Diamond Breakfast

twonpcb

We are diamond but have not cruised for several years and will be boarding Jewel next week.  It seems things have changed since we last were on RCI.  Previously, every morning there was a “Diamond Breakfast” held in a separate room outside the MDR.  Does anyone else remember this?  Does it still exist?

2 minutes ago, dplusd said:

The Diamond Lounge now has a nice continental breakfast spread.  No hot foods are available but it offers a nice and relaxing atmosphere!  Not aware of a Diamond seating area in the MDR anymore.

I could never figure it out.  On Freedom a couple of years ago, Diamond and above could go on the starboard side and everyone else on the port side.  Both sides ordered from the same menu and both sides shared in the same buffet area.   Didn't make much sense to me, but the few times I did go to the Diamond side, service really sucked.  It's like they didn't want you to order from the menu but go up to the buffet.  

5 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I could never figure it out.  On Freedom a couple of years ago, Diamond and above could go on the starboard side and everyone else on the port side.  Both sides ordered from the same menu and both sides shared in the same buffet area.   Didn't make much sense to me, but the few times I did go to the Diamond side, service really sucked.  It's like they didn't want you to order from the menu but go up to the buffet.  

The only difference was free specialty coffee in the DIamond breakfast area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just got off Brilliance and as a previous poster said it was a continental breakfast and did include smoked salmon which is one of my favorite cruise foods. It also had the upscale coffee machine which offered you regular, to espresso, to cappuccino options with no charge. What my husband would normally do is get his specialty coffee and then we'd go to WJ or MDR. 

Breakfast in the MDR for Diamond and Diamond Plus is in the same room as others eat but is usually in the back left side of the room.  If there’s a line, you get to go to the head of the line, usually by entering in the left doors while others wait by the right doors.  I do remember when it was held in a separate room in the front of the MDR.

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

There may be a ship here and there still doing the DIamond breakfast, but it's mostly gone now that most every ship has a Diamond Lounge.

In the past two years I have had diamond breakfast on Explorer and one other - not a separate room but a separate section.  Same menu  but quieter  and less hectic and no huge tables.

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Currently on EN...indeed small continental breakfast spread in both CL and DL, plus D and D+ breakfast area available in MDR (port side with sign at entrance).  Regular entrance on starboard side.  

Thanks for taking the time from all your fun to confirm locations. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Currently on EN...indeed small continental breakfast spread in both CL and DL, plus D and D+ breakfast area available in MDR (port side with sign at entrance).  Regular entrance on starboard side.  

We always have a private hot room service breakfast on our balcony every morning.

Hope you are both having another fantastic cruise.

On both Brilliance and Serenade recently (sister ships of Jewel) they had a diamond, diamond Plus section in the MDR as someone mentioned above.    You could jump the line if there was one, as there was a sign that said Diamond to the left.   It is the same menu however,    They are more willing to sit you as a couple if you do not want to share a table.   The Diamond Lounge and for that matter Concierge Lounge breakfast is continental and not very good but I did get a strong cup of coffee from the Concierge lounge machine each morning and its nice and peaceful up there.

There was a sign in front of the MDR, "Exclusive section for D, D+, and P's, when we were on the Legend, Vision, Voyager, and Ovation.  The waiters and assistant waiters were the same every morning and will almost always remember what you like to order.  Best things: No line, outstanding service and specialty coffee available.  On our most recent Navigator sailings just before the drydock...there was no exclusive section for breakfast.

On Serenade right now and there is a D line to the left of MDR entrance on deck 4.  As someone else posted, seems like they are more willing to sit 2 tops there.  Only difference between mdr and d section is the ability to order specialty coffees are no charge.

So I'm going to admit to my gluttony and say this... 

Yes Windjammer crowds at breakfast are scary --- but I prefer Windjammer for the self service where I can heap several slabs of sausage or bacon on my plate with the fruit and oatmeal my wife makes me eat.

Order bacon from room service and you get one strip, paired with some eggs.  I'm always like seriously?  I assume Main Dining room is the same way...  but maybe we'll try it this sailing.

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

So I'm going to admit to my gluttony and say this... 

Yes Windjammer crowds at breakfast are scary --- but I prefer Windjammer for the self service where I can heap several slabs of sausage or bacon on my plate with the fruit and oatmeal my wife makes me eat.

Order bacon from room service and you get one strip, paired with some eggs.  I'm always like seriously?  I assume Main Dining room is the same way...  but maybe we'll try it this sailing.

Agree with you RCCL Fan, that's why I like the way some of the Vision and Radiance class ships do a hybrid breakfast in the MDR. Not crowded and get what you want, order what you want or mix it up.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:25 PM, davekathy said:

Thanks for taking the time from all your fun to confirm locations. 

You are most welcome.  While Bucky was doing his afternoon "sun lizard" thing with his book, I was checking in on CC.  

Edited by island lady

23 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We always have a private hot room service breakfast on our balcony every morning.

Hope you are both having another fantastic cruise.

Yes, we did...thanks! 🙂   Was just a four night, and have returned home already...laundry going already.  

Have not had good luck with room service meals, and love getting out early anyway, but I know many (including my sister) who love the balcony meals.  

Of course we do love the balcony wine tasting.  😉 🍷🥂

Edited by island lady

Grandeur does the D breakfast in the MDR on the port side lower level every morning.  As far as I know they still do it, but we haven't been on her in 10 months.  We're back onboard in 8 weeks so we'll see then.   Larger ships do not do it.  We've been on Anthem and Oasis in the last 18 months and neither have a D breakfast, other than the typical continental one which GR also has in the DL (CL does too).