Coco Cay

ok glad there's finally a thread on Coco Cay's progress.     

So we were scheduled to be on Anthem for last year's Thanksgiving week and I was excited to go somewhere new for us on this itin--Coco Cay.   The RC website at that time showed the dock would be done in October (I believe--at any rate, before Thanksgiving week), and full completion in May 2019.    Decided just before final payment to bail and go on NCL Escape instead as we'd not been on that ship before, but Anthem several times already.

On NCL Escape we went to Great Stirrup Cay that week (which is right next to LSC aka Coco Cay).   We could see that the dock at Coco Cay was nowhere near done.  Mariner otS cruisers were tendering.   

We're scheduled for Anthem Thanksgiving week 2019 and I hope at least the dock is done by then!   I want to have my Perfect Day!  😁 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ken Greco said:

To those cruisers that have been to CoCo Cay recently what is the status of the improvements; going on a cruise in Aug 2019

We were on Mariner this past Nov. with stop at Coco Cay.  The work was ongoing....and it is slow.  Did we still have a great day at Coco Cay -- Yes.  Maybe by August 2019, the new pier will be completed.....or maybe not.  I can say the work did not impact how we enjoyed Coco Cay.  The pier would make it easier to get off and back on the ship and whatever additional activities they are putting there will be added fun.

Can I ask, if the pier is not completed, will the large Oasis class ships not be able to stop there? We are supposed to be visiting in July on Harmony. We have never been before, nor to the Caribbean on a cruise so unsure on how this all works.

Just now, mondas42 said:

Can I ask, if the pier is not completed, will the large Oasis class ships not be able to stop there? We are supposed to be visiting in July on Harmony. We have never been before, nor to the Caribbean on a cruise so unsure on how this all works.

If the dock isn't complete, you will board a tender to the island

4 minutes ago, mondas42 said:

I believe Oasis class ships will skip Coco Cay if the pier is not ready.

Does anyone know if the Bungalows are available (according to the description on the south side of the island)?  We have one rented for May, and after seeing a post where someone had theirs cancelled for this month, I no longer see bungalows available for our cruise.  Could be they are just sold out, or.....

With the 'island time' construction, I'm wondering if they are just going to cancel our booking when we get closer.  

42 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Does anyone know if the Bungalows are available (according to the description on the south side of the island)?  We have one rented for May, and after seeing a post where someone had theirs cancelled for this month, I no longer see bungalows available for our cruise.  Could be they are just sold out, or.....

With the 'island time' construction, I'm wondering if they are just going to cancel our booking when we get closer.  

I doubt they will cancel the booking, instead they would divert to another port. 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I doubt they will cancel the booking, instead they would divert to another port. 

I'm sorry.  My brain is foggy right now, operating on too many hours worked.  I wasn't clear, but meant the bungalow booking on Cococay, not the cruise itself.  :classic_smile:

9 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I'm sorry.  My brain is foggy right now, operating on too many hours worked.  I wasn't clear, but meant the bungalow booking on Cococay, not the cruise itself.  :classic_smile:

No problem.

Assuming the pier is in place for Oasis class ships, then anything purchased that is not ready would be cancelled.  If the pier is not ready, then the entire stop at Coco Cay would be cancelled for Oasis class ships.

• Like 2