Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

54 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe saving that for Icon, or the RCI bean counters did the math and can't justify the space for that.

Hard to say.  It just surprises me they took the time and money to completely redesign the space on SPECTRUM then reverted back to the original Quantum Class design for ODYSSEY.  I know its not because the feature is only popular in Asia, as the ship within a ship concept is alive and thriving on many ships and lines that serve North America.  It would be interesting to go behind the scenes in the Royal offices and hear the decision process.  

While SPECTRUM still has a spa and fitness center, it's not as large nor in as prominent of a location.  So spa revenue may be the reason why, but then on the latest major refurbishments of the Voyager/Freedom class the spa has been vastly reduced in size and replaced with cabins/suites, and the fitness center moved aft away from the spa.  So that goes against that theory.  

• 2 weeks later...

For me a big notable change is Playmakers in the SeaPlex.  An indoor bar with a view.  Granted  Two70° has an indoor bar with a view but the addition of PM is a Quantum shift for Odyssey.  (Pardon the pun).  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, twangster said:

For me a big notable change is Playmakers in the SeaPlex.  An indoor bar with a view.  Granted  Two70° has an indoor bar with a view but the addition of PM is a Quantum shift for Odyssey.  (Pardon the pun).  

There’s be a lack of drinking holes with a view since they abandoned Viking crown lounge.

Hope they consider the same with ovation during dry dock because it’s a wasted space.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, Biker19 said:
On 10/24/2019 at 10:34 AM, Lloyd555 said:

Playmakers in the SeaPlex.  I get it

That is quite different from "regular" Q class - I suppose all these changes do warrant the Q+ designation. The teenagers who hang out on the level will be dissapointed to lose some space.

This 55 yo guy is also disappointed.  Although  I understand why Royal did it.

No money to be made by people just hanging out.