Silver Muse/Silver Shadow, Live (almost) from Mar 15 - Apr 2

WesW

Hello Wes - good to see you back travelling with SS, will you be attending the solo/singles party? LOL!

Been rather preoccupied recently on the Regent's boards having been contributing to the 'Live from the Explorer' thread in company with TC2.

If I had seen your post earlier, I would have told you to look out for Barbara Muckermann in Manila.

Please say hi to Paolo and Jimmy and say that Sir & Madame miss them.

Will follow along in your wake - enjoy!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

• Like 1

Unibok, thank you.  Gave you a shout out to our CD Jimmy who fondly remembered you.

ME; thank you too, it is very nice to be back on board Silversea again after a brief nearly two year hiatus.  I do not respond to anything TC posts, if u want the rest of the story, pls send me an email at yahoo.com below.

Good Morning Coron (well just a few hours away) Island, Phillippines.  As the Silver Muse daily newspaper says, “Coron’s dramatic rock protrusions which jut from emerald seas and glorious sweeps of sand, make it a destination that you can’t help but dive into.  Coron Bay has a  breathtaking maze of deep blue water that winds around tall limestone cliffs that almost remind you of the move, “Avatar.”  Photo below courtesy of Silversea’s daily Chronicles.

5C34A14D-7E76-4EF1-BCCB-C366CA6496EF.thumb.jpeg.8def2bb4043ce79eb2fd220703f82c2f.jpeg

Just west of Coron Island is Basuanga Island that is the home to an underwater wonder (in 1944 dozens of Japanese WWI ships were hit in an aerial attack sinking them right of the coast of this island..

This morning am taking the Panoramic Coron by Boat with swimming excursion.

Last night had a wonderful dinner in La Terraza but what made it special (Besides the MastroJanni Brunello) was special cruise friends Gary and Barb Lewis (who are on board the 72 day Grand Voyage) came to visit my single table and we talked the next two hours away.  I was so engrossed in our catch up conversation from our Silver Wind Norway cruise (July2017) forgot to take some photos, except of the new delish antipasta La Terraza no serves.  

6FF0E402-8006-44DC-B2DD-654F004CC97E.thumb.jpeg.761f1a17a4e6489dd2fbd421d694a3c2.jpeg

EDF7F126-48EE-4F63-BE9E-18A8EE4436D0.thumb.jpeg.492c5f16e2664f08cf87ac49230f5ced.jpeg

No worries, we are having dinner Sunday nite and will take plenty of photos.

Met with Paolo (Muse Hotel Director) yesterday numerous times (did give the Griffiths warm regards) and let him know in a few days would like to do one or two Silver Muse Crew profiles.

Edited by WesW
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, WesW said:

Brian/Stumblefoot; asked Paolo that your told me to ask for Acqua Panna he laughed and said he has to check because it is a special order.  I said, that’s OK, I just wanted to rag him on your behalf.

Terry, am sure Brian or Mr. Silver has mentioned the jacuzzi on the rear of deck 10 with wonderful lounges adjacent if u want to relax with some extra privacy.

LOL!  Glad I brought a laugh to Paolo’s day.  I know he’ll restock for me before Oct 2020.

And, be careful giving ALL the Muse secrets away.  😁 It’s amazing how many don’t know about that cool jacuzzi space.

Wes, you fortunate person!! Coron is my favourite place in the Philippines, where I did a private tour which probably mirrors the one you planned to do with the ship.  Hope you enjoyed it.  May it stay one of the least developed areas in the Philippines, unlike Boracay and Hundred Islands, though after being shut for over six months, the former is now "recleansed" and open, but still probably full of tourists!

