Has anyone walked from Terminal 18 to Terminal 25 at Port Everglades.

Bocabeach

We will be disembarking Harmony of the Seas in terminal 18 in April and immediately embarking Celebrity Edge in terminal 25. From Google maps, it’s about 0.7 mile and takes about 14 mins. We only have carryon luggages. I have not checked with either RCCL or Celebrity for transfers in between terminals. I’m aware that taxi or Uber/Lyft is always an option. I would appreciate any advice.

21 minutes ago, Bocabeach said:

We will be disembarking Harmony of the Seas in terminal 18 in April and immediately embarking Celebrity Edge in terminal 25. From Google maps, it’s about 0.7 mile and takes about 14 mins. We only have carryon luggages. I have not checked with either RCCL or Celebrity for transfers in between terminals. I’m aware that taxi or Uber/Lyft is always an option. I would appreciate any advice.

You would be walking in the street most of the way. No sidewalks

Actually there is or maybe was a shotcut that passes by behind terminal 19 and the big parking garage on a small street going to some short term parking that ends directly at terminals 25/26. If you have little luggage and are in very good shape not a problem to walk. With more luggage better not.

16 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Just take a taxi. Get in the taxi first, then tell them where you are going 🙂

Good idea, if you tell them where you want to go, they might want to take you. They want the high ticket items as the airport, they make more money and they have a good shot of getting a fare heading back to a terminal.

Check with the port to see if they offer bus service between ships. This service is provided in Miami.  No one on my first ship knew about it and I only learned about the service when I tried walking and a traffic officer stopped me. Hope you are so lucky. 

4Suzyq: I’ll enquire the Port of Everglades about the bus service between ships.Thank you.

bilyclub: Thank you for showing us the pedestrian path between ships. We looked up Google Earth and it did show the sidewalks. As I said above, we have light carryons and lots of time before embarkation. 

Thank you all for taking your precious time to answer my question. I did a bit more research and this is what I found. There is indeed a crew shuttle that will take passengers between terminals as 4Suzyq mentioned above (a courtesy to passengers). I will need to contact a concierge at HOTS when we’re about to disembark. While I’m on HOTS, I’ll enquire exactly when the crew shuttle leaves. Many had used it very smoothly but one couple passenger from HOTS (terminal 18) missed it and were directed to a different shuttle (must be one that passengers paid for airport transfers) that dropped passengers off at each terminal at the FLL airport before looping back and dropping them off at Freedom (terminal 29). It’s not the end of the world but it could have been a 5-minute ride instead of an hour. I’ll report back how I’ll transfer between terminals. 

On 1/25/2019 at 4:04 PM, Bocabeach said:

we were on the edge new years then the harmony the following week.  have done this a couple of times before with other celebrity ships.  one year we found a great porter who walked us through a garage to the RC terminal to the Allure   Since we travel heavy, was really a long walk and I do not recommend it.  Another year, Celebrity arranged to have us go on their airport bus, without charge, we went to drop all passengers off, then the driver dropped us off at the RC terminal. Since we were got off the ship early, a good way to spend time.  Great bus driver.  In both cases we gave a generous tip.  this year, we opted for a cab.  actually the worst.  For some reason the taxi line was extremely long   When we got a cab, the not nice driver took us to the wrong spot and we had to drag our luggage to the proper spot.  not easy woth three large suitcases and two carry ons.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

Our concern is that the Majesty will be leaving from 18 but returning to either 28 or 29 because Harmony will be in port that day.  We like to park our car at the returning ship location after dropping off the luggage at the departing location.  With Princess, they have shuttles that go between the ship locations if the ship returns to a different location.  Does Royal Caribbean offer a shuttle?

Royal did a shuttle between Adventure  29, and Harmony 18, yesterday. There is a shuttle between 29 and the mid port garage.  I think that garage serves 25.  So, does Royal do a shuttle from 18 to the mid port garage?

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Royal did a shuttle between Adventure  29, and Harmony 18, yesterday. There is a shuttle between 29 and the mid port garage.  I think that garage serves 25.  So, does Royal do a shuttle from 18 to the mid port garage?

I'd be surprised because 18 has it's own parking lot.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:30 AM, Cruise a holic said:

we were on the edge new years then the harmony the following week.  have done this a couple of times before with other celebrity ships.  one year we found a great porter who walked us through a garage to the RC terminal to the Allure   Since we travel heavy, was really a long walk and I do not recommend it.  Another year, Celebrity arranged to have us go on their airport bus, without charge, we went to drop all passengers off, then the driver dropped us off at the RC terminal. Since we were got off the ship early, a good way to spend time.  Great bus driver.  In both cases we gave a generous tip.  this year, we opted for a cab.  actually the worst.  For some reason the taxi line was extremely long   When we got a cab, the not nice driver took us to the wrong spot and we had to drag our luggage to the proper spot.  not easy woth three large suitcases and two carry ons.  

That’s why I’m concerned about getting into a cab as the fare is not much compared to the fare to the airport or further away. They could drop me at the wrong port, requiring me to walk. We will be lucky getting on the direct crew shuttle bus and don’t mind using the ship’s airport bus. 

On 1/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, bilyclub said:

If you zoom in on the satellite pic, there are sidewalks on 19th and Eller Dr.   There are even some marked crosswalks too.

Sure, but if you stay on the sidewalks, the route is 1 mile vs .7

1 mile walk lugging luggage vs a $10 ride? No thanks

12 minutes ago, Bocabeach said:

That’s why I’m concerned about getting into a cab as the fare is not much compared to the fare to the airport or further away. They could drop me at the wrong port, requiring me to walk. We will be lucky getting on the direct crew shuttle bus and don’t mind using the ship’s airport bus. 

You tell the driver they will be tipped appropriately and you'll have no problem. Won't be their first rodeo

Edited by cruisinfanatic

28 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Sure, but if you stay on the sidewalks, the route is 1 mile vs .7

1 mile walk lugging luggage vs a $10 ride? No thanks

You would be walking in the street most of the way. No sidewalks

Just providing the OP with actual facts so they can make their own informed decision when the time comes.

Edited by bilyclub

I did exactly this last week.  Got off Harmony Terminal 18 and went to Edge Terminal 25.  I was in a suite on both ships so our suite concierge on Harmony went to Guest Services on board and arranged it.  A Celebrity van picked us up and took us over.  I do not think this is just a service for suite guests.  Just go to Guest Services.  There might be others on your ship also doing this.