Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

4 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Perhaps a better option:  the standard in balconys and below would not have the chair (which seems to be Princess' direction) ... but a new category could be available, with a limited number of such cabins with chairs.  And the chair would be part of the description.  Princess  could call these cabins Chair Class ... unless that would be confused with Club Class.  Maybe Princess could even bundle other stuff with the chair (similar to Club Class but with different offerings) and $ell Chair Class for more $$$).

Just trying to help Princess enhance their revenue stream 

I would be ok to upgrade to a balcony for a SOFA!   But not for a chair.   I find it ridiculous to have to go up to a mini suite to get a mini sofa.   Nevertheless...I still liked my other offer - an indoor sanctuary with a comfortable mini sofa or recliner or even a poofy arm chair.   I'd pay $500 for a week for a private indoor area with poofy chair, a small table, ipad holder would be a bonus.   Serenity steward optional...but a nearby bar and munchies plus nearby bathroom would be helpful.    That way, they can have their revenue, tiny cabins and I can get my sofa at a reasonable cost.

1 hour ago, southerngoose said:

I find it ridiculous to have to go up to a mini suite to get a mini sofa.  

I've had a mini-sofa (i.e., love seat) in an Owners Suite on the Royal Princess but in most, if not all, of the mini-suites we've been in (including the Ruby last summer and the Crown in December) we've had a 3 cushion sofa.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, PrincessLuver said:

They often use the term "for your safety" when they make unannounced changes to cabins. 

When they took foot stools and loungers off the balconies it was "for passenger safety."

More room for what?  To do yoga?

We take 20 and 30 days cruises and there can be periods of time, because of bad weather, that balconies and other outdoor areas are not useable.  I hope they have enough places for 3,000 plus passengers to sit in the public area because they removed chairs from their staterooms.  

Princess seems to be getting sneakier and less transparent in all of the cost cutting measures it is doing that IMHO will not enhance my cruise experience on Princess.

They might as well take out the toilet seats so the room stewards have to spend less time cleaning.....everyone knows how to squat I think!!

A bit of a safety issue for me-poor balance. I do use a Rollator for assistance in walking safely, which has a seat that is reasonably comfortable to sit on, just a bit hard to get back onto my feet, but an option for me. I won't be cruising until February 2020, the 3 night out of Sydney in an Inside stateroom. Will be interesting to see the changes from the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite on the Golden Princess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

I've had a mini-sofa (i.e., love seat) in an Owners Suite on the Royal Princess but in most, if not all, of the mini-suites we've been in (including the Ruby last summer and the Crown in December) we've had a 3 cushion sofa.

In Royal-Class ships the Deluxe Balcony cabins have a loveseat size (2 cushions) couch.  That worked great for us whenever the weather wasn’t conducive to spending time on the balcony...a comfortable view of the scenery. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I have a mental picture of all the people waiting at the lifts with the chairs.... LOL

Cheers Don

OMG ...lol I get dirty looks from people because I appear healthy ...make me walk up a flight or two of stairs you will be calling for medics! Imagine if I was dragging a chair behind me......lol Not that I could!

I know you are joking 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

Interestingly I have been looking at Balcony cabin layout of all different ship and not just princess.

A couple of points princess like desks and large wardrobe... which most of the others don't do.

Also it the layout in general.... the desk is bad news.... other lines cupboards and tv with small sofa opposite... the extra length comes from not having a walk in wardrobe but one with doors....

Even in the latest ships,   the Enchanted.......... princess has not change the cabin layout......   It is like they are stuck in their ways....  not maximizing the living area to have a sitting area....   Particularly in these days when the cabin are built in modular format......

So it this part of the Princess Feel ??????    I agree leave the chair and put the table in wardrobe..

I think a small sofa with table would be better than a desk.. ( when do you write letters now a days )  then a nice big TV on the wall.....

Cheers Don

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Interestingly I have been looking at Balcony cabin layout of all different ship and not just princess.

A couple of points princess like desks and large wardrobe... which most of the others don't do.

Also it the layout in general.... the desk is bad news.... other lines cupboards and tv with small sofa opposite... the extra length comes from not having a walk in wardrobe but one with doors....

Even in the latest ships,   the Enchanted.......... princess has not change the cabin layout......   It is like they are stuck in their ways....  not maximizing the living area to have a sitting area....   Particularly in these days when the cabin are built in modular format......

So it this part of the Princess Feel ??????    I agree leave the chair and put the table in wardrobe..

I think a small sofa with table would be better than a desk.. ( when do you write letters now a days )  then a nice big TV on the wall.....

Cheers Don

Agree with you on the desk, not really needed these days and the space could be better utilized.

5 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Cheers Don

5 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

Agree with you on the desk, not really needed these days and the space could be better utilized.

The desk is essential to me. I use it for my computer. I also use it to write notes for myself. I leave essential items on it overnight. I keep the Patter on it. etc.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, socmft said:

Would be nice to read about Princess ADDING amenities instead of taking things away...chair - table - Happy Hour - foot stools - 

Totally agree ...none of the cruise lines are ,  I am elite on Princess and just booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean yesterday! They are all giving us less and less reason to be loyal to one brand! Not a bad thing for us I guess! Good news is I get to go to Cuba! 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

"For safety" ???  Didn't realize the hazardous situation we were in when we put our feet up to relax and watch a sunset or just the passing ocean scene.  Perhaps someone tripped on one which resulted in a lawsuit and the lawyers entered the stateroom furnishing scene and the bean counters panicked.  After 15 Princess cruises we now learn of potential hazards sitting comfortably on our balcony.  Thank you Princess for making us safe.🙄

Seasoned cruisers will notice, but the newbies (the Princess future market) will never know what nice touches they missed.

This is a disappointment.

Edited by ExDean
Grammar
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ExDean said:

Seasoned cruisers will notice, but the newbies (the Princess future market) will never know what nice touches they missed.

They will in 5 years when all the things they like now will be completely gone. And then they will know what you are referring to.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, capriccio said:

Our mini-suites have always had full size (3 cushion) sofas.  

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for the link to the balcony pictures.  Caribe deck balconies on the Crown are about twice the size of the normal balconies.  We will use that space to help make up for the cabin arrangement not having a sofa/loveseat.  At this point, that is about the only cabin we look for on Princess.  If we are going to pay for a suite or mini suite we look at other lines; there are usually some very good options in that price range.

So far have only seen reports of the round chair being removed on the Ruby and the Crown.

We were on the Crown Feb 2019 and the chair and table were there.  We were in a premium balcony and still had the ottomans also on the balcony.  At first I did not think we needed the round chair; however, I used it to set some things on while I was at the desk doing my hair/makeup, like I would set my hair dryer on there afterward, my makeup case, etc.  I would be very unhappy if the desk was not there.  I use it as a makeup/hair station.  As far as that round table, we used it for room service items delivered, such as wine, etc.   Just my opinion.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maggie777 said:

Would love to hear from recent or current passengers how they are enjoying room service without chair or table.

Never even considered room service because no place to sit other than the balcony. We did still have the table though, just no chair. Crown February 5-15, 2019.