Will continue to follow your trip, many thanks.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

• Like 1

Rachel,  Matt the butler did a very good job, mind u not as good as Ida but much better than i could do

ME, your absolutely correct Coron is a beautiful majesty.  too bad photos won’t download now 

here r a few photos from Panoramic Coron Island Philippines one of top ten Silversea excursions i’ve taken

Breaking news Captain Zanello took the newest Silversea ship out today with special SS guests (his two darling daughters)

alas photos won’t download now.  so, later

Edited by WesW

Wes; Sorry I've been out of touch the last couple of days. We've had house guests( old Navy friend and son) who came from Texas for a visit and left this A.M. Enjoying the pics. I have flown over that island area many times in both A-7s and A-4s; beautiful area from the air! We used to do the "Flight of the Intruder" thing around there when we were flying from Cubi Point or the carriers when we were in the area. Hell of a rush! Looking forward to Singapore; 4 days and counting!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dougburns said:

We used to do the "Flight of the Intruder" thing around there when we were flying from Cubi Point or the carriers when we were in the area. Hell of a rush!

I’d love to hear that story over a plate of pasta someday Doug.  Wow!

• Like 1

Hi Doug,Stumblefoot;

So looking forward to cruising with you again Doug (and Amy and you Brian on board the Moon fall 2020 crossing) next Thursday on board the Silver Shadow. Hoping even tho you’re Navy you will be a better meal conversationalist than my friends IPad and IPhone :)

Today is our first sea day enroute to our next port Borneo.

Tonight is the Venetian Society party and formal nite. Am meeting Silversea friends Barbara and Gary Lewis (one year ahead of President Trump at Penn—Gary has shared stories but no politics here). Ate for the first time in Altantide last night and loved it. Enjoyed a very nice Napa Valley CAB with Beef Carpaccio starter and later porcini risotto.

I am loving most everything about the Silver Muse (except the near six inch drop off out of my veranda suite bathroom to suite). Now enjoying a light breakfast in the Arts Cafe.

2649fd871b6ebfc49113716e61550f75.jpg

ffabc80eabcd67913f54c7328e47441b.jpg

830b29bee798366e1fd89efd6ad90fa5.jpgp

Anyone care from nice desert wine [emoji485]?

d363e7c3c0f74ec74309f1a8988e2291.jpg

CD Jimmy and his team were busy decorating our suite doors last night in Celebration of saint patrick’s day today

bddb8009b12e270f50f358555a897477.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WesW said:

Hi Doug,Stumblefoot;

So looking forward to cruising with you again Doug (and Amy and you Brian on board the Moon fall 2020 crossing) next Thursday on board the Silver Shadow. Hoping even tho you’re Navy you will be a better meal conversationalist than my friends IPad and IPhone 🙂

Today is our first sea day enroute to our next port Borneo.

Tonight is the Venetian Society party and formal nite. Am meeting Silversea friends Barbara and Gary Lewis (one year ahead of President Trump at Penn—Gary has shared stories but no politics here). Ate for the first time in Altantide last night and loved it. Enjoyed a very nice Napa Valley CAB with Beef Carpaccio starter and later porcini risotto.

I am loving most everything about the Silver Muse (except the near six inch drop off out of my veranda suite bathroom to suite). Now enjoying a light breakfast in the Arts Cafe.

2649fd871b6ebfc49113716e61550f75.jpg

ffabc80eabcd67913f54c7328e47441b.jpg

830b29bee798366e1fd89efd6ad90fa5.jpgp

Anyone care from nice desert wine emoji485.png?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yes please Wes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WesW said:

Anyone care from nice desert wine emoji485.png?

Can we make it a vertical? 

20190316_205956.thumb.jpg.f4e8aab693cc94fea2cc1b9bae86bb8f.jpg

Brought this home from our Silver Cloud trip in October 2014. Leftover OBC... 😄

Keep on enjoying, Wes. Sorry to miss you in Atlanta next weekend.

• Like 2

Good Morning Borneo!

In a few minutes we arrive in Kota Kinabalu, Malayasia. Kota Kinabalu is named in honor of the nation’s first primer minister. Early this afternoon, am taking one of Silversea Silver Muse excursions, “Colors of Borneo.” During this short four hour excursion we will see the highlights of Borneo; Kota Kinabalu (Handicraft Center market), we will also visitthe modern four story Sabah Museum. We will see an assortment of relics that tell Sabah’s history including ceramics/artifacts of China’s Song Dyansty. We will observe Mt. Kinabalu as well.

