CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE!!!!!! CRUISE BLOG - The EDGE February 24th!

chicagopaul

Hello Everyone! Well, as I finalize my final recap of everything I figured I'd post a few photos from around the ship that I did not get around to doing. I'll get those posted now. I'm also putting together some videos for YouTube including the room tour video, the martini bar (yes the shows are back!), and a few other fun things around the ship. Thanks again for following along.

Lastly, someone asked about macchiatos in the Retreat. I checked the machine and YES! you can get one! 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 5:20 PM, chicagopaul said:

Lunch was in Luminae today. It was busy but service was prompt. We both had the ceviche and the lobster roll. There was not a lot of lobster, but the quality seemed pretty good. The bun was toasted nicely and very tasty. There was no mayo on the lobster, just a very light citrus vinaigrette. Mayo was offered on the side.

8676cd01c0f7e8be1dab3b18188ed093.jpg

7296eb8de9418881ff37847db51d053a.jpg

220df07b87161ad8b77b00bbf2540b55.jpg

Guess who I ran into today? Milton aka Santa Claus! He’s working at the pool bar. 
Milton is the best say hi f

rom winnipeg 

We saw some familiar faces in Luminae including Vishal. Joao and Priscilla have been fantastic in the retreat have been awesome.

Guess who I ran into today? Milton aka Santa Claus! He’s working at the pool bar.

I have noticed a few things here and there which I’ll share with you later.

Ok now it is time to try to fight for a seat at the martini bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, reallyhooked said:

Enjoyed the pictures and review of Edge. Great job. Also went back and read your review on Reflection, since we will be going in a few weeks. Thank you for sharing your experience. Until the next one be well.

Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise on the Reflection! 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, chicagopaul said:

Today I actually did a video testimonial for the Edge which was pretty cool. I just briefly talked about a few of my favorite things about the ship and they recorded me in Eden. I was more than happy to do it and it was an interesting experience. 

If you get a link to your testimonial, it would be great if you could come back and post the link for us (if it is something you want to share). 🙂

Thanks for the great review - it whet my appetite for our next cruise on the Edge and our future Apex cruise.

1 minute ago, Pier290 said:

Hello!  Will u be adding a conclusion to your review?

I'm dying to know your thoughts overall comparing the S-class ships to Edge....

And.....want to know if u will sail on Edge again?!😎🍸

I definitely will be. I'm typing it up separately so I can post it all in one post on this thread. I should have it ready within 24hrs! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicagopaul said:

Here is the room tour video. This is of cabin 10107. NOT on the magic carpet. Remember they moved our room, so this is a S2 Sky Suite, deck 10, forward. 

Aren't you supposed to have a rocking chair?  Perhaps you said; I didn't have the sound on.

Edited by chawkjewel

23 minutes ago, chawkjewel said:

Aren't you supposed to have a rocking chair?  Perhaps you said; I didn't have the sound on.

They removed all the rockers a little while ago. Not sure at all where they put them, never saw any in any common areas around the ship. 

Thanks for your review, photos, and videos. Love the look of the stateroom, but really disappointed to see shower curtains, no outlet by left side of bed and the uncomfortable balcony chairs and no footrests. What were they thinking?

Thanks for another fabulous review, Paul. You've relieved my winter weather blahs, and increased my anticipation of our Edge TA. I hope you've not had a great jolt returning to Chicago weather, and I look forward to your comparison of the Edge & Solstice classes.

Cheers,

Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad

1 hour ago, chicagopaul said:

They removed all the rockers a little while ago. Not sure at all where they put them, never saw any in any common areas around the ship. 

But didn't give you a lounger for the balcony?  That's not good.

1 minute ago, chawkjewel said:

But didn't give you a lounger for the balcony?  That's not good.

There actually was a lounger on the balcony when we first entered the room, but since we never use it (and it took up some space) we had the butler remove it. I know some people were moving the rockers out onto the balcony to use, but from what I heard the rockers were not all weather and not meant to be exposed to the elements. We had friends in another suite who had no loungers out there, but they requested them from their butler and they were put out on the balcony right away. 

6 minutes ago, chicagopaul said:

There actually was a lounger on the balcony when we first entered the room, but since we never use it (and it took up some space) we had the butler remove it. I know some people were moving the rockers out onto the balcony to use, but from what I heard the rockers were not all weather and not meant to be exposed to the elements. We had friends in another suite who had no loungers out there, but they requested them from their butler and they were put out on the balcony right away. 

Thank you.  I have an S1 on the 10th and don't usually use the lounger but the room looks a little empty the way yours is now.  I'll probably like it just fine though!!  Can't wait.  Loved your review.  Thank you!

Just now, chawkjewel said:

Thank you.  I have an S1 on the 10th and don't usually use the lounger but the room looks a little empty the way yours is now.  I'll probably like it just fine though!!  Can't wait.  Loved your review.  Thank you!

Even if you'd like an upright lounger for the balcony, ask for that. The room doesn't look so empty when you're there in person, I think because the drawers open up pretty far a rocker sitting in the center might block that. The biggest complaint I had, if anything, would be the small table by the couch. They really should have those replaced with a long coffee table and I think it would fill up the room much more plus give you a place to eat breakfast, etc. 

30 minutes ago, chicagopaul said:

Even if you'd like an upright lounger for the balcony, ask for that. The room doesn't look so empty when you're there in person, I think because the drawers open up pretty far a rocker sitting in the center might block that. The biggest complaint I had, if anything, would be the small table by the couch. They really should have those replaced with a long coffee table and I think it would fill up the room much more plus give you a place to eat breakfast, etc. 

Upright lounger,  I’ve never heard of that Paul.  Could you please explain what that is?

Here's the Edge as we passed you yesterday on the way back to FL. (On the MSC Divina). Nice looking ship!!
1010217.thumb.jpg.7604d5d1570232c1975cfb7d8ba498f6.jpg
Thank you for posting this picture! I actually said to my sister, I hope someone on Divinia takes a picture of Edge as we were sailing alongside. Here are a few of the pictures of Divinia I took:914cf80caca026fd15a3d3f53d5980d9.jpg4c1c53938ae642ebbe275e4e796e95dd.jpg8205eb66896c096fa718244fb7cac718.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Paul,

What time was the "show" at the Martini Bar?  On our sailing in January, we did see the "light show' at around 8 pm one night but there were only 2 bartenders behind the bar (I Made did juggle bottles for about 1 minute) but there was no "show" at all where the bartenders jumped up on the counters and poured those large flights, etc.  We were there every night but maybe they had the "bartender show" and we just missed it every night.  Thanks!

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1