Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

9 hours ago, luv261vaca said:

My family will be traveling on the Summit this summer and it will be our first experience with Celebrity.  We are staying in a regular veranda and our adult children across the hall from us in an inside room.  Would anyone be able to post pictures of these rooms?  Are there bathtubs in the bathrooms or stand alone showers?  Are there grab bars in the showers? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=h3ghBBlA0TU

At the 2:57 mark of this video is a verandah room.  Bathroom looks like a stand up shower. Also pretty sure I see a grab bar on the back wall of the shower. 

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

I just got off the Summit on Concierge balcony.  Facing the bed, the lamp on the left has a couple plugs and also plug ins for chargers.  The one on the right is wall mounted and no outlet, I believe.

Thanks for the information.   Will gave to run an extension cord behind bed.  Will put in special request for one.  At least they don't have to run it from across the room anymore, and tape it down. I will bring small light to put on tableso I can read while hubby sleeps. 

Thanks for posting...looks okay for our 9 days.  We will pack casual and light .It's all about the itin for us.

Resembles a dorm or  mid level  motel...no frills,  although the bathroom looks  very nice and  balc furniture with headrests looks comfy!

Hope  and expect it will be nicer in person...

Are there really big spaces between the bed and nightstands?  Seems odd..

• Like 1

Would separating the beds make them close enough to the nightstands to actually use/reach the nightstands?  The concierge cabins were definitely designed for a sofa.  And the fold up table from amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KYBR1TF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A1EUXC408PR9AX&psc=1 is still a real consideration for me so I can enjoy breakfast on the seat-and-a-half.

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Are there really big spaces between the bed and nightstands?  Seems odd..

I hope someone will answer the question posted earlier: can the nightstands be moved closer to the bed?  (CC class cabins)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Would separating the beds make them close enough to the nightstands to actually use/reach the nightstands?  The concierge cabins were definitely designed for a sofa. 

Watching the video of the balcony room posted...there is a huge amount of space between the bed and nightstands as aomeone else mentioned. 

Since i usually travel with a friend and we separate the beds, the nightstands are moved and go between the beds.  Even with this arrangement,  there still looks to be a lot of space.

And yes, I would need the nightstand closer to the bed, not 12 or 18 inches away. It is weird.  Could the cabin video be skewing the actual spacing? 

Edited by ecslady

3 hours ago, elaineb said:

And sodas as well.  Anything in there is chargeable even with a drink package.

What you can do, if the timing is right and you have a beverage package is take water or soda from the mini bar and replace it before the room is serviced. We've done that when we wanted a bottle of water late at night.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I hope someone will answer the question posted earlier: can the nightstands be moved closer to the bed?  (CC class cabins)

Thanks!

Don't see why not.     They are moved routinely when the king is separated into singles.    I've moved mine before to get tot the electrical outlet behind it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elaineb said:

No coffee table and a small couch.  No footstools on balcony.  Just one low round wooden table.  Others have posted pictures of an inflatable footstools they bought on Amazon.

Seems a crying shame that folks have to bring additional furnishings to fill the need for necessary items.  When for the amount of $ spent on a cruise, you’d think you have everything you need!   

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't see why not.     They are moved routinely when the king is separated into singles.    I've moved mine before to get tot the electrical outlet behind it. 

There appears to be a hanging lamp  over one nightstand  so it needs something  under it  to avoid bumping heads.. maybe the king  bed  and other nightstand can  be moved down that way..so awkward

Hoping  there is not a big space after all.. maybe someone on board can let us know it is a non issue...

But it is hard to believe people were paid to design, furnish and set up these rooms!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

I don't think the designer has ever been on a ship, or even a hotel.  

Her only thought was "let's make the cabins look larger and prettier"...

We EXPECT cruise cabins to be small, we NEED them to be functional.  And that includes comfortable, useful furniture, lots of storage space, and bathrooms that can hold all our stuff.

Like they always have been until now.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Doctor G said:

My Sky Suite on the Edge had a shower curtain.

After all the complaints over the years about the ‘sticky’ shower curtains and they have them on a brand new ship in a suite 🤔?

39 minutes ago, villauk said:

After all the complaints over the years about the ‘sticky’ shower curtains and they have them on a brand new ship in a suite 🤔?

Suite showers are often bigger so the sticky problem might not be one.

One thing I noticed from the room video above is in the bathroom, the shelves to hold your cosmetics do not have that little railing around the edges - what were they thinking?  Every pitch and roll of the ship and your stuff is going to be on the floor.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, elaineb said:

Just off the 3/24 Summit, and yes.  We fit 4 rather large pieces with no issues.

14 hours ago, elaineb said:

And sodas as well.  Anything in there is chargeable even with a drink package.

We are on the Summit in September in Concierge cabin.  Were there still foot stools on the veranda?  Also, is there a night stand on each side of the bed?  Is the Oceanview Cafe set up now in an open area like the S class ships or still one long circle? 

Thanks!  Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just stayed in CC. Moved nightstnds next to bed easily. Needed access to device plugged into nightstand (only 1 CC nightstand had plugs i think).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Our curtain in the sky suite had the goal of stopping the floor on the floor.  In all reality it did nothing.   10 towels every shower to sop up the mess. 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:49 PM, texswamper said:

I sure hope that chair in the living room by the TV is more comfortable than it looks.  Though the style of furnishings is not my taste at home, I'm looking forward to spending the week in a fresh new suite!  Is anyone concerned about how these light colored furnishings will hold up over time with all the use & abuse?  Stains & soil would be my concern with so much light colored upholstery & light carpet.  

They ruined the penthouse suite, in my opinion. Been in it twice, will never go in it again. That awful grey wooden flooring that replaced much better flooring, no piano, that bizarre egg shaped contraption of a chair taking its place. What were they thinking???

On 2/19/2019 at 3:13 PM, goldsmip115 said:

I just had a frustrating “chat” with a Celebrity agent about the total absence of real pictures of the Millenium revolution.  I specifically asked about the Penthouse Suite since I have 19 nights booked in that suite on the Summit starting in April.  The agent said that there are no public pictures yet, but they hear that some will be coming soon.  Then I got the full PR sales job about the famous Kelly redesigning everything, blah, blah, blah.  He did end up sending me this link which has a total of 4 renderings.  For what it’s worth.....

c999793f2605665c47b3c11e35a9be3fb8f9fba6

If I want cheapo modern design, I go to Ikea, not the Summit!...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Airspeed said:

They ruined the penthouse suite, in my opinion. Been in it twice, will never go in it again. That awful grey wooden flooring that replaced much better flooring, no piano, that bizarre egg shaped contraption of a chair taking its place. What were they thinking???

I'll be on the 4/20 sailing, so I'll try to give my thoughts afterwards.  Having never sailed in it pre Revolutionized, I don't have anything to compare it to besides photos & video but I will definitely be able to see if it feels like luxury now.  I know the space is the same but that's not always the criteria people are searching for when they are spending that kind of money on vacation and I know it's considered "first world problems" but still a valid concern for some.  

1 minute ago, texswamper said:

I'll be on the 4/20 sailing, so I'll try to give my thoughts afterwards.  Having never sailed in it pre Revolutionized, I don't have anything to compare it to besides photos & video but I will definitely be able to see if it feels like luxury now.  I know the space is the same but that's not always the criteria people are searching for when they are spending that kind of money on vacation and I know it's considered "first world problems" but still a valid concern for some.  

Thanks, looking forward to your report back.

2 hours ago, warmwinds said:

One thing I noticed from the room video above is in the bathroom, the shelves to hold your cosmetics do not have that little railing around the edges - what were they thinking?  Every pitch and roll of the ship and your stuff is going to be on the floor.

Actually, all the open shelving in the room had a rim near the edge that was about an inch or so high. You can see it on the shelving beside the sliding door at about 1:40 in the video.

We had some heavy rolling a few times in the inaugural cruise and never once did any of the items I had on the shelves fall or even shifted. 

Also, we had the beds apart in our room and never felt that the nightstands were out of reach, they also could easily be moved if they did. 

Edited by avrey97