Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Can anyone advise if luggage still fits under the beds in Concierge Rooms?

Hopefully someone will answer, but it would be the ultimate lack of functionality if they've messed that up.  I think we'd hear about that pretty quickly. 

I cannot speak about the Summit, but I was recently on Edge and there was a lot of space under the bed to store luggage.  I think the bed frame was higher than on the older ships.  Since I think they replaced the beds on the Summit, I would think they are the same as the beds on the Edge.

Carolyn

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jcpc said:

You can get 2 bottles of wine instead of your 2 bottles of alcohol.  BUT - I have had some butlers who bring bottles of wine/champagne with no problem and with no charge.  I think it all depends on who your butler is.  Most of them bend over backwards to get you anything you want when you're staying in the PH

We've gotten wine from the butler, Michaels Club Concierge and the Michaels Club bartender to take back to our Royal Suite. Haven't been lucky enough to sail in the Penthouse yet; but it's coming, just don't know when.

6 hours ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

Perfect! Thanks! Last question.... I know they fill the fridge with beer, soda and waters, but can you also get wine?

Yes in lieu of bottled booze -

Here is a list of what the shoreside concierge just sent me.

Selection for liquor bottles:

Beefeater, Bombay original, Bombay Sapphire, Bombay Sapphire East, Hendricks, Tanqueray 10, Tanqueray , Gordon’s, Plymouth.
 Chivas Regal 12 Year, Glenfiddich Select (single malt), Johnnie Walker (Red/Black),  Dewar’s white label (Blend),Famous Grouse (Blend), ,  Glenlivet (single malt), Macallan Quest (single malt) Highland Park 12 year Single Malt Scotch Whiskey, Jack Daniels Black Bourbon, Maker’s Mark, Barrel, Tennessee Honey/Tennessee Fire, Woodford Reserve, Canadian Club (blend), Jameson Irish Whiskey, Jim Beam, Bulleit, Crown Royal Bacardi & Flavors (Silver, 8, Big Apple, Black Razz, Coconut, Limon, O, Oak Heart Spiced), Captain Morgan Rum, Malibu Rum, Pyratt XO Rum, Ron Zacapa 23,Gosling’s Black Seal, Kraken Spiced, Myer’s Mark, , Mount Gay.
 Cuervo , Patron Silver & Reposado, Don Julio Blanco & Reposado, Cazadores Blanco & Reposado, Absolute and flavors (100, Elyx, Citron, Mango, Orient Apple,  Raspberry, Rubby Red, Vanilla), Belvedere & Intense, Ciroc & Flavors (Snap Frost, coconut Beach), Grey Goose Vodka, Ketel One, Chopin, Effen, Tito's, Stolichnaya (regular, blueberi, Elit), Smirnoff,
Bailey's Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Kahlua, Campari, Galliano, Licor 43, Pimm’s, Novo Fogo Cachaca, Chambord, Cointreau, Hennessy VS, Courvoisier VSOP.

In case the liquor is not your preferred option we can substitute with a bottle of wine, we offer a variety of Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc.

Then, choose any combination of beverages for your minibar:
 Premium bottled purified water
 Vitamin Water
 Evian, Coca Cola ® Products, juices, teas, Red Bull, sparkling water flavored and natural
Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Heineken Light, Heineken, Corona, Corona Light,
Blue Moon, Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Dos Equis, Guinness Stout, Newcastle Ale, Stella Artois,
 Sierra Nevada, various availability of IPA Beers.

Edited by Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Doctor G said:

I cannot speak about the Summit, but I was recently on Edge and there was a lot of space under the bed to store luggage.  I think the bed frame was higher than on the older ships.  Since I think they replaced the beds on the Summit, I would think they are the same as the beds on the Edge.

Carolyn

Thanks for your reply.  You're right that if there wasn't room under the beds, we would be hearing about it on CC. 

