CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE!!!!!! CRUISE BLOG - The EDGE February 24th!

chicagopaul

55 minutes ago, dmp223 said:

Thank you for posting this picture! I actually said to my sister, I hope someone on Divinia takes a picture of Edge as we were sailing alongside. Here are a few of the pictures of Divinia I took:914cf80caca026fd15a3d3f53d5980d9.jpg4c1c53938ae642ebbe275e4e796e95dd.jpg8205eb66896c096fa718244fb7cac718.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here is a second photo,  always fun when you can share a picture of a passing ship. Enjoying this review,  it's been a few years since I have sailed Celebrity but they are back on my radar now!

1010216.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jcpc said:

Paul,

What time was the "show" at the Martini Bar?  On our sailing in January, we did see the "light show' at around 8 pm one night but there were only 2 bartenders behind the bar (I Made did juggle bottles for about 1 minute) but there was no "show" at all where the bartenders jumped up on the counters and poured those large flights, etc.  We were there every night but maybe they had the "bartender show" and we just missed it every night.  Thanks!

It was at 8pm every night and it coincided with the light show. Each night they poured the martini flights. I know there was another light show at 10pm and perhaps a martini show then too. 

I know there were some complaints on Cruise Critic of very little flair bartending and martini flights, so maybe they listened and made the change. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the live updates.  I loved following along.  I think I've gone through everything, but don't remember if you gave your "final thoughts" or a summary of your Edge experience.  What was your overall feeling, compared to the Solstice class? How did it rank?

Final Recap:

I ended up typing a full description of the ship, but I started thinking that many of you have seen plenty of photos and reviews so there really isn’t a need for me to describe in detail every nuance of the ship. Instead, lets just make this simple and focus on my thoughts, my perspective.

I loved the aesthetics of the ship. I found the new decor throughout to be absolutely beautiful. From the interior hallways, to cabin corridors, to the outdoor decks. I found the hallways on the common decks to feel wider. This definitely helped when large groups were walking through. But just as important it gave the ship a nice open, airy feeling. Now I know some people were complaining about the colors and clean lines; saying it felt too modern. When I was looking at some of the renderings and even photos, I did have a similar feeling. It might feel “cold.” But in person that is not the case. The grays used are not harsh grays, they’re warmer than you might imagine. The 3 story atrium where the Martini Bar is located looks beautiful. Some may think the tall ceilings above the bar make the space feel too open, but I didn’t get this feeling.

I loved our cabin look. The colors were beautiful. The bathroom decor was gorgeous in my opinion. I felt like I was in a very nice hotel. A few things I did not like about our cabin. There was no coffee table. While we didn’t order breakfast or any other room service this cruise, if we did, there definitely would not be a place to eat it if it was just dropped off. Our butler could easily roll in a table for room service, but if you just want something quick, the lack of a table presents a problem. The bathroom had wonderful storage throughout. There is a nice little vanity section on the side. While I’m not putting on makeup, I can see how this is nice for those who do. Personally I used it to place items while I was getting ready such as clothes, watch, ring, etc. What I did not like about the bathroom was the shower curtain. We did experience some leaking onto the floor. They put a plastic strip on one side of the shower, but the other side still has a leak. The shower curtain was also looking stained at the bottom since it is relatively long. I loved all the space in the shower, but they need to figure out a long term fix for this. While it is a bit annoying for us, it’s not that big of a deal. It is a bigger deal for the room steward and ongoing maintenance of the bathroom. I wish they would have just done away with the tub and made a large walk in shower with a bench and a glass door. This would be great for someone like me, but especially those who have mobility issues and don’t want to step into a tub. Though I will say the tub height was better than stepping into the tubs in the S Class sky suites.

Staying in a suite we definitely appreciate the Retreat deck. It was absolutely beautiful. While the layout took a little while to get used to, I did love the retreat dipping pool and the bar area. There were not a lot of places for shade, but  plenty of sun. The bar however was shaded and there were some tables by the bar in the shade and a few couch areas fully shaded. We had one day when it was very windy up there, but besides that it was not too windy. The views when pulling in and out of port are incredible. So if you’re in a suite this is the place to be, especially when sailing into San Juan.

The Retreat Lounge is much larger and brighter than Michael's that is for sure! It never felt crowded. There seemed to be plenty of bar servers but we didn't spend much time in the lounge. They always had small pastries and cheeses in the morning for breakfast. The coffee machine always seemed to be working. While there is a bar outside, there was no bar inside to sit at and I do wish there was one, especially for the evening. Though the bar servers can get you anything you need. The best part of the retreat lounge were the large windows.

I loved the new main pool. I think the set up, with some loungers in the water is beautiful. It was very crowded on the last sea days with most if not all the loungers completely full. What I did like about the area is while it was very crowded, it did not feel overly crowded. I think it’s because there are different heights to some of the decks. For instance you need to step up to get the pool bar and pool area, etc. It helps break things up a little and in turn I think makes the space look larger??

More to come…..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Martini Bar -

Ah the Martini Bar. What did I think? Well....it took me a while to get used to it. I love the look of the bar and the entire grand foyer lounge area. I do wish there were more seats at the actual bar. As some have mentioned on here I think there is space to make the bar one large circle and add more seating and still have a small standup area for those walking up to get drinks to take away. The different levels of the bar, while aesthetically pleasing proved to be a little difficult. For instance the "shorter" section of the bar, where the seats are very short is difficult to have one person sit and another stand behind you since you're essentially towering over the person. However, the nice thing about the taller section of the bar (the left side of the bar when facing it) is that the bar is tall enough (much taller than the S Class martini bar) that you are able to stand and lean against the bar while waiting for a drink or simply staying to have a drink. That aspect I really liked.

My thinking is that this design is forcing people to sit in chairs in different areas of the grand foyer. It keeps the bar from looking too crowded. I can appreciate that. However, I still only sit or stand at the bar. That is where I am most comfortable so I hope going forward on the Apex, etc. they make some changes to add more seating to the bar itself. Getting a seat proved difficult. We ended up standing at the end of the bar most nights but because the bar was higher I still found this comfortable.

The bartenders were fantastic. I have no complaints there. I really liked the new martini glasses they were using and never heard anyone complain about the consistency of their drinks; a complaint I've heard occasionally in the past.

Yes I do miss the ice on the bar. That was fun. But this has a classier look. I think given that this is essentially the "main" bar for the evening as there is no passport bar, then not having the ice was probably a smart move. However, I do miss it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Dear Chicagopaul:  Thanks for your generous postings.  Your writing is fun to read (like a great author putting together a novel), you are adventurous in dining (you ate a lot of unusual foods), your photography shows you have a good eye for composing interesting photo-stories, you shared your thoughts and conclusions, not knowing how you would affect your readers.  Case in point:  your sharing of the Brooke Hampton quote that starts "I hope there are days when your coffee tastes like magic..."  sent me on a quest to find the author of the quote, and to make a small poster of the saying.  Your photos were better than the professional photos that Celebrity has online.  Your photos gave me a much better feeling for the whole place, and the small niches like the library cart.  Your photo in posting #280 gave me an "ah-ha" moment when I realized that the shape of the butterfly wings near the pool mimic the shape of the Celebrity X.  Oh, and I think I know that you love yellow mustard on your hot dog and hamburger, or you just piled on the yellow for a pop (or big pop) of color in posting #271.  I look forward to following your postings on future cruises...Marshacruises

Good Evening. So I need to continue with my recap but as Edward and I sit at home having some wine and discuss the cruise I realized I never posted about our last meal which was Fine Cut! So let me review this for you. I’m going to start by posting all the photos. Then I’ll type up my review because there is much I need to say about our meal there.

Let’s start with the menu.

db0d6bba517f033933931bcb7aeeee29.jpg

04212ebb8c219feec82896cf25a49a92.jpg

9f835c85abd4a5bae44dadfc5377f85f.jpg

4f880d0184a4c0d870dcfc535309ce63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our dinner at Fine Cut was shared with our friends Dawn and Lisa so we tried multiple appetizers. Here are the apps.

dd46d16cdd7e6c0e779d02a394c54798.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail. Sauce was served in a separate dish.