Last night enjoyed a hosted dinner table in the Silver Muse restaurant, Atlantide. Was a guest of the Muse Cruise Director, Jimmy Kovel—we enjoyed lively conversation and keenly listened to Jimmy tell us about plans for Silversea’s newest ship, Silver Moon that will be delivered in August, 2020.

Please enjoy a few photos from last nite and our sail in to Kota Kinabalu

Terry Muse Tip: your suite radio is blue tooth enabled so no need to bring your own speaker. enjoy listening to my fav apple music [emoji445] tunes willl getting ready for dinner pairing my ipad with the suite speaker

.9f9760c88ee451f22ace4f518a899497.jpg

cf9c2217de1df6fd8492fa1a460ff92e.jpg

5648a692fcf52ca3e29211a17c49db08.jpg

bca693621aedf3fe5645999bc64881d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning Borneo!

In a few minutes we arrive in Kota Kinabalu, Malayasia. Kota Kinabalu is named in honor of the nation’s first primer minister. Early this afternoon, am taking one of Silversea Silver Muse excursions, “Colors of Borneo.” During this short four hour excursion we will see the highlights of Borneo; Kota Kinabalu (Handicraft Center market), we will also visitthe modern four story Sabah Museum. We will see an assortment of relics that tell Sabah’s history including ceramics/artifacts of China’s Song Dyansty. We will observe Mt. Kinabalu as well.

Last night enjoyed a hosted dinner table in the Silver Muse restaurant, Atlantide. Was a guest of the Muse Cruise Director, Jimmy Kovel—we enjoyed lively conversation and keenly listened to Jimmy tell us about plans for Silversea’s newest ship, Silver Moon that will be delivered in August, 2020.

Please enjoy a few photos from last nite and our sail in to Kota Kinabalu

Terry Muse Tip: your suite radio is blue tooth enabled so no need to bring your own speaker. enjoy listening to my fav apple music [emoji445] tunes willl getting ready for dinner pairing my ipad with the suite speaker

.9f9760c88ee451f22ace4f518a899497.jpg

cf9c2217de1df6fd8492fa1a460ff92e.jpg

5648a692fcf52ca3e29211a17c49db08.jpg

bca693621aedf3fe5645999bc64881d2.jpg

Wes,

If you are lucky to be served wine again by Anna Liza who is in your first picture, please pass along our warm greetings to her.  We’ve had the pleasure to sail with her twice, most recently last summer on the Muse from Athens to Rome where we were able to introduce her to our daughter, and she is one of the sweetest people in the world who takes great care of passengers.

p.s. Look forward to reading what you have learned about the Moon.  Our fingers are crossed for a larger Arts Cafe.

• Like 1

Enjoyed another wonderful port call at our first Malaysian port, Kota Kinabalu.

First enjoyed another wonderful lunch in La Terraza with Silversea cruise friends Gary and Barbara Lewis. Shared a bottle of 2013 Shafer hillside select Cab with them at lunch.

3ef22f38c4cebb27b87815f948951123.jpg

Near 1p.m., We then left for our four hour + Colors of Borneo excursion.

We first took a mangrove cruise and enjoyed the calm waters within the mangrove, noting the verdant mangroves and even probiscus monkeys frolicking about.

916111eac407af09b619ff14e090bbdf.jpg

68f92b4b59d16f998877f747c18b8996.jpg

We landed at went to our outdoor Batik painting studio and all Silver Muse Colors of Borneo guests did their own Batik painting. Please enjoy a few photos of us painting our masterpieces (mine is proudly displayed in my suite bathroom.

1c4dc25b7052da6b4168d44065925ebc.jpg

792e20e668103b0bc94ca2e49c78cc98.jpg

I wondered from the outdoor studio and soon found the calming and beautiful sights of the Ocean. Even sighted a hammock rest area.

97ca6bb16cc4229f0e858365b05932a6.jpg

Wes,

Thanks for the ongoing "doings" of your voyage - glad I am not on the next voyage of the Muse?  Seems to me there will be no good wine left!!

