Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Agreed - we should all just send negative comments directly to Princess !!

and no more nice guy with those stupid comment cards, now will only use for negative things that need to be changed !  and remove all auto gratuities, too - that will show Princess to step up, huh ?:classic_rolleyes:

Agreed.  No more nice guy for you!  You have the right mindset.  :classic_biggrin:   Now that’s being pro active with your dissatisfaction with Princess.

You will certainly get the attention of Princess.   :classic_rolleyes: 

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

. I stand by my previous view on how minor in the scheme of things removing a chair seems to be.

Removing a chair may be minor for a person who does not sit on it or has a good back, with no pain.  In my case, my back can not take sitting on a bed.  I go on a cruise to relax, not to have very bad back pain resulting from sitting on a bed.  I don't want to have to lay down on the bed instead of sitting in a chair.

I wonder if Ms. Jan S. only sits on a bed all the time.  And yes, I already sent a E-mail to Princess.

I was on Royal in Dec.2018.  There was only one chair in the cabin.  I did ask for another one, and did receive it.  On my Jan. 2019 Regal cruise we had two chairs and the table.  So, no problem there.  I have another Regal cruise booked for March and did request two chairs in the cabin.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

So where is room service going to be set down now without the little glass-topped table?  On the bed?  The desk is full of other things like cell phones, computer, camera charging, make-up, etc. and isn't very wide anyway even if you cleared everything off of the desk.  The room service tray would easily topple over.

And when you're eating in your room, where is the other person supposed to sit?  On the bed holding a plate?  Ridiculous IMO.

Princess, bring back the barrel chair and the glass table!!

We still had the little table in our cabin. 

One of us sat on the bed with our meal. 

I actually had breakfast IN bed a few mornings.    

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Not really a rant but concern because Princess is posting photos and cabin descriptions of what you get but that is apparently no longer true?  Removing furniture that we used from staterooms and not being forthcoming in their advertising is classic bait and switch.   Maybe people do not mind being lied to by a corporation but we do!

I do understand the other cruisers who are not happy about this new change.  When you are 30 plus days on cruises then we need and prefer some cabin time and I am not going to spend the whole time in the cabin laying on a bed.

We are booked on several long cruises plus part of a world cruise and supposedly have a cabin with a couch which also is apparently not true anymore on the Pacific Princess.  

We have cruised Princess for a long time and always found them to be very accommodating and customer centered.  I get the sense this may be changing and if they do not want to do business in a honest way then I am sure Oceania, Holland, Cunard, etc. and many other cruise lines are very happy to receive our money and we will get the type of cabin comfort we desire.

IMHO it would be much better if Princess were forthcoming and  just let everyone know what is going on instead of having it ooze out on CC!!

These are our issues and we are contacting them to get clarity and understanding and are not complaining to be just complaining which is my understanding of what a rant is?

Thank you.  You make a very good point.  We typically book our cruises 18+ months ahead.  On our last cruise aboard the Emerald, 32 days from Vancouver, LA, Hawaii, Tahiti then return to LA we had a B4 premium aft corner balcony.  These are very large.  They used to be furnished with two recliners and ottomans, 2 straight back chairs and a large table.  The latest configuration was simply two partial recliners and a very small table barely able to support two drinks.  Why should I pay for a premium balcony with so little functionality?

Had we known in advance we would have switched to a standard balcony.  We are now considering forgoing our balcony on this falls trans-atlantic and simply taking an Interior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

So, if you are not a happy camper with Princess, what are you going to do about it?  Write corporate and voice your displeasure ?   Or?

King

The Folks at Princess also review these boards for comments etc. Writing or calling Princess maybe a good suggestion. Usually, when we enter our cabin we present the steward with a list of items that will make our cruise more enjoyable. An additional chair etc. will be on our list. Having booked three future cruises with Princess (because of the itinerary) I don't see any cancellations to another cruise line just for spite. Maybe we will need to pack a folding camping chair and a snack table.  P.S. I did my basic at Ft Campbell, KY (Home of the Screaming Eagles)

All the best.

Edited by kjg46

23 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Removing auto gratuities would only unfairly punish those who work their butts off to serve you and make you comfortable.  They are not the ones who decided to remove the tables and chairs from your room.  

I believe the comment you are referring to was meant to be facetious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

So where is room service going to be set down now without the little glass-topped table?  On the bed?  The desk is full of other things like cell phones, computer, camera charging, make-up, etc. and isn't very wide anyway even if you cleared everything off of the desk.  The room service tray would easily topple over.

And when you're eating in your room, where is the other person supposed to sit?  On the bed holding a plate?  Ridiculous IMO.

Princess, bring back the barrel chair and the glass table!!

I guess they figure the corner where the TV used to be, will work.

While we’re talking about bad Princess cutbacks, throw in the loss of HH BOGO +$1. That is the one we miss the most. Many complained directly to Princess and got the same “blowoff” form letter vaguely promising better things to come. But they never came as we suspected. Of course the discussion included those who didn’t miss/want the BOGO Just as some don’t care about a chair. Come on folks support each other and things may change. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gwhitti said:

While we’re talking about bad Princess cutbacks, throw in the loss of HH BOGO +$1. That is the one we miss the most. Many complained directly to Princess and got the same “blowoff” form letter vaguely promising better things to come. But they never came as we suspected. Of course the discussion included those who didn’t miss/want the BOGO Just as some don’t care about a chair. Come on folks support each other and things may change. 