45e7e49e5c8d832aaf6c10a8ce6365d8.jpg

Crab Cake

23e4eb4d6a9a6957f028ff4d832d3f66.jpg

Ahi Tuna Tartare

3055975c3f0ce72b5672d43755a3a9da.jpg

Scallops

Here are photos of our entrees. Edward and I had the Prime NY Strip. Dawn did as well. Lisa at the Ribeye. I only have photos of Edwards and mine plus the sides.

fe5aa73559e981dbeb38ec144dbfdbb6.jpg

9e7835782feddc0110743fb202cdcf75.jpg

e66d6e8727110ada140a1fbce3f17560.jpg

Gruyere Tater Tots

c9927b1b24d257c838a792b7ec7ce4f2.jpg

Smoked Bacon MAC n Cheese and asparagus.

8e739ad74e0e66d73ff9c209da9a73e7.jpg

Double Chocolate Brownie

dd13cfd0ef783d8d4b4c13a277eb09e9.jpg

Ice Cream Sundae

Now that I have all the photos posted let us discuss the entire meal. We ate at Fine Cut on the last night of the cruise as it was very crowded and the one night they had reservations at our preferred 8:30pm time on Tuesday we had already booked Eden. So, with that being said Fine Cut was made for us on the last night. I'd also like to mention that due to a couple reasons (our room switch issue with us and Dawn / Lisa and the video I made for Celebrity) this meal was comped for both us and Dawn & Lisa.

At 8:30pm we headed to the restaurant. We were given the choice of two tables and chose a more quiet one which was perfect for the four us. We decided to get a bunch of appetizers to split which you can see above. The appetizers were excellent. The Crab Cake was very firm, a good amount of crab, and not dry though it could have benefited from a little sauce on the side. The shrimp cocktail (I did not have this) I was told was good, but the shrimp were on the smaller side as far as steak houses on land go. Here in Chicago or NYC we're used to basically 4ct shrimp and these were definitely much smaller than that but bigger than most other restaurants on the ship. The cocktail sauce I was told was good but a bit watery. The Ahi Tuna Tartare was phenomenal. It was very fresh and had a wonderful wasabi mayo / sauce. The highlight for me were the scallops. I would probably say these were among the best scallops I've ever had, anywhere. Cooked absolutely perfectly with bits of bacon and a wonderful bacon, smokey sauce. While I like scallops, I don't LOVE them like some people, but these I truly LOVED.

Entrees. For the main entree Edward, Dawn, and myself ordered the Prime 30day dry aged Bone In NY Strip. Lisa had the prime ribeye.

Now, on past cruises in Tuscan and Lawn Club we've had very good luck with steaks. Specifically the filets. On this cruise the filet in Luminae was fantastic. The Ribeye in Eden was absolutely incredible.

It pains me to have to write this, but I have to be honest. The bone in prime strip steak was one of the worst steaks I've ever had at sea, on land, anywhere. I've never seen so much fat on a strip steak. While the steak was cooked the proper medium rare it was tough to cut and barely seasoned, if seasoned at all. The thickness of the steak was not something I was impressed with. It may be hard to tell from the photos but the exterior char was not consistent. I realized this can be difficult at times with a bone-in, but usually properly finished under a broiler this issue can be corrected.

We eat at the best steak houses in Chicago on a regular basis. I usually order two types of steaks. Filets and prime ny strip, preferably bone-in. Not to sound arrogant, but when it comes to steak I know what is good and what is not. This was not good. From a quality perspective, to a seasoning perspective I was disappointed. I knew as soon as it was put down in front of me and I was actually quite upset that a waiter working at Fine Cut actually brought this out. My wait staff I know here in Chicago would have never let these 3 NY strips leave the kitchen.

Now, what did I do? Well, at this point it was 9:30pm on the last day. We were tired. We ate some of the steak and moved on to dessert. The meal was comped, it was not worth my argument. I do know this is likely being read so I'm sure this will make its way back to the powers at be, but I'll also send a separate message.

Now with the above being said PLEASE DO NOT LET IS SCARE YOU AWAY FROM FINE CUT! Everyone we talked to on the ship said how wonderful their meal was. Many recommended the steak we got! I think this was the last night, they were in a rush, and probably served an inferior product or really just butchered the hell out of in the kitchen (no pun intended). If I had paid for this meal I would have surely asked for a refund based on the steak.

The overall experience just felt off. Service was good, but not great. We ordered some wine over the premium package. Usually when we do this, especially in Murano for instance, we're asked if we'd like a second glass. Perhaps asked if we want some port. A much more personalized experience. This felt much more like we were in the main dining room. For the cover that is being charged this should not be the case by any means.