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Beefeater, Bombay original, Bombay Sapphire, Bombay Sapphire East, Hendricks, Tanqueray 10, Tanqueray , Gordon’s, Plymouth.
 Chivas Regal 12 Year, Glenfiddich Select (single malt), Johnnie Walker (Red/Black),  Dewar’s white label (Blend),Famous Grouse (Blend), ,  Glenlivet (single malt), Macallan Quest (single malt) Highland Park 12 year Single Malt Scotch Whiskey, Jack Daniels Black Bourbon, Maker’s Mark, Barrel, Tennessee Honey/Tennessee Fire, Woodford Reserve, Canadian Club (blend), Jameson Irish Whiskey, Jim Beam, Bulleit, Crown Royal Bacardi & Flavors (Silver, 8, Big Apple, Black Razz, Coconut, Limon, O, Oak Heart Spiced), Captain Morgan Rum, Malibu Rum, Pyratt XO Rum, Ron Zacapa 23,Gosling’s Black Seal, Kraken Spiced, Myer’s Mark, , Mount Gay.
 Cuervo , Patron Silver & Reposado, Don Julio Blanco & Reposado, Cazadores Blanco & Reposado, Absolute and flavors (100, Elyx, Citron, Mango, Orient Apple,  Raspberry, Rubby Red, Vanilla), Belvedere & Intense, Ciroc & Flavors (Snap Frost, coconut Beach), Grey Goose Vodka, Ketel One, Chopin, Effen, Tito's, Stolichnaya (regular, blueberi, Elit), Smirnoff,
Bailey's Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Kahlua, Campari, Galliano, Licor 43, Pimm’s, Novo Fogo Cachaca, Chambord, Cointreau, Hennessy VS, Courvoisier VSOP.

In case the liquor is not your preferred option we can substitute with a bottle of wine, we offer a variety of Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc.

Vitamin Water
 Evian, Coca Cola ® Products, juices, teas, Red Bull, sparkling water flavored and natural
Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Heineken Light, Heineken, Corona, Corona Light,
Blue Moon, Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Dos Equis, Guinness Stout, Newcastle Ale, Stella Artois,

We are dedicated wine drinkers, along with water.  Since we began sailing in Royal Suites we've always requested 2 bottles of French Champagne in lieu of the liquors, and a bottle of wine in lieu of beer which has been replenished if asked.  Don't even drink many soft drinks unless it is extremely hot and we need a caffeine fix, otherwise we go for water.  Hoping we will still get our preferred beverages on our next 3 cruises.

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Vitamin Water

Thanks for the list, Jim.  It varies slightly, I believe, based on the ship you are sailing.  I have asked for, and received, liquor that is NOT on the list you posted.  So if your preferred choice is not listed it doesn't hurt to ask.  They try their best to accommodate RS and PH occupants.  Of course if for some reason they are not able to provide my preferred liquor choice it's not big deal......I just go with the flow! :)

Just now, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We are dedicated wine drinkers, along with water.  Since we began sailing in Royal Suites we've always requested 2 bottles of French Champagne in lieu of the liquors, and a bottle of wine in lieu of beer which has been replenished if asked.  Don't even drink many soft drinks unless it is extremely hot and we need a caffeine fix, otherwise we go for water.  Hoping we will still get our preferred beverages on our next 3 cruises.

I'm sure you will get what you wish.  Our butlers have always stocked us with way more that could ever be consumed, especially with a Premium Drink Package and Michael's Club. 

I'm not a drinker and requested a non-alcoholic wine and beer for me and Grey Goose and Bud for Iain.   We also don't drink soda but I do love San Pellegrino.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Thanks for the graphic.  Having said that, I do hope that getting rid of Qsine in favor of LPC isn't the case.  LPC just doesn't seem to be my idea of somewhere we'd enjoy going.  When we're on a cruise we really enjoy dressing up and having the full dining experience, something Murano did spectacularly.  We'll probably give Tuscan Grille a chance this November, but really I shouldn't complain if I don't end up spending extra for dining.

We were disappointed to find only LPC on the Infinity last month. We wanted to take DS and DGF to Qsine.   With no Murano equivalent, we did Tuscan one night instead of multiple specialty restaurants.   Celebrity missed out on additional $ from us. 

Edited by D C

16 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If you look at the Wiki page for Kelly Hoppen she is a designer of some standing and has been called the Queen of Taupe.  Interesting read for those who want to understand a bit more about her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Hoppen

She’s obviously far more famous on this side of the pond and was recently on Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief (where I believe she was the PM).

IMHO, Ocean Liners (plus equivalents) was the best specialty restaurant on X.

I know there has been a lot of chatter about LPC and Qsine.  I do not know if it means anything but 1.  I am booked on Summit and Qsine is a dining option in my planner while LPC is not. 2. Several of the videos which have come out show Qsine still on board.  Maybe LPC will stay isolated to the Edge class ships.  I know the graphic showed the phase out but that graphic also indicates that is happening during the dry dock and the tours are not showing that is the case. Qsine is at 5:44 mark.  Tables do not look set for LPC either. 

• Like 1

I also hope LPC does not replace Qsine.  While I'm not the biggest fan of Qsine (the food is good, but I'm over the gimmick), I have no interest in LPC (even more gimmicky, and a limited menu).

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 3

Quisine from a quick menu glance seems vegan friendly. The chef should be able to adapt some recipes to fit my diet. My husband the Omni will be happy since it’s a specialty restaurant we can definitely try. I also plan to find out if the steakhouse can make me a vegan dish so my DH can eat there.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:33 PM, JFontaine said:

The cabins connect via a door in the penthouse living room.  It might also be possible to remove a balcony partition, so that the balconies connect. The new sectional is a pullout, not sure the size, and there’s plenty of room for a rollaway bed, which probably would make sense for one son.  Welcome to Celebrity, hope you love it. 

Actually, the door is in the dining room.  You don't need to leave it open, you just need to get your butler to unlock both doors.  You cannot remove the balcony partition, but it can be opened.

Thanks for posting this!   That white thing that’s supposed to be a, what, coffee table? Looks like a cheap piece of junk. And are there only two chairs on the balcony? No loungers or table and chairs?  Wow.  But the room itself is nice I suppose.  

15 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Thanks for posting this!   That white thing that’s supposed to be a, what, coffee table? Looks like a cheap piece of junk. And are there only two chairs on the balcony? No loungers or table and chairs?  Wow.  But the room itself is nice I suppose.  

AGREE and the sofas, with the foam wrinkled cushions, also looks old and cheap. The designer should have looked at a Crystal or Viking ship for some ideas.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

The coffee table actually is very heavy. Looks better in person. Yeah, no loungers is disappointing. Looking at the other balconies I see multiple types of seating. 

10 minutes ago, ScubaDo said:

The coffee table actually is very heavy. Looks better in person. Yeah, no loungers is disappointing. Looking at the other balconies I see multiple types of seating. 

I sail in CS suites on M-Class ships quite often and to my knowledge they have never had loungers on the balconies.   Originally the CS's didn't have a balcony and when they added them they are rather narrow but wrap around.   Putting a lounger on the deck would be quite tight. 

I guess there was a fire sale  for the smaller safes and they got them for all the ships. When people complained on Edge, hard to believe ,they continue to make the same mistakes.  Why replace them at all, unless they were not working. We left the pads out and hoped for the best.

5 minutes ago, Littlegov said:

I guess there was a fire sale  for the smaller safes and they got them for all the ships. When people complained on Edge, hard to believe ,they continue to make the same mistakes.  Why replace them at all, unless they were not working. We left the pads out and hoped for the best.

We've never had a problem leaving items out on a Celebrity ship.  Use the safe for passports and wallets and, if I remember, the jewelry I wore to dinner.  Some times I'm too tired to bother and just put it in the drawer of the dressing table/desk. Never had a problem.

• Like 3