Your cabin door is open to all until you get there.  😮 

Really...not sure why it is so hard to give out the sea pass cards at check in?  They are already printed up and sitting in a box behind check in counter.  Now with this change...they have to go cabin to cabin to put those cards out.  And what if some think it is funny to grab your card before you get to your cabin?  

I was concerned about this until the first time I experienced it. The envelope with your seapass in it is tamper proof. It is like a small FedEx package. If anyone used it to enter your cabin you would know. Of course if it was tampered with in any way you would have to take the time to go to guest services to get things taken care of.

With all the cameras in the passageway someone would be crazy to attempt anything with the cards.

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was concerned about this until the first time I experienced it. The envelope with your seapass in it is tamper proof. It is like a small FedEx package. If anyone used it to enter your cabin you would know. Of course if it was tampered with in any way you would have to take the time to go to guest services to get things taken care of.

With all the cameras in the passageway someone would be crazy to attempt anything with the cards.

Last week on Allure those tamper proof envelopes weren’t sealed. (At least they weren’t for our 2 cabins)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is unacceptable and concerning.

It didn’t bother me.  It’s at the beginning of the cruise, there’s nothing in the room and like others have said the staff look at the photo when the card is swiped.

What’s someone going to do, grab your card, rush down to buy a drink or something from the shops then rush the card back up and return it.  If the cards missing then a simple trip to guest services will fix the issue.  Yes that would be a PITA but the odds of someone taking a card are very small.  If they were going to take it they would take it whether the envelope was sealed or not.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It didn’t bother me.  It’s at the beginning of the cruise, there’s nothing in the room and like others have said the staff look at the photo when the card is swiped.

What’s someone going to do, grab your card, rush down to buy a drink or something from the shops then rush the card back up and return it.  If the cards missing then a simple trip to guest services will fix the issue.  Yes that would be a PITA but the odds of someone taking a card are very small.  If they were going to take it they would take it whether the envelope was sealed or not.

It is lack of attention to detail. I would prefer the envelope be sealed. And I am sure others would too. If they are not going to seal it then why bother with the envelope? They could just leave the card my the door.