Our waiter was very nice. When we ordered a bunch of appetizers he actually brought out more than we asked for and split them up on the table perfectly. We only ordered one dessert but he brought out the Sundae for us to try which was definitely a winner! I'm not knocking him. I'm just saying, the overall meal and experience we had did not match the experience others told us about on the ship, some who were going back 2 and 3 times even if they had to wait until 9:30 or 10 for a reservation.

I think the main reason I am so critical of this is because steakhouses is where we eat much of our nicer dinners here at home. I've seen even what the basic steakhouses can do here and I was really hoping Fine Cut was going to be essentially the Murano of steak houses and I did not get that experience that others did.

With all this being said, the appetizers were incredible. The sides were very good (perfectly cooked asparagus which may sound simple but I swear so many places screw this up) and the desserts were quite tasty. The decor was very nice and simple. The dishes came out quick and nicely timed.

Again, please still do consider Fine Cut but maybe don't do it on the last night! If you've eaten there, what did you think? What were your experiences?

• Thanks 1

I agree that the scallops were the best I've had pretty much anywhere. I had them all three times I ate at FCSH (3 different cruises). The bone in filet mignon was what I had all 3 times and each time was perfection. Some cruise buddies, who are Texans, seem to have never found a steak that they really liked on any of the cruises we have been on with them (I usually cringe when they take the first bite, waiting for the critique), but at the FCSH they raved up and down about the bone in filet mignon (and it is what our waiters all recommended). I don't eat a lot of steak as a rule, but do like filet mignon. This was definitely the best I have had, but I am not an expert. Murano's filet is wonderful, but I think the bone added a lot of flavor to the FCSH filet. We all really wanted to gnaw on that bone!

We had 3 excellent experiences there. A couple of other people on CC have panned the FCSH, so it's not just you - they must have some off nights - maybe the regular chef's night off. Maybe I'll ask what his/her schedule is when I go back next February! 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

I had a great experience in Fine Cut.  I ordered the bone in filet mignon and it was done to perfection.  We, too, ordered appetizers and sides to share (there were 5 of us).  All 5 of us were completely happy with our meals.  Funny thing about Fine Cut - due to our Zenith status 2 of us were entitled to a 25% discount and one was entitled to a 15% discount due to being Elite Plus.  We received 75% discount (instead of 25%) for Zenith.  I spoke to the Retreat Concierge to try to have this corrected but no adjustment was ever made - so I said to myself "oh well, I tried!"

It's too bad you didn't have a great meal.  Perhaps it was due to being the last night - or maybe just an "off night" at Fine Cut!

Dear Chicagopaul:  Thanks for your generous postings.  Your writing is fun to read (like a great author putting together a novel), you are adventurous in dining (you ate a lot of unusual foods), your photography shows you have a good eye for composing interesting photo-stories, you shared your thoughts and conclusions, not knowing how you would affect your readers.  Case in point:  your sharing of the Brooke Hampton quote that starts "I hope there are days when your coffee tastes like magic..."  sent me on a quest to find the author of the quote, and to make a small poster of the saying.  Your photos were better than the professional photos that Celebrity has online.  Your photos gave me a much better feeling for the whole place, and the small niches like the library cart.  Your photo in posting #280 gave me an "ah-ha" moment when I realized that the shape of the butterfly wings near the pool mimic the shape of the Celebrity X.  Oh, and I think I know that you love yellow mustard on your hot dog and hamburger, or you just piled on the yellow for a pop (or big pop) of color in posting #271.  I look forward to following your postings on future cruises...Marshacruises

Thank you so much for following along and for your kind words! They definitely mean a lot and it’s comments like yours that make me excited to continue writing and posting!

Hopefully FCSH was a one off.

We love Murano but on our last cruise we took two other couples with us the first night (30% discount).

I had the lobster (wonderful).  They all had the chautebriand.   No one complained during the meal but afterwards, they all said they were disappointed, including my husband who generally could eat there every night.  All the other restaurants were great. 

Perhaps it was just because it was the first night.....who knows. 

We have reservations for the steak house on the Edge next month......but not on the first or last night!

We've crossed paths with you Paul on both the Eclipse and the Equinox and always enjoy your reviews.  You guys don't look for the negative but when something isn't right, you comment.

Happy cruising!

