Less posters on the Royal Caribbean forum?

I am wondering if there are fewer people here on the Royal forum than in the past. Back in 2013 when I did a Panama Canal cruise live report it had over 100,000 views. Last month I did the same cruise report and got 20,000 views. Fewer people? Or maybe less interest in live reports? Or maybe they just don't like me. :classic_love:

I think it has to do with the lack of the app. Using this site is somewhat of a nuisance now. Maybe I’ll learn it in time, but the app was much easier. I still haven’t figured out how to find the reviews that I selected to follow. I’ll get to it eventually, but I don’t enjoy this as much as the app. 

• Like 4

I still enjoy your reviews!  Are you doing one for Symphony?  We loved your one back in 2013.  My wife and I are planning Panama for our 10th year anniversary we hope.  We'll be joining you on the symphony in a couple weeks.

Edited by billb1981

7 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

I am wondering if there are fewer people here on the Royal forum than in the past. Back in 2013 when I did a Panama Canal cruise live report it had over 100,000 views. Last month I did the same cruise report and got 20,000 views. Fewer people? Or maybe less interest in live reports? Or maybe they just don't like me. :classic_love:

I think  the loss of the app with the last update and the major change in user interface has had a lot to do with the traffic drop.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, billb1981 said:

I still enjoy your reviews!  Are you doing one for Symphony?  We loved your one back in 2013.  My wife and I are planning it for our 10th year anniversary we hope.  We'll be joining you on the symphony in a couple weeks.

I am now that I can sort of use Tapatalk again. But if I have to do the continual logging in I may post less frequently each day. 

13 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Same for me on my two last reviews. Over 100,000 in August and 20,000 in October. Just less people around here. 

I might do one on Allure in three weeks, and if the numbers are low again that might just be it for me and live reviews. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

I have not followed along on a live review since the website "upgrade" and I don't intend to unless they bring back the app. Instead I will check on the website a couple of times a week to read what interests me or ask a question I need help with. 

Edited by The Sunset Glow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Same for me on my two last reviews. Over 100,000 in August and 20,000 in October. Just less people around here. 

I might do one on Allure in three weeks, and if the numbers are low again that might just be it for me and live reviews. 

Bill & Andrew,

I, for one, very much enjoy your reviews. Keep them coming 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Since they took away the app I am only on here a couple of times a week. With the app I would check in at least twice per day on phone or iPad.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

For sure   CC lost a LOT of posters after the last update

I agree with both of these reasons. I’’ve been a member of CC for almost 19 years😱 and the last couple months have been the least amount of time I’ve spent on the boards in a very long time. I find the new boards slow and difficult to use, and without an app I spend less and less time here. It’s kind of sad...I feel like they made too many changes, and I don’t understand getting rid of the app. I think that was a mistake in today’s social media world.

Edited by Cindy
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

I'd suggest some over zealous moderation, which there is quite a lot of, will also have accounted for the loss of some posters.

While I sometimes don't agree with moderation decisions that have been made I don't think the moderation on Cruise Critic is overzealous. I think moderation is a feature that attracts people to Cruise Critic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I'm guessing there are a lot more LIVE reviews now than in 2013, so maybe the novelty/interest is waning in them.

Dan

Live reviews were not really possible until the last few years until Voom and Unlimited Internet packages became available. I do think that the change in software has dragged the participation down. I think that if the boards stabilize, the log in issues are fixed and both Tapatalk and the custom app come back that participation will turn up. Those who have dropped participation will  check the boards out again when they book their next cruise. Hopefully when they check the boards agian they won't be frustrated.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

that might just be it for me and live reviews. 

Exactly why I didn't bother with Allure a few weeks back.

I want to do a live on Ovation's first Alaska sailing, however I really want the Forum's app back.

Without the app, I may not bother... really too bad for CC and all the members

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

Back in 2013 when I did a Panama Canal cruise live report it had over 100,000 views. Last month I did the same cruise report and got 20,000 views.

Bill... my French Polynesia last year review on the Oceania forum reached the top 25 viewed threads in that forum's history... good luck finding it now with the "new CC" search tool 😠. Why go through the hours/days of effort that reviews take only to have them buried and unsearchable? Plus personally I used to check in to CC everyday... the new platform has become an "intervention" for me personally... I lurk maybe once every 2-3 days now.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Exactly why I didn't bother with Allure a few weeks back.

I want to do a live on Ovation's first Alaska sailing, however I really want the Forum's app back.

Without the app, I may not bother... really too bad for CC and all the members

Bill... my French Polynesia last year review on the Oceania forum reached the top 25 viewed threads in that forum's history... good luck finding it now with the "new CC" search tool 😠. Why go through the hours/days of effort that reviews take only to have them buried and unsearchable? Plus personally I used to check in to CC everyday... the new platform has become an "intervention" for me personally... I lurk maybe once every 2-3 days now.

I agree Hoopster.  I am looking forward to the App return.  I might add, with no visable/available signature readers can’t even see links to my past reviews.  

I might go live later this month or in March.  If it has the same lower following, that’s it for a while. I know the readers here appreciate it, but when the numbers have dropped substantially and in all honesty why would one want to invest their time while on holidays. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cindy said:

I agree with both of these reasons. I’’ve been a member of CC for almost 19 years😱 and the last couple months have been the least amount of time I’ve spent on the boards in a very long time. I find the new boards slow and difficult to use, and without an app I spend less and less time here. It’s kind of sad...I feel like they made too many changes, and I don’t understand getting rid of the app. I think that was a mistake in today’s social media world.

I keep reading these statements about losing the app and all the changes.  Could you or other posters be specific, please.  I’m not seeing significant changes.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I think  the loss of the app with the last update and the major change in user interface has had a lot to do with the traffic drop.

Totally agree!  The website is too difficult to access now.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

App does not apply to me but the constant changes drive me to drink.  I have not enjoyed CC for the past year following the first change.  Used to go on every time I had a few spare minutes and it always took me to the LAST post I had been on.  Now I can't even find somesone's review I was trying to follow that was quite interesting.  It saddens me as I enjoyed reading and posting.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, iuki said:

I keep reading these statements about losing the app and all the changes.  Could you or other posters be specific, please.  I’m not seeing significant changes.

Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing. While I only registered a month before the website upgrade, I was an unregistered "lurker" since 2009. Maybe b/c I was not a power user like others so I didn't know all the tricks and tools to manage content but I honestly have no issue using this website. When it's up and running.  It's been almost 2 1/2 months so you think people should be getting the hang of it.

People being busy during the holiday season could have something to do with the lower traffic. Let's see if it returns to normal during the winter/spring/wave seasons.

Never used the Tapatalk app but I'm sure it had to be easy than accessing this site thru a cell phone. That is a bit clunky.

Edited by HBE4

Personally, I use it less for a different reason.  I always stick to the first page of threads; always have.  The new format spaces out the text so much that about half as many threads show up on the first page.  Some days I go to the 2nd page, maybe the 3rd, but that's about it.  I come here every day, but read and post less because there is less catching my attention.

• Like 1