Oasis of the seas next Broadway show?

tx121

Now that Oasis is heading soon into dry dock for its amplified revitalization and upgrades, will this also mean a change for the broadway show? The last time the ship went in to dry dock they swapped Hairspray for Cats. The Allure switched the show From Chicago to Mama Mia. Will they change the show again? I am hoping they do since we have a cruise booked on the Oasis after the revitalization and didn’t care for Cats on our last sailing. 

I hope they don’t put a show they already have in the fleet like they did with Grease on two ships

What show would you want to see or think will be a good addition to Oasis?Personally I would love to see Wicked but that’s probably very unlikely. I think Gloria Estefan’s “On your feet” Broadway show would be a great show since it is very upbeat, great dancing and fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them put Mama Mia 2 Here We Go Again on a ship.  I recall a comment by Nick Weir about how popular Mama Mia is.

We were on the Allure in October and the question was brought up in regards to the Allure in 2020, at the Captain and staff Q&A meeting on a sea day. The cruise director reiterated how popular Mamma Mia was, and though the discussion is in it's very infancy stage, the talk of keeping it was brought up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

We were on the Allure in October and the question was brought up in regards to the Allure in 2020, at the Captain and staff Q&A meeting on a sea day. The cruise director reiterated how popular Mamma Mia was, and though the discussion is in it's very infancy stage, the talk of keeping it was brought up.

I can see that happening. 

I can't imagine them putting in Mama Mia 2 on a cruise ship.  The problem with a sequel is that you really need to have seen the first one to have a good understanding of the story so you would be alienating a chunk of potential audience.

1 minute ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I can't imagine them putting in Mama Mia 2 on a cruise ship.  The problem with a sequel is that you really need to have seen the first one to have a good understanding of the story so you would be alienating a chunk of potential audience.

Couldn’t be worse than trying to follow the plot for Cats.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Why is the plot so important to people....OMG it is just a musical!😱

4 minutes ago, Eriksgarden said:

Have seen Chicago, Cats, and Grease on ships.  Would prefer one of Royal's original shows.  They have been better on the ships.

Seriously? You feel the RCI singers and dancers shows are better?😲

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them put Mama Mia 2 Here We Go Again on a ship.  I recall a comment by Nick Weir about how popular Mama Mia is.

Mamma Mia 2 is not a stage show, it's a film. The original Mamma Mia was a stage show which was adapted into a film. I highly doubt they will do the reverse.

Edited by Bobal

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

Mamma Mia 2 is not a stage show, it's a film. The original Mamma Mia was a stage show which was adapted into a film. I highly doubt they will do the reverse.

That's what I was thinking.  Mamma Mia 2 and also Greatest Showman mentioned, although both great movie musicals, they are not yet stage musicals.  Not sure Royal would get the right to create their own version?  I would think they would select an actual Broadway show.

24 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

John, you are slipping back into old habits!

Ken egged me on.

Besides, I said I would not post anymore in the Galleries. 

Two weeks until my last opportunity to see them.  

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you really want to sit through "Invitation to Dance" again?

Anything would be better than the Headliner show on Oasis this week. The audience started leaving before the group got to the second stanza of their first song:classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1