Kudos for yet aonther excellent live blog and review.  I truly enjoy your writing style and wonderful photos, but I especially appreciate your objectivity.  The time and effort required for such a detailed reporting is not for the faint of heart, so thank you very much!

• Like 2

Enjoyed the review! Looking forward to your next one!

As for Fine Cut  we never ate there and pobably won't next time either. They turned us off!

We had long standing  pre paid res for an early time hoping it would be quieter and work with our usual dining time.  When we went to confirm the res the night before,  we learned that they changed  us to a later time..without notice or checking if it was acceptable.  Guess someone else needed our slot or they just overbooked.  The place seemed loud and hurried..not great for a an enjoyable  dining experience .

We decided to cancel but while doing so  were berated publicly by the maitre d who questioned why this was such a big deal.  Lots of attitude on his part.

Anyhow..there are other choices on board we will enjoy!

23 hours ago, marshacruises said:

I echo these sentiments! This is Dawn, counterpart and sister to Lisa who had the absolute pleasure of cruising with Paul and Edward once again, this time on the beautiful Edge.

We met Paul and Edward one evening early in our Reflection cruise back in December 2015. We became fast friends and discovered we had quite a bit in common. Our personalities meshed so well and we continue to join Paul and Edward on cruises whenever we can.

I just want to add how committed Paul is to putting together a great live blog while he enjoys his cruise! I was amazed at his dedication and desire to get questions answered as quickly as he could. I marveled at his tenacity, knowing I could probably maintain a live blog for a couple of days but would probably conveniently start to forget to check in. Not to mention he couldn't start any meal until all photos were taken!

If you ever have the pleasure of sailing with these fine gentlemen, say hello, you'll undoubtedly make friends for life, like we have! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Paul - Many thanks for another fabulous review.  I always appreciate how thorough and opinionated you are!  Seriously, the real value here is your honest, candid thoughts.  Edge sounds like an amazing and innovative experience.  I just love that you and Edward experience so many aspects of the ship.  Thanks for the gorgeous photos, too.  Happy to hear that the wonderful service continues.  

From reading the reviews we're concerned, also raised by others, that there seem to be fewer quiet peaceful places to relax during the days as we usually choose longer cruises with many sea days.  Unless, of course you are in a suite and have access to the Retreat.  I think I'd miss the forward lounges on the S and M classes, and I hope the rumors of converting them into suites are just that!  Disaster!

Sorry your dinner at Fine Cut missed the mark.  The scallops sounded and looked divine though.  I noticed they featured Nueske bacon!  We've loved it for years and while it's available here in Southern California in upscale markets we find it's easier to order it straight from the farm in Wisconsin.  I just might make a wedge salad tonight with it. Curiously we discovered it at our favorite steakhouse in LA, the Pacific Dining Car.  

Also glad you highlighted one of our favorite reasons to cruise - the value of making new friends.  We have cherished, long time friendships whose joys are truly impossible to overstate.

So, I may have to change my Cruise Critic name to Chicago Mary Anne as my husband and I will be moving to Chicago this year!  After a lifetime in Pasadena we are anxious to be closer to our son and his family.  We are hoping to move to the Streeterville area so, who knows, we just might run into you and Edward in one of those steakhouses.  My current fave is Chicago Cut but we love em all.

Thanks again, Paul.

2 hours ago, holomoana said:

Hi Dawn, we too enjoyed Paul's blog & appreciate him doing it for our benefit.  We will be on Edge next month for the TA cruise.  Just wondering how you liked your S3 cabin.  

Hi! We absolutely loved it! We were offered an upgrade to an S2 but despite really liking the bed facing the balcony, we really liked the location of 12160 and the extra large balcony. We found the room to be so roomy and the storage was great. The few things that made us scratch our heads and wonder "what were they thinking?!" ... the location of the shower head in the tub, would have been much better on the right wall. The non-fog mirrors (took forever to clear) and little nuances like no caller ID or clock on the phone (but that is a cabin-wide issue). We had no qualms about the Magic Carpet and the limited side views. Didn't even notice the pole until late our first night. When the MC was above deck 12, the view was still just fine. If you have any additional questions, I'll be happy to answer as many as I can.

Oh, our stateroom room attendant was David, he was great and Allain was our butler and he was fine too but we choose to not utilize the butler service all that much so I can't really comment on his service or attention. Very nice man though.

If you haven't seen it yet, I did post our stateroom info along with photos on the Edge stateroom information thread. 

Enjoy your TA!

• Thanks 2

On 3/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, chicagopaul said:

Final Recap:

I ended up typing a full description of the ship, but I started thinking that many of you have seen plenty of photos and reviews so there really isn’t a need for me to describe in detail every nuance of the ship. Instead, lets just make this simple and focus on my thoughts, my perspective.

I loved the aesthetics of the ship. I found the new decor throughout to be absolutely beautiful. From the interior hallways, to cabin corridors, to the outdoor decks. I found the hallways on the common decks to feel wider. This definitely helped when large groups were walking through. But just as important it gave the ship a nice open, airy feeling. Now I know some people were complaining about the colors and clean lines; saying it felt too modern. When I was looking at some of the renderings and even photos, I did have a similar feeling. It might feel “cold.” But in person that is not the case. The grays used are not harsh grays, they’re warmer than you might imagine. The 3 story atrium where the Martini Bar is located looks beautiful. Some may think the tall ceilings above the bar make the space feel too open, but I didn’t get this feeling.

I loved our cabin look. The colors were beautiful. The bathroom decor was gorgeous in my opinion. I felt like I was in a very nice hotel. A few things I did not like about our cabin. There was no coffee table. While we didn’t order breakfast or any other room service this cruise, if we did, there definitely would not be a place to eat it if it was just dropped off. Our butler could easily roll in a table for room service, but if you just want something quick, the lack of a table presents a problem. The bathroom had wonderful storage throughout. There is a nice little vanity section on the side. While I’m not putting on makeup, I can see how this is nice for those who do. Personally I used it to place items while I was getting ready such as clothes, watch, ring, etc. What I did not like about the bathroom was the shower curtain. We did experience some leaking onto the floor. They put a plastic strip on one side of the shower, but the other side still has a leak. The shower curtain was also looking stained at the bottom since it is relatively long. I loved all the space in the shower, but they need to figure out a long term fix for this. While it is a bit annoying for us, it’s not that big of a deal. It is a bigger deal for the room steward and ongoing maintenance of the bathroom. I wish they would have just done away with the tub and made a large walk in shower with a bench and a glass door. This would be great for someone like me, but especially those who have mobility issues and don’t want to step into a tub. Though I will say the tub height was better than stepping into the tubs in the S Class sky suites.

Staying in a suite we definitely appreciate the Retreat deck. It was absolutely beautiful. While the layout took a little while to get used to, I did love the retreat dipping pool and the bar area. There were not a lot of places for shade, but  plenty of sun. The bar however was shaded and there were some tables by the bar in the shade and a few couch areas fully shaded. We had one day when it was very windy up there, but besides that it was not too windy. The views when pulling in and out of port are incredible. So if you’re in a suite this is the place to be, especially when sailing into San Juan.

The Retreat Lounge is much larger and brighter than Michael's that is for sure! It never felt crowded. There seemed to be plenty of bar servers but we didn't spend much time in the lounge. They always had small pastries and cheeses in the morning for breakfast. The coffee machine always seemed to be working. While there is a bar outside, there was no bar inside to sit at and I do wish there was one, especially for the evening. Though the bar servers can get you anything you need. The best part of the retreat lounge were the large windows.

I loved the new main pool. I think the set up, with some loungers in the water is beautiful. It was very crowded on the last sea days with most if not all the loungers completely full. What I did like about the area is while it was very crowded, it did not feel overly crowded. I think it’s because there are different heights to some of the decks. For instance you need to step up to get the pool bar and pool area, etc. It helps break things up a little and in turn I think makes the space look larger??

More to come…..

As always great insights. Really enjoyed following along. I have mixed feelings on the table in the room though. I actually liked having the rocker, even it though is a bit bulky. I just don't know where they would put a table though and would interfere with the nice sight line to  the sea from the bed. Not sure which is a better option.

Liked the Retreat Lounge as well, feels much more open  with its angles and sections and less "woodsy" than the other Michaels Club

I am curious to see what they do with shower tubs though. I was in a forward suite 9180 so really didn't see any water leaving the tub area, but seems like a common occurrence from quite a few threads. Will keep my eyes open to read if they try a fix to it before Apex

Thanks Again