Not sure what is the best

Tntt

I am trying to purchase our travel insurance. I dont really want to go through royal because it is expensive. I went on insuremytrip.com and square mouth and there is a ton of policies. I honestly want the cheapest policy but I want to make sure we are properly covered. I dont know which one to choose, the cheapest policy is travelguard but I'm just not sure if it is a good policy. Does anyone have any suggestions on inexpensive plans for a 4 nt cruise?

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2441-qa-cruise-insurance-w-steve-dasseos-of-the-tripinsurancestorecom/

how much is you health worth if you get sick or injured out of the Country ?

Another very happy long time customer of the Trip Insurance Store...Call Steve or one of his associates and get all the info you need from a professional that will help you decide on the policy best suited for you. You don't need to try and figure this out by looking at a website...best to personally speak to someone that knows what their talking about.

(888) 407-3854

There are so many variables.

How old?  Any known health issues?

Where will you be?  How far from US?

Do you have any health insurance?  Will it cover you outside the US?

Do you really want to cover not being able to go, or just the medical/med evac issues?

These all work into the decision.  Cheaper will tend to be lower coverage limits and will be secondary to any other insurance.

I do not cover the cost of the cruise, as I had paid this, and if I miss it, I will be unhappy, but not hit financially.  But just covering the other things, it costs me $32 per trip.

You need to know what it is that you NEED.  How old are you?  Any "health" issues?  

If you can afford to lose the money you've spent on your vacation, you may not need to insure the cost of the trip.  If you have health issues, you probably need  medical/evacuation insurance.

There are many different things you can insure.  Do you need them all?  It depends!  When we were young and healthy, and could afford vacations with no disruption to our finances...we did NO insurance!    As we've aged, and hubby now has medical issues, we want to make sure that we're covered.  We can afford to lose the cost of the trip...but can we afford medical evacuation from a foreign country?  Don't want to...that's for sure.

So...see what different coverages you might need...and buy accordingly.

Even if you are in good health, accidents do happen.  So medical insurance and med evac is a very good thing.

And a lot of younger people do not have regular checkups, so they think they are in good health, but may not be that good.

On January 17, 2019 at 9:49 PM, Tntt said:

I am trying to purchase our travel insurance. I dont really want to go through royal because it is expensive. I went on insuremytrip.com and square mouth and there is a ton of policies. I honestly want the cheapest policy but I want to make sure we are properly covered. I dont know which one to choose, the cheapest policy is travelguard but I'm just not sure if it is a good policy. Does anyone have any suggestions on inexpensive plans for a 4 nt cruise?

Our TA gives FREE basic insurance.We are not allowed to post the name of our TA's here,unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Tntt said:

So what does it mean when the policy states it is secondary?

Secondary insurance simply means that any Primary insurance you have that covers the same claim must pay first, and only then does Secondary kick in to cover any additional that the primary does not pay for; it's very common to end up with multiple potential insurance policies covering your claim e.g. Credit Cards giving various degrees of insurance on things you have bought for a certain time period, home policies covering stuff you own even if you're traveling with it, vehicle policies covering both you and your stuff while in the car, and health policies that may have full or reduced coverage for out of country expenses.

I agree with above posts that first & foremost you need to know what your risks are that you want coverage for, secondly check what you actually already have in terms of insurance (odds are your homeowner/renters insurance has Stuff coverage so things that get stolen may not need any additional cover, and if you have private health coverage it might be valid abroad too), and thirdly speak to someone who specializes in travel insurance as to what you can get that will top you up to a level you are comfortable with!