EZair reserved seats

Alaska05

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Um. I might have messed up then.  I booked round trip on United SFO to Melbourne then Auckland back to SF0 for 876. It's significantly higher now but if it ever gets back to that, I'll look into the ANZ flight that leaves 3 hours later. When I tried to get seats before ANZ would not let me. But I'll keep checking as my flight is not until November 2019

Great rate & it’s even non-stop...we thought we had a great rate in 2009 but yours is much better.  Ours was 3 flights: LAX/SFO on UA then ANZ to AKL & then to SYD...$550/pp.  And our luggage didn’t arrive for over 2 days from SFO & thankfully we arrived 3 days before cruising back to LA...only one flight required.

Hopefully you’ll eventually be able to make an advance seat reservation. 🤞

Edited by Astro Flyer

When we flew back from London in 2017, it was on Virgin Atlantic. I couldn't choose our seats right after booking. I had to wait until just a few days before we flew back. I was able to do it earlier than otherwise by joining Virgin Atlantic's frequent travel program for free. I was able to choose our seats on Delta for our flights to London right after booking our tickets

23 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

When you book with EZair in economy can you always reserve your seats in advance?  I know some airlines now have a Basic Economy fare on some flights where you can't reserve seats in advance.  It's a cheaper fare.  Just want to make sure Princess doesn't  book in this class.

It depends on the Airlines. 

I’m on Qantas next month to Sydney from San Francisco. In using EZ Air & in order to get advanced seat assignments I had to pay $30 each to confirm my seats. Otherwise you would have to wait until you get to the airport which I wasn’t willing to do. Qantas also requires you to bring proof of seat payment to the airport. Qantas had the best schedule/price so paying for a seat assignment was a minor inconvenience. 

Tom😎

I was able to add my frequent flier number to my EZ air reservation. I then took the EZ PNR and went to the airline website and selected premium seats as I have status with that particular airline. I did check with the airline website before booking via EZ Air and the fare was the same, but at least with EZ Air, the fare was flexible/refundable and I don’t have to pay until sometime in August.

Great price drop if I take a later flight (7:45pm instead of 3:30). Took it as it's the only day in Aukland.  BUT instead of both NS on UAL, return is on NZ. It's not the same confirmation #. Has anyone had success getting Princess to reserve their seat? This is the 1and only cruise I didn't use my PCP

Two weeks ago I had my first experience with EZ Air.  It was very positive on Princess's part but Delta was disappointing.   We booked our flights through Princess 5 months before our cruise, got a great price on Delta and got the seats we wanted at booking.  Other than getting 17 different emails in those 5 months about schedule / time changes that were annoying, when time came to fly, our original departure time was back to where it was in the beginning.  The flight home however was moved back 3.5 hours.  After a cruise, departing FLL at 4:30 PM versus 1:00 PM wasn't great but it was what it was.... and it wasn't Princess's fault. 

The most annoying part of the experience was when we got to the airport and found our seats had been changed. I had chosen an aisle seat in the same row as the window seat my husband was occupying.   I ALWAYS choose an aisle seat.  Well now I was in a window seat several rows behind my husband. Ugh!  Before someone says it, the airplane / equipment was still the same, an Airbus 320.  Nothing could be done.  I was polite (always treat people that way who are just doing their job) and was told the airplane was totally full... and it was! 

This has never happened to me in 40+ years of business travel.  The bottom line is.... just because you book a seat choice, be prepared, that could change. 

Edited by San10s

I will NEVER AGAIN book without using my princess planner! Took 1hr on phone with Princess to get separate Air New Zealand confirmation # then on hold with them to get my seat!

Done

Edited by Ombud

16 hours ago, Ombud said:

Great price drop if I take a later flight (7:45pm instead of 3:30). Took it as it's the only day in Aukland.  BUT instead of both NS on UAL, return is on NZ. It's not the same confirmation #. Has anyone had success getting Princess to reserve their seat? This is the 1and only cruise I didn't use my PCP

Princess doesn't reserve your seat.  They merely pass your request on to the airline.

You should access your booking on the airline website to see if your seat request was accepted.  Make sure you are using the airline locater number, not the Princess EZAir booking number. If not try to reserve seats on the airline website or call the airline direct. Some airlines will let you reserve seats, some will not.  Sometimes helps if you are a frequent flyer with that airline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pamwigs said:

Is there an option to book first class?

We fly from either Anchorage or Seattle to Orlando or Ft Lauderdale. After moving here and the flight on our 28 day cruise, we vowed never to fly coach again because it is so long.

Yes...First, Business, Premium Economy or Economy 

4 minutes ago, pamwigs said:

Is there an option to book first class?

We fly from either Anchorage or Seattle to Orlando or Ft Lauderdale. After moving here and the flight on our 28 day cruise, we vowed never to fly coach again because it is so long.

When I booked my flight from Barcelona to Edmonton, I was able to book business through EZair so I would say yes!

Glenn

On 2/8/2019 at 5:46 AM, Alaskanb said:

Was that a BA transatlantic flight? I've never been able to reserve seats in advance on BA without a steep payment. 

This might not be apples to apples, but I know when using air miles, for example with American Airlines, British Airlines charges a fuel supplement. It is better to avoid British Airlines as a partner when using AA air miles to Europe.

14 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

This might not be apples to apples, but I know when using air miles, for example with American Airlines, British Airlines charges a fuel supplement. It is better to avoid British Airlines as a partner when using AA air miles to Europe.

I agree if flights are available with AA. I look at it this way -- I am paying about $500 to fly business class from El Paso to London Heathrow with only one stop in Dallas. 

Edited by Alaskanb

Just booked United to Fort Lauderdale and American back, although current prices are far more than we expect to pay.  Discount carriers not open yet.

Interestingly both flights show on both airline websites.  Can book United seats on United web site, which shows contact American for their flights.  On American website can see the United seats but can't book the American seats.  Since this is for a B2B might just rebook as two one-way flights.  Have free luggage on both, but only if their credit card is used.  Different cruise lines so no problem doing two one-way flights - no linking of cruise issues.

We have done EZAir several times with Air Canada and had no problem choosing seats ahead of time.  My only complaint was that they charged us our seat selection in US dollars instead of Canadian dollars because Princess booked our flight in US dollars even though we were flying to Toronto then onto Fort Lauderdale.  Bumped our price up by 30% due to exchange rates.