Well said.  I forgot about that take-away since the last two cruises have included "sip and sail".

7 hours ago, villauk said:

Love having the couch, that’s not the problem. The new IV cabins on Edge are a none starter. For one, it’s more like an oceanview with a drop-down window than a proper balcony. Once the window is open, it shuts off the air conditioning and pax are complaining about the heat and humidity in the cabin. Secondly, the captain has full control over whether the window is permanently closed e.g. if it’s windy or raining, you are unable to open the window at all. Furthermore, the area is far too small for the furniture, so pax are complaining that they cannot move the seating to actually fit in the area i.e. the chairs are not fully in the section where the flooring is different (and that’s exactly what it is: a long thin cabin with some differently flooring at one end and a window). There is also not enough room for a proper table, just a Tom Tom tray top. I could continue, but I think you get the drift.

And apparently, you can’t just fit these IV cabins to current ships - the whole structure has to be a certain type from conception (hence the current X Revolution of the M and S class ships not having the new type of balconies - thank goodness :classic_smile:).

Oh, and have you seen the pricing :classic_ohmy::classic_ohmy:!

From the comments I’ve read, the Infinite Verandas are great in theory but the reality falls short of expectations. Unfortunately, the majority of “real” balcony cabins are suites — beautiful, but with an eye-popping price tag to match!😳

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gwhitti said:

Well said.  I forgot about that take-away since the last two cruises have included "sip and sail".

3 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Please let everyone here know what response you receive from Princess.  And if you were able to effect change.  Looking forward to responses from others here who send their concerns to Princess.

Wishing you and others who write Princess, the best of luck.

Send email to Jan Swartz and the following day a rep from her office called and explained that "this is on a trial basis and Princess will review all feedback and make a final decision":classic_huh:.  Would be interested in what reps have told others who emailed or called with their concern with this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gwhitti said:

So, in what way are you supporting  the cause?  Did you, like many, complain directly to Princess to voice your displeasure with the changes?   Are you willing to stand up and be counted on to leave Princess and cruise with another cruise line?

Wishing you the best at being pro active to effect change.

King

9 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

Send email to Jan Swartz and the following day a rep from her office called and explained that "this is on a trial basis and Princess will review all feedback and make a final decision":classic_huh:.  Would be interested in what reps have told others who emailed or called with their concern with this.

Good for you!   👍👍 

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

and no more nice guy with those stupid comment cards, now will only use for negative things that need to be changed !  and remove all auto gratuities, too - that will show Princess to step up, huh ?:classic_rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't distinguish if this was sarcasm or do you intend to punish the crew for decisions made by headquarters? 

12 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

So, in what way are you supporting  the cause?  Did you, like many, complain directly to Princess to voice your displeasure with the changes?   Are you willing to stand up and be counted on to leave Princess and cruise with another cruise line?

Wishing you the best at being pro active to effect change.

King

YES. I was one of the letter writers and I shared my letter on CC and asked for support. 

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Sorry I couldn't distinguish if this was sarcasm or do you intend to punish the crew for decisions made by headquarters? 

tongue in cheek to the max - have NEVER removed auto-grats ...at least not yet ...:classic_cool:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Not really a rant but concern because Princess is posting photos and cabin descriptions of what you get but that is apparently no longer true?  Removing furniture that we used from staterooms and not being forthcoming in their advertising is classic bait and switch.   Maybe people do not mind being lied to by a corporation but we do!

Out of curiosity I just revisited the Princess site and checked out Regal's cabin photos. It appears the new photos do not feature the barrel chair nor the table. In addition, there looks like there are new chairs on the balcony that seem to not have the ability to recline. The diagrams, however, have not been updated and still do include the chair and table.

1920491407_ScreenShot2019-02-09at5_03_05PM.thumb.png.f0b995d274e5ac54af138cd815b2c262.png

Funny ... Princess spends a boatload of $$$ on a fleet of new flat screen TVs and On Demand programming ... then they take away the seating pax would use to enjoy the inve$tment

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Out of curiosity I just revisited the Princess site and checked out Regal's cabin photos. It appears the new photos do not feature the barrel chair nor the table. In addition, there looks like there are new chairs on the balcony that seem to not have the ability to recline. The diagrams, however, have not been updated and still do include the chair and table.

1920491407_ScreenShot2019-02-09at5_03_05PM.thumb.png.f0b995d274e5ac54af138cd815b2c262.png

Good photo.  Reason why there are no reclining chairs is that on the Royal class the balcony is too narrow for them.  Hence my statement of "largest number of useless balconies on the sea".

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gwhitti said:

YES. I was one of the letter writers and I shared my letter on CC and asked for support. 

Good for you.! 👍👍 I am interested in hearing  if  Princess responds positively to the missing chair and table complaint/concern,  and will return the chair and table back to the stateroom.

Will you and others move on to another cruise line if Princess doe not respond to your liking?

Wishing you good luck in your quest to effect change.

King