Elite evening drinks

ptater

28 minutes ago, ptater said:

If I am elite and my roommate is not does the roommate still get the complimentary drinks also.  We have always had coupons, not loaded on sea pass.  Thanks

Not if the ship you are cruising on loads the three CC HH drinks on your Seapass card. 

Edited by davekathy

Your cabinmate will be able to have unlimited drinks with you at the Location of the Elite evening cocktail party between 5-7.  Enjoy.

Celebrity has eliminated the paper coupons and now loads drinks on your sea Pass card for enjoyment at other bars.  (Non elite members not included)

Edited by jagoffee

13 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Your cabinmate will be able to have unlimited drinks with you at the Location of the Elite evening cocktail party between 5-7.  Enjoy.

Celebrity has eliminated the paper coupons and now loads drinks on your sea Pass card for enjoyment at other bars.  (Non elite members not included)

The OPs roommate isn't Elite. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

The OPs roommate isn't Elite. 

Yes, that is why their cabinmate can enjoy free drinks at the Elite cocktail party, but not at other bars with their card.

i guess I should have clarified with (non elite cabins mate not included in the free drinks at other bars)

Sorry for the potential confusion.

10 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, that is why their cabinmate can enjoy free drinks at the Elite cocktail party, but not at other bars with their card.

i guess I should have clarified with (non elite cabins mate not included in the free drinks at other bars)

Sorry for the potential confusion.

No. If the ship the OP is cruising on loads the three CC HH drinks on the OPs Seapass the OP is the only one that will get the drinks in the lounge during the CC HHs. Beings the OPs roommate isn't Elite the roommate will not receive any free drinks. The OP and non elite friend can go to most any other  bar and the OP can share her/his three nightly CC HH drinks (not to exceed three) with the non-elite roommate. 

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No. If the ship the OP is cruising on loads the three CC HH drinks on the OPs Seapass the OP is the only one that will get the drinks in the lounge during the CC HHs. Beings the OPs roommate isn't Elite the roommate will not receive any free drinks. The OP and non elite friend can go to most any other  bar and the OP can share her/his three nightly CC HH drinks (not to exceed three) with the non-elite roommate. 

Nope, their has been a further improvement to the Elite drink program as reported by several people.

I can confirm as I am currently on the Silhouette.  There are unlimited drinks in the Sky Lounge for Elite and above (and non elites in the same cabin) and three drinks loaded on the sea pass card to enjoy the same inventory at other bars.

Obviously I cannot say with 100 % certainty for the other ships, but the same thing was reported from some of the other ships.

42 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

does anyone here know if that is the same when cruising on Royal?  Can my non elite roommate (if me/wife/daugter share a room...daughter not elite) use the lounge?

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Nope, their has been a further improvement to the Elite drink program as reported by several people.

I can confirm as I am currently on the Silhouette.  There are unlimited drinks in the Sky Lounge for Elite and above (and non elites in the same cabin) and three drinks loaded on the sea pass card to enjoy the same inventory at other bars.

Obviously I cannot say with 100 % certainty for the other ships, but the same thing was reported from some of the other ships.

Ok based on that  both of our posts are correct. The change hasn't been confirmed fleetwide. Consistently inconsistent is the norm. This is why posters should post the name of the ship as then the answers can be more specific to that ship and not what some of us experienced on different ships. Our last experience on the Infinity was only the three CC HH drinks no matter (most bars) where you elected to have them. 

Edited by davekathy

24 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

does anyone here know if that is the same when cruising on Royal?  Can my non elite roommate (if me/wife/daugter share a room...daughter not elite) use the lounge?

Diamond on RC. Yes. Does your daughter live with you?  If your daughter is not Diamond contact the C&A desk (1-800-526-9723) and request they link her to you and your wife. She will receive her own C&A numbers like you and your wife. Same with Celebrity. Contact the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654)  so she gets linked to you as Elite if she lives with you. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We purchased to Go Best, but are Elite plus members.  Will we have three free drinks on our card that we can give away?

You will each still have the three CC HH drinks loaded on your Seapass card each evening (except the first evening) that you can do as you choose. 

Edited by davekathy

11 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We purchased to Go Best, but are Elite plus members.  Will we have three free drinks on our card that we can give away?

Again, Davekathy and I have a different interpretation of the program.  But I will admit that I have never tried to transfer my the vouchers to someone else. Perhaps DaveKathy has.   It clearly state on the Silhouette rules that  they are not transferable.

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You will each still have the three CC HH drinks loaded on your Seapass card each evening (except the first evening) that you can do as you choose. 

image.jpg

31 minutes ago, davekathy said:

One of the reasons they changed from coupons to loading on the sea pass was to eliminate the coupons being given to non-elite members by elites who had the drink package and didn't need the coupons.  Things increase the cost to X and ultimately to all of us.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Our last experience on the Infinity was only the three CC HH drinks no matter (most bars) where you elected to have them. 

That is correct, but if you go to the Elite Lounge they do not swipe your card at least they didn’t on their NewYears cruise on Infinity.

Edited by If only

Trust me, based on history, every ship has different elite drink procedures.....and perhaps hours.  I was the one who posted (what I was told....that it was a fleetwide permanent change) about the elite hours being extended from 4:30 to 7:30 and good in all the dining rooms)....and as far as I can tell from more recent posts, it turned out that change was only on the reflection and perhaps only on our TransAtlantic. 

Your best and only chance at knowing what will happen on your cruise in advance is to find someone who is on a very recent cruise on the same ship.  

Edited by ghstudio

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Again, Davekathy and I have a different interpretation of the program.  But I will admit that I have never tried to transfer my the vouchers to someone else. Perhaps DaveKathy has.   It clearly state on the Silhouette rules that  they are not transferable.

image.jpg

We are coming over to celebrity from Royal. We are Elite. First cruises are in January on Reflection. Am I reading the post correctly? The Captains Club is not open the day we board and the 3 drinks are not loaded for day 1 either?

Thanks 

Dee

2 minutes ago, Chip and Dale said:

We are coming over to celebrity from Royal. We are Elite. First cruises are in January on Reflection. Am I reading the post correctly? The Captains Club is not open the day we board and the 3 drinks are not loaded for day 1 either?

Thanks 

Dee

That's correct. 

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

image.jpg

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

One of the reasons they changed from coupons to loading on the sea pass was to eliminate the coupons being given to non-elite members by elites who had the drink package and didn't need the coupons.  Things increase the cost to X and ultimately to all of us.

I never said anything about transferring. Not even possible. I'm aware of what out Elite letter says but noting stopping you from getting a drink using one or all three drinks that are loaded on your Seapass card in another bar (not the CC HH lounge) and handing it over to a non-Elite friend(s). I have no experience doing this. 

2 hours ago, If only said:

That is correct, but if you go to the Elite Lounge they do not swipe your card at least they didn’t on their NewYears cruise on Infinity.

They did swipe our cards no matter where we ordered our CC HH drinks on our September 2018 Infinity cruise in the Constellation lounge and the other bars. Obviously the change is inconsistent from ship to ship and sailing to sailing even from our B2B March/April 2018 Equinox cruise. Different experiences , different answers equals no wrong answers.  

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Trust me, based on history, every ship has different elite drink procedures.....and perhaps hours.  I was the one who posted (what I was told....that it was a fleetwide permanent change) about the elite hours being extended from 4:30 to 7:30 and good in all the dining rooms)....and as far as I can tell from more recent posts, it turned out that change was only on the reflection and perhaps only on our TransAtlantic. 

Your best and only chance at knowing what will happen on your cruise in advance is to find someone who is on a very recent cruise on the same ship.  

Agree. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's correct. 

Yikes.  We’re used to Royal. Lounges are open the entire cruise and there are 3 drinks on your card daily from the first day. 

Not a deal breaker yet. We have the classic pkg with our cruises so fingers crossed the variety is good. 

Thanks for the info

Dee