I just cancelled 3 booked cruises...

2 minutes ago, Megtheblackbelt said:

...but it’s only because I’m moving to Spain in a few months (from Florida!). Which means - European cruises (without the additive flight costs), here I come! 

My new apartment will be ~30 minutes from the Barcelona port. I’m just excited. Bear with me. 

Congratulations for what I assume is a new wonderful job!

1 minute ago, George C said:

Barcelona is a great city , have fun 

It really is! I spent several weeks in the city last year, and fell in love. There’s so much to do, and everything is so close! 

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

Congratulations for what I assume is a new wonderful job!

Yes, ma’am! Same company, a promotion, and a fantastic re-location package. Thank you so much! 🙂 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congrats.  Lookin forward to your European cruise reviews.

Thanks, Andrew! Me too. We’ve never cruised Europe before, so it should be interestinggg.

*spends endless hours googling best cruises in Europe*

26 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Congratulations!

Thank you so much! 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Hope they were refundable😇😇😇. Congrats

Out of all 3 cancelled, we lost $200 (cruise-wise). Which I don’t think is overly terrible/is our own fault. 

Thankfully only 1/3 required flying (TPA to Vancouver), which we got 2 tickets for $300 (including insurance). That being said, insurance company is saying “re-location due to job” may not be covered, so of course I’m going through that rigmarole of trying to push that through. Whoooo. 

And thank you! I appreciate it. 🙂

1 minute ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Congratulations on your promotion and life in Barcelona

Thank you so much! 🙂

1 hour ago, Saman said:

Hi i hope you enjoy Barcelona , i am British but live in Mallorca we also have the benefit of cheap flight all round Europe so make the most of your time in Spain to travel around .

Oh, how cool! I cannot wait to visit Mallorca, and see that it is a stop on quite a few cruises. Thank you very much for the well wishes! 🙂

17 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We will visit Mallorca during our November Allure TA in 2020. what do you recommend we see. it will be my 2nd time to Barcelona our embarking city but daughters first

I’ve never been to Mallorca, but I bet Saman is the Mallorca pro! If you need any BCN tips, let me know. 🙂

7 hours ago, Megtheblackbelt said:

...but it’s only because I’m moving to Spain in a few months (from Florida!). Which means - European cruises (without the additive flight costs), here I come! 

My new apartment will be ~30 minutes from the Barcelona port. I’m just excited. Bear with me. 

I'm jealous!

58 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We will visit Mallorca during our November Allure TA in 2020. what do you recommend we see. it will be my 2nd time to Barcelona our embarking city but daughters first

The Cathedral in the city center is gorgeous, definitely worth a visit.  We also visited the little town of Valdemossa.  It was wonderful.  The caves get great reviews as well, although we didn't have time to visit.    Mallorca is beautiful, enjoy!

I enjoy doing City tours or the country side of places I haven't been to. Since this will be my 2nd time to Barcelona I want to show the daughter many of the attractions of Barcelona I missed during my husbands & my first visit. We did the Walking tour our 2nd day then a day trip to Montserrat the 3rd day then boarded the ship the following day so missed a lot of things in Barcelona itself.

18 hours ago, Megtheblackbelt said:

I live in the Tampa area... UGH.  I would rather live in the Barcelona area.  Enjoy your new home on the Mediterranean. 

Congrats on the job relocation.  I fell in love with Barcelona the first time we cruised out of their.  For our first cruise out of Barcelona we arrived three days early.  The main idea was to get our internal clocks adjusted.  However we loved touring the city.  Post cruise, I had booked a hotel room near the airport for one night (afraid of not making the one an only Delta flight of the day on day of disembarkation).  The plan was just going to be to hangout at the hotel for the day.  However, when we got to the hotel, they had a shuttle that would run you into the city.  We looked at each, quickly dropped off our luggage in the room, and made a beeline to the shuttle.  We then spent the day trying out different tapa's bars

Our second Med cruise we did the same thing, except post cruise we stayed right on Las Ramblas.