Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

14 minutes ago, CruiseGem said:

I agree but I also know RCCL has  many followers Just for those benefits ,,if they go away so will the cruisers because like RCCL does not need to continue theses benefits Cruisers do not need to Cruise RCCL

Absolutely.  Then they will come back.  

+ No one is saying all benefits will cease, but change is coming.

It will be a strong loyalty program, just not what it has been.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:17 AM, nelblu said:

Wonder if anyone has C&A benefits from 15-20 years ago and compare to the present offerings.  Bet the amenities are much more valuable today than in past years.

Actually your wrong RCCL used to in addition to the lounge give very nice gifts to C+A members I have some wonderful beach bags and RCCL towels ect we got a bowels of fruit in cabin too ! I thought they were wonderful Jonny Rockets was free to C+A members too !

3 minutes ago, CruiseGem said:

Actually your wrong RCCL used to in addition to the lounge give very nice gifts to C+A members I have some wonderful beach bags and RCCL towels ect we got a bowels of fruit in cabin too ! I thought they were wonderful Jonny Rockets was free to C+A members too !

There was a time when Johnny Rocket's was free to everyone. And I got a bowl of fruit in my cabin three weeks ago on Adventure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

I truly love these kinds of posts, I don’t know anything more than anyone else, but I am going to say the C&A program is going to change....  thank you for absolutely stereotypical posting.

jc

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I truly love these kinds of posts, I don’t know anything more than anyone else, but I am going to say the C&A program is going to change....  thank you for absolutely stereotypical posting.

jc

You are very welcome!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sitting in a fairly empty Blaze overflow lounge.

Surprised it's open with barely 500 D, D+, and Pin

On this sailing of serenade there are over 600 d, d+ and p cruisers.  CL and DL have been crowded but able to get seating even at 5pm.  Except the first night of the cruise in both lounges it was standing room only at 5pm.  

I have said it for a while...I believe the Diamond Lounges will become Diamond Plus lounges...I am honestly surprised it hasn't happened already across the board. 

As for the 3 drinks loaded onto your seapass card...I never understood that one...IMHO they shot themselves in the foot on that one. You can just go to any bar....use your 3 free drinks to get three beers and put them in your cabin fridge to save them for the next day to drink at the pool or anytime and still go to the Diamond Lounge for evening cocktails. Or get your 3 drinks and then when they are used up still go to the Diamond Lounge for more....so what was accomplished with that one?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I have said it for a while...I believe the Diamond Lounges will become Diamond Plus lounges...I am honestly surprised it hasn't happened already across the board. 

As for the 3 drinks loaded onto your seapass card...I never understood that one...IMHO they shot themselves in the foot on that one. You can just go to any bar....use your 3 free drinks to get three beers and put them in your cabin fridge to save them for the next day to drink at the pool or anytime and still go to the Diamond Lounge for evening cocktails. Or get your 3 drinks and then when they are used up still go to the Diamond Lounge for more....so what was accomplished with that one?

We spent most happy hours in the pub on the Anthem in January.  After watching several people approach the bar and request unopened beer(s), we noticed bartenders telling them they are no longer permitted to do that.  There were lots of shocked faces when the bartenders opened all happy hour beer to go despite requests. 

Edited by CruiseKeeper

11 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

We spent most happy hours in the pub on the Anthem in January.  After watching several people approach the bar and request unopened beer(s), we noticed bartenders telling them they are no longer permitted to do that.  There were lots of shocked faces when the bartenders opened all happy hour beer to go beer despite requests. 

Never seen that on Oasis class.....last was NYE sailing. Husband or wife would show up with both cards and walk away with a sealed six pack.

Edited by bajathree

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I'll never leave. I have a name tag.😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

We spent most happy hours in the pub on the Anthem in January.  After watching several people approach the bar and request unopened beer(s), we noticed bartenders telling them they are no longer permitted to do that.  There were lots of shocked faces when the bartenders opened all happy hour beer to go despite requests. 

Agree.  We used to get beer and pop for the cabin.  The bartenders all stayed that they had to open the can or beer.

Interestingly,  just off the Oasis last week.  When we asked for a Pop or beer from the bar with our vouchers they just handed us a glass, and never popped the can.  First cruise in forever they didn’t pop the can.   Must be an Oasis thing.

2 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

They were opening them up in the CL on Anthem too.

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

Agree.  We used to get beer and pop for the cabin.  The bartenders all stayed that they had to open the can or beer.

Interestingly,  just off the Oasis last week.  When we asked for a Pop or beer from the bar with our vouchers they just handed us a glass, and never popped the can.  First cruise in forever they didn’t pop the can.   Must be an Oasis thing.

