Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

1 minute ago, TracieABD said:

I am not happy about this. Does anyone know if they are taking out the aux chair in a mini on the Coral?

I think it's interior and standard balcony cabins only. We did not have a chair in our standard balcony on the Crown last week, but the table was still there. Missed it terribly.
I think mini suites and up are ok. For now.

Just now, TriumphGuy said:

I think it's interior and standard balcony cabins only. We did not have a chair in our standard balcony on the Crown last week, but the table was still there. Missed it terribly.
I think mini suites and up are ok. For now.

Thank you... It will be a long 34 days with just a couch and a desk chair... not that I am complaining (well, too much)- the extra comfy chair would be very nice to have.

This and the many other changes Princess has made over the past few years is causing us to cancel our Princess Alaskan cruise.  It would have been our 30th Princess cruise.  We have 355 days on Princess but I'm afraid we not accrue any more.  We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise with Viking Ocean.

• Like 1

Just now, mreasier said:

This and the many other changes Princess has made over the past few years is causing us to cancel our Princess Alaskan cruise.  It would have been our 30th Princess cruise.  We have 355 days on Princess but I'm afraid we not accrue any more.  We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise with Viking Ocean.

Its nice to let this group know about your decision but I would propose, critical to let Princess know. Not much any of us can do but to share your frustration. 

jswartz@princesscruises.com

Revenue talks!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, maggie777 said:

Has anyone ever experienced Princess reversing a decision? Is anyone in head office listening ( or caring )?

At one time they started charging for Alfredo's but had such an outcry that they reversed that decision.  If enough people contact Jan Swart's office and not the regular customer service dept. they may reverse this decision. 

1 minute ago, Ep010835 said:

Its nice to let this group know about your decision but I would propose, critical to let Princess know. Not much any of us can do but to share your frustration. 

Revenue talks!!

Absolutely agree!  Send correspondence to Jan Swartz.......the more the better.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Revenue talks!!

Done!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

At one time they started charging for Alfredo's but had such an outcry that they reversed that decision.  If enough people contact Jan Swart's office and not the regular customer service dept. they may reverse this decision. 

That change only required a simple notification to the Regal’s staff to eliminate the fee.  When rescinding that policy change they said the fee was eliminated due to a lack of providing advance notice before adding a fee.  That was a financial decision not disclosed to passengers but making physical changes does not require advance notice.

Restoring the table & chairs which are probably somewhere on land or have already been disposed of is different than a quick policy change.  Space on ships is limited & it’s doubtful to me they would store any chairs onboard for anyone requesting one.

Initially when they decided to follow the industry norm by requiring prepayment for tours they didn’t allow using OBC.  They received pushback on that change & eventually modified their policy to use OBC to pay in advance.  That’s another example of a policy change that didn’t require any physical changes such as the removal of tables & chairs.

I’m also upset by the removal of the chairs in balcony & interior cabins and hopefully the effort to have them replaced or at the very least to stop removing them is successful.  However the logistics of this situation is not the same as the simple policy change rescinding the fee for Alfredo’s.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Revenue talks!!

and Done

• Like 1

I received a call from a pleasant lady in corporate customer relations.  She repeated the line that they were removed based on information they received to provide more living space.  She did not say where that info came from.  She did not have a good answer for the problem of room service seating.  She did say that there were limited number of chairs on board which could be requested thru the room steward.  She also said that they were tracking emails on the subject but could not say whether anything would change.  At least they do read them.

7 minutes ago, mreasier said:

I received a call from a pleasant lady in corporate customer relations.  She repeated the line that they were removed based on information they received to provide more living space.  She did not say where that info came from.  She did not have a good answer for the problem of room service seating.  She did say that there were limited number of chairs on board which could be requested thru the room steward.  She also said that they were tracking emails on the subject but could not say whether anything would change.  At least they do read them.

Thanks Wayne...those CSRs have always been pleasant with me when I respectfully disagree with some aspect of my cruise experience.  However they don’t make policy & have the job of being a conduit between passengers & management who make the decisions.

Edited by Astro Flyer

5 hours ago, mreasier said:

Is your cabin on the Viking Ocean cruise in a similar category and at a similar price to a balcony or ocean view cabin on Princess? 

One of the CSRs in the U.K. replied to my email on this subject.  She said the removal of the chair was being trialled on 2 ships but from this thread it is apparent that that is not the case.  She did say she had got her info from Princess USA and that they were monitoring any complaints that were received.  Another case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

3 hours ago, mreasier said:

Did you tell her that if they removed the beds they could save even more space and it would make just about as much sense?

Edited by mnocket

4 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Did you tell her that if they removed the beds they could save even more space and it would make just about as much sense?

Do you really think that making a smart-aleck remark like that is going to do any good at all?  Why give the poor person who has to answer the phone any grief he/she has absolutely no control over the situation at all so why be sarcastic with them?  The only thing that does, besides maybe make you feel better is to make their job more stressful.

Tom

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

The email does not work. Can you check it to be sure it is correct?

The jscwartz@princesscruises.com email addresses does not appear to be functional. Got a bounce back saying it does not exist. 

Edited by TriumphGuy

13 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

Neither the jscwartz@princesscruises.com nor the customerrelations@princesscruises.com email addresses appear to be functional. Got a bounce back on both. They don't want to hear from us. Typical customer service response here in the US these days.

If that’s the email address you’re using for Jan Swartz that’s why it got bounced back because you misspelled her last name...it’s jswartz@princesscruises.com 

9 hours ago, mreasier said:

I received a call from a pleasant lady in corporate customer relations.  She repeated the line that they were removed based on information they received to provide more living space.  She did not say where that info came from.  She did not have a good answer for the problem of room service seating.  She did say that there were limited number of chairs on board which could be requested thru the room steward. 

To me, the chair is part of the living space, just like bed, desk and bed side tables.

We recently did a B2B on the Ruby Princess.  When we arrived in the room there was not a barrel chair.  Tried going a couple of days without the chair; however we found it to be very uncomfortable to watch any movies On Demand or any thing else on TV.  Additionally, sitting on the bad was hard on the back and not pleasant.  After a couple of days we asked our Stateroom Attendant to please see if he could find us a chair (any kind of chair).  He came back later with a barrel chair, one of a handful that was still on board.  He assured us that if we return to any Princess ship in the future, chairs will not be available for any stateroom.  I truly hope that Princess Cruises reconsiders their decision to remove the barrel chair from the staterooms.

Edited by BigTimeCruiser

Well, I'm now booked on two future X cruises. I sure hope I like the line. With the longer cruises I've begun booking, seating is important. And there' s the point that we sail with others a lot. We often meet in the cabin and seating is important while they are waiting.

All lines have cutbacks. Some I can live with, others I can't.

I have just sent a note to the above email. I don't know if it will make a difference, but I have done what little I can do to attempt to get them to rethink this decision.