BTW the "hammock rest area" is one of my favourite pastimes as a child - a swing!  Still partial to any that I see round the world and cannot resist playing on them.

Glad you enjoyed Coron - frighteningly - it seems to be getting more popular!!

Would also be interested to hear of any news re the Moon.

Kindest regards

Master Echo 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 7:47 PM, WesW said:

18 hours ago, WesW said:

Terry Muse Tip: your suite radio is blue tooth enabled so no need to bring your own speaker. enjoy listening to my fav apple music  tunes willl getting ready for dinner pairing my ipad with the suite speaker.  

On 3/15/2019 at 12:46 AM, WesW said:

Terry, am sure Brian or Mr. Silver has mentioned the jacuzzi on the rear of deck 10 with wonderful lounges adjacent if u want to relax with some extra privacy.

Super appreciate these excellent visuals, details and various follow-ups from Wes.  Very interesting and helpful.  Am copying yours (and other) key tips for my file related to our July Silver Muse trip up to Alaska.   Keep up the great sharing!!!  The food and beverages look spectacular.  Plus, the excellent pix's from these cruise stops/ports. 

QUICK QUESTION?:  As you are posting pictures during this sailing, are you down-sizing these visual files before uploading to Cruise Critic?  Any other tricks or tips as to why it seems to be going smoothly for you versus the challenging experiences that Spins/Candy experienced recently while on the Silver Spirit from San Juan to FLL?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling for "down under” wonders. Exciting visuals with key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 210,013 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

Good Morning ME, Terry, Brian, all;  First thanks for your very kind comments—turbo boosts my continued desire to post.

ME, Jimmy told me the SALT dining (featuring local/regional cuisine) concept will be introduced on the MOON and have it’s own chef.  He also told me that RCL has introduced Project Invictus—meaning robust refurbs of many of the SS ships in next year.

Terry; you’re welcome—still trying to pry the Muse’s secrets and will share as I continue to enjoy and learn (now my fav ship even over the Cloud and Wind).  Only niggle (dougburs—Warning Warning Will Robinson) is watch the six inch vertical drop from the suite bathroom to suite floor (on first day took a nasty fall and banged/gashed right shin (used Voltaren Gel) and immediately helped.  This is a good first air gel to bring in your cruise med pak.

Brian, the Shafer Cab is $230 but tastes like a $20 Cab even had Carolina pour herself a glass (she said it is fine but too young—WS rated this Shafer higher (97)than any of the ship’s Connisseur list Cab offerings.  Caymus is a home run, this Shafer vintage is a foul ball.  Did partially rectify with an Allegrini Amarone at LT last night.  Once Carolina told me they now only have two bottles of the Allegrini left, I bought another 🙂

Today is the first of two seadays before arriving in Singapore.  Carolina is hosting a blind premium wine tasting (Joseph Phelps INsignia, Tenuta San Leonardo Vignetti Della Dolomit, Chateau Branaire Decru, and Concha Y Toro Don Melchior (will order this at lunch today).  Did sign up but bowed out last nite as friends Mike and Pat Murray invited me to LT for early dinner and did not want to over indulge.  Besides have to do an evening workout to enjoy this delish fine wine.

Plan to do first/only Silversea behind the scenes crew profile tomorrow (if Paolo approves, Mark Conroy asked him to support these profiles if the crew member approves—talked to an old Spirit deck washing chief Pat at 6:20am and we greeted each other like old friends.  He was asked to open the deck washing crew on the Muse from the Sprit.  We have been friends via FB for about nine years.  Hopefully will post a story and deck washing team photo tomorrow.

Enrichment lectures are a.m.(Singapore) p.m (ASEAN) with Virtuoso of Variety by Multi instrumentalist Davie Howes (he got good reviews earlier in the week) s tonight’s entertainment.

Thx Wes.  Sorry to hear about the Shafer.  No excuse for being too young to drink.  If true, one could still taste the structure, regardless of how tannic.  I know you know that wine better than most.  So, I’m going to trust your taster.  Something was definitely off on that bottle and you know it.

Glad to hear the Caymus was a winner.  That producer was my epiphany wine many, many years ago.