On Freedom last September for a B2B and easily got a glass of ice and unopened can of Coke at the bar near the WJ with my SeaPass (voucher) to have with my dinner. The bartender had it ready for me as we approached after only showing my card the first couple of nights.

We saw many in the DL get multiple cans of soft drinks and beers out of the unlocked coolers and walked out with them during the happy hours but after a couple of nights the staff locked those...some just have to abuse the system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

The number of Diamonds is a problem for RCI.

80 points to reach Diamond is fairly easy with double or triple points on offer.

If they do change anything it will be to increase the D qualifying number up to 175 which is currently D+ and the current Diamond members who have less than 175 currently will only get the 3 free drinks vouchers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

On Freedom last September for a B2B and easily got a glass of ice and unopened can of Coke at the bar near the WJ with my SeaPass (voucher) to have with my dinner. The bartender had it ready for me as we approached after only showing my card the first couple of nights.

We saw many in the DL get multiple cans of soft drinks and beers out of the unlocked coolers and walked out with them during the happy hours but after a couple of nights the staff locked those...some just have to abuse the system.

I agree and eventually it will affect us all.

4 hours ago, rimmit said:

On Symphony sail, the bartenders did not even bother to scan our sea passes for our diet cokes.  Asked for and got unopened cans and took them to our cabin.  Came in handy for lunch either at WJ, MDR or SR.  Also, after the 1st couple of nights, our asst. waiter, had diet cokes waiting for us at our table--no scanning. 

Ok.  Flame me all you want. BUT am I seeing the same people who complain about chair hogs and frequently chastise posters who “don’t know the rules” admit that they flaunt those same rules for their own purpose?    Asking for unopened beer and soda and water to stash in your cabin for the next day at the pool?  Yeah, they’re going to need to cut back benefits for sure.  When that happens, remember your unopened $3.00 coke.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

Ok.  Flame me all you want. BUT am I seeing the same people who complain about chair hogs and frequently chastise posters who “don’t know the rules” admit that they flaunt those same rules for their own purpose?    Asking for unopened beer and soda and water to stash in your cabin for the next day at the pool?  Yeah, they’re going to need to cut back benefits for sure.  When that happens, remember your unopened $3.00 coke.  

Rules are meant to be enforced....but Royal helps those people who have a penchant for the philosophy of 'those rules don't apply to me because (fill in the blank) reason' or because they have an overall attitude of 'entitlement' because Royal  doesn't enforce the rules in the first place with all cruisers.   I abide by rules.....and believe the policies should be enforced.  

Royal had a policy for a short while that said that everyone in a cabin did not have to buy the drink package -- thereby allowing one cruiser to buy the package if the other one was not a big drinker.....the abuse on that was tremendous.  The person with the drink package was getting drinks for the significant other, aplenty.....what happened -- the rule reverted back to EVERYONE age eligible to drink staying in the same cabin HAD to purchase the drink package.    Royal tried to do something that was beneficial to MANY cruisers and it was abused.

Royal will do what Royal believes they need to do when it comes to changes in the C&A benefits.  Simple as that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bajathree said:

RCCL must have  underestimated their customer base

m

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Rules are meant to be enforced....but Royal helps those people who have a penchant for the philosophy of 'those rules don't apply to me because (fill in the blank) reason' or because they have an overall attitude of 'entitlement' because Royal  doesn't enforce the rules in the first place with all cruisers.   I abide by rules.....and believe the policies should be enforced.  

Royal had a policy for a short while that said that everyone in a cabin did not have to buy the drink package -- thereby allowing one cruiser to buy the package if the other one was not a big drinker.....the abuse on that was tremendous.  The person with the drink package was getting drinks for the significant other, aplenty.....what happened -- the rule reverted back to EVERYONE age eligible to drink staying in the same cabin HAD to purchase the drink package.    Royal tried to do something that was beneficial to MANY cruisers and it was abused.

Royal will do what Royal believes they need to do when it comes to changes in the C&A benefits.  Simple as that.

Oops. Hit reply too quick 

I agree that Royal will do what’s necessary.  The last time I checked, they weren’t a non profit.  I just see a HUGE dose of hypocrisy.    I guess the justification could be....I’ll get mine while I can.  I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem to be the right thinking but I guess there is this entitlement mentality in every aspect of life, including vacations.  

In in any event when I’m lucky enough to be on vacation and choose to cruise, I’m enjoying every single minute.   Hopefully everyone else does the same.  Life’s too short.