Silver Muse/Silver Shadow, Live (almost) from Mar 15 - Apr 2

WesW

As fellow friend, former journalist, and cruise critic(Mr. Rumor/Rich) taught me--will "set the table," before our cruise.  Will post photos and words on this tread to hopefully describe well our exotic Asia voyages.

Now at Atlanta airport Delta lounge awaiting boarding Korean Air flights to Manila.  Below gives images of the Muse voyage and then Shadow voyage.  Very fortunate to have booked Silversea cruