Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

2 hours ago, island lady said:

There is that silly statement again...

Do you actually know anyone that cruises without also having a home to pay somewhere?  

Yes.  The first one I knew was Bea Muller who lived on the QE2 for many years; she was the second person I met on my first TransAtlantic crossing and I spent a number of delightful hours talking with her.  As she pointed out a cruise ship is Assisted Living at a significantly lower cost than obtainable in a metropolitan area. I have since encountered a hand full of others who had also sold homes and were living full time on ships except for an ocassional “vacation” during drydocks or to visit friends.

You might reconsider who it is that is making silly statements.  

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So far I have made it to page 25 and I was understanding some of the concerns. But it has turned into such a war on Pinnacles that I don't know if I'll get any further with it.

That's where it falls apart

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...reminds of all those promos for "free charms, free champagne, etc." from Diamonds International.  Oh how dreadfully annoying...but many pax eat it up.  😄 

Laura had me gather some of the free charms recently. Here they are on my 2 year old granddaughter.  

20190310_185211.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I’m certainly permitted, as a non upper tier cruiser, to have an opinion on just about anything.  You’re free to totally disregard my opinion because I’m just part of steerage. I’ve not yet posted my own experience in these oh so uppity lounges, but I certainly DID and will continue to comment on adults complaining about the quality of their free drinks. 

This entire thread is a big reason why so many are reluctant to post anything here.  But hey, you have a wonderful day.  

I've never complained on the quality of the free drinks. On the contrary,  I love the new choices

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

What do you care?  If they want to show their Pins it's their prerogative as we are still (so far) free to do as we please.  I saw a gentleman in the DL on Oasis a couple of years ago and he had a light blue polo shirt with a C&A with a Diamond + logo.  On one hand I said,  yeah he was showing off and at the same time I thought that he was proud of the achievement.

So I wear my 9.11 pin to honor my fallen brethren's  on the upper floors of the North Tower-I'm sure some folks will find something to b..tch about.

In conclusion, as the old great NY Yankee Phil Rizzuto would exclaim "Holy Cow" we're at 41 pages of whining & complaints.

Like this?

20180921_161531.jpg

7 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

Am I supposed to hate you because you are one of those Suite People or because you are a Pinnacle? Are you required to hate yourself?

This is getting too complicated.

just posting it to add to the conversation....don't hate anyone, don't hate yourself.....personally I don't care what people wear or show...just be considerate...and if you haven't paid for a suite, don't crowd the suite lounge...no matter what RCI says

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I like the Irish creme and Dan likes the Newcastle

Newcastle is the bomb. Lots of it on Adventure. I only saw it in Pub and Sorrento on Oasis

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've never complained on the quality of the free drinks. On the contrary,  I love the new choices

Free is a pretty good price, although they are not really free, somebody is still paying for them. Still........I'm happy when anyone buys me a drink no matter the quality.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Pack a lunch pretty much every day for work. 

When I worked as a legal secretary, some of the girls would eat out every day--I took my lunch.   Back then a plate lunch was only $5.00 at Primos or Mary Frances Tea Room.   But over the years that adds up to a lot of money.

4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

When I worked as a legal secretary, some of the girls would eat out every day--I took my lunch.   Back then a plate lunch was only $5.00 at Primos or Mary Frances Tea Room.   But over the years that adds up to a lot of money.

And that is why you can afford to cruise.   Too many people do not understand how much the true cost of that daily Starbucks coffee or eating out for lunch everyday really is.

The irony is that the people who can typically truly afford that daily coffee are typically the ones drinking the free coffee from the break rooms.

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, molly361 said:

Just off the Brilliance.  15 Pinns.  We were sitting at the bar in the CL and some of the Pinns were talking about how the CL's are now becoming Suite Lounges and one of them said "Well we know how to take care of those suite guests"  Don't have a clue what he meant but it made me think of these threads here on CC😇"

I didn't know you were sitting there. I was over in the corner by the windows when that statement was made. I just had to laugh at that one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So far I have made it to page 25 and I was understanding some of the concerns. But it has turned into such a war on Pinnacles that I don't know if I'll get any further with it.

Not really. The rest of the thread just goes off a cliff into a trash heap after that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

It was a joke. :classic_dry: Not sure if a person that only takes one or two vacation weeks a year, has no cruises booked, makes statements about a cruise they were not even actually on....can profess to be "well traveled"?  

Just because Andy and his family only cruise once a year that surely doesn't mean that are not "well traveled".

You are not really saying that those who take cruises over and over to the same locations and an occasional TA or TP are the only people that are "well traveled" - right?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Just because Andy and his family only cruise once a year that surely doesn't mean that are not "well traveled".

You are not really saying that those who take cruises over and over to the same locations and an occasional TA or TP are the only people that are "well traveled" - right?

Lets not forget well heeled.  

Edited by CruiseKeeper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1