Sun Princess Rumours

I can understand not enjoying a nice stream, it is likely a two fold issue, one is the water saving showers roses, the other is the pressure issues. Due to not being able to provide high water pressures to accommodate the demand of so many cabins.

Unless it was built like that to begin with, which seems unlikely given lack of original complaints, pressure wouldn't be an issue as there are the same number of cabins so it could supply that number originally.

Similar, water saving shower heads also deliver decent pressure, and are the same used in the different standard cabins including those where it works fine, so it isn't that either.

Just to get back on topic after being hijacked by the shower issue, I notice that Golden Princess is to receive Medallionnet by December 2020. Why would Princess outlay money upgrading Golden, just before handing it over to P&O? Would make more sense to transfer Golden to replace Sun or Sea. Give P&O the Sun or Sea.

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Just to get back on topic after being hijacked by the shower issue, I notice that Golden Princess is to receive Medallionnet by December 2020. Why would Princess outlay money upgrading Golden, just before handing it over to P&O? Would make more sense to transfer Golden to replace Sun or Sea. Give P&O the Sun or Sea.

Golden Princess will be with P&O Australia before Dec 2020, so I doubt the upgrade to Ocean Medallion will happen. The person who updated the webpage probably didn't check that the previous info was tabulated before the announcement of her moving to P&O.

It would make more sense for Princess to keep Golden Princess. It is the much better ship than the Sun and Sea in my opinion. I think the company is deliberately trying to play games with the NSW government by basing ships here that cannot fit under the harbour bridge.

1 hour ago, Brisbane41 said:

It would make more sense for Princess to keep Golden Princess. It is the much better ship than the Sun and Sea in my opinion. I think the company is deliberately trying to play games with the NSW government by basing ships here that cannot fit under the harbour bridge.

???? That doesn''t make sense. Sun and Sea do fit under the harbour bridge, as would Pacific. Not sure about Island, but she doesn't cruise down here anyway. All the rest are too big, as are most of the other cruise lines' ships other than P&O Australia.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

???? That doesn''t make sense. Sun and Sea do fit under the harbour bridge, as would Pacific. Not sure about Island, but she doesn't cruise down here anyway. All the rest are too big, as are most of the other cruise lines' ships other than P&O Australia.

P&O Australia gets Golden Princess and Star Princess, two of which ships cannot fit under the harbour bridge rendering White Bay obsolete. Why not just give P&O Australia Sun and Sea Princess like they got the Dawn then they can dock all of their ships at White Bay for turnaround day.

4 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I wouldn't bet on that happening.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

Golden Princess will be with P&O Australia before Dec 2020, so I doubt the upgrade to Ocean Medallion will happen. The person who updated the webpage probably didn't check that the previous info was tabulated before the announcement of her moving to P&O.

No, the upgrade will happen. P&O have confirmed they will also be operating the Medallion feature when it comes across.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Not so, the system is older and therefore weaker and would have a build up of calcium and other minerals , as such it cannot have as much pressure before leaks or burst pipes occur.

That's a different issue. It's not the number of cabins then, but it's certainly correct that there can be other issues such as sediment affecting the plumbing.

1 hour ago, Brisbane41 said:

P&O Australia gets Golden Princess and Star Princess, two of which ships cannot fit under the harbour bridge rendering White Bay obsolete. Why not just give P&O Australia Sun and Sea Princess like they got the Dawn then they can dock all of their ships at White Bay for turnaround day.

I think they're looking for economies of scale like the other lines. They've been upsizing as they refresh their fleet, aside from the HAL ships which had questions around the reason for their transfer, and which they've now gotten rid of one of in any case.

With Golden Princess and Star Princess still being great ships, it is not going to entice me to sail with P&O Australia. I will not be keen to keep going on the Sun and Sea Princess and to be perfectly honest am sick of seeing them here or still in the Princess fleet. They are well past their use by date and it is time to start moving them on.

With Princess deployments in Australia I only chose the Sun or Sea for short coastal sectors and nothing more. They are totally unsuitable for long voyages.

We are probably going to see more of the Majestic or other recent ones they are sending like Emerald and Ruby as they get older and replaced by newer ships on the other side of the world.

Probably, Diamond Princess seems to be the one that is staying in Japan more so it may have to move between the two countries. At the very least that ship needs a few adjustments to the plumbing systems as well for a newer ship than some which have better plumbing.

Sun Princess and Sea Princess have had their day. The bars are perfectly fine but the show lounges and theatres are lacking in space compared to the newer ships. If you like sitting in a bar drinking some beer, wine or spirits then you are likely to have a good time on the Sun and Sea Princes as these areas are quite spacious and well maintained.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Actually the theatre space on the Sun class ships is far better than on the Royal class ships given the passenger capability of each class. 

I will check out Majestic Princess by October this year.

By the way have you seen the theatre on the Aurora and Oriana? 

The first two photos are of Aurora, the third is Oriana and the last is Dawn Princess. The Aurora and Oriana are exactly the same size ship as Sun class except with about 200 less passengers.

2012-07-19-014.JPG

2012-07-19-015.JPG

2010-11-06-040.jpg

2013-04-26-028.JPG

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Not so, the system is older and therefore weaker and would have a build up of calcium and other minerals , as such it cannot have as much pressure before leaks or burst pipes occur.

I imagined the desalinated water on ships would be free of scale producing elements. I'm no expert on desalination processes so I could be wrong.

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There is always some residue (mineral deposit) left behind by any water although it would be no where near what it would be in town water, which is always brought on board at various ports.

Well, well, well, yet another school day for this little black duck.😜

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

26 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

These days its not the minerals or organisms I worry about. It's the micro plastics turning up in drinking water.

26 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

These days its not the minerals or organisms I worry about. It's the micro plastics turning up in drinking water.

'Tis a known fact that a good slug of whisky kills all the nasties in water.  Can't imagine why anyone would drink it without this wonderful addition.

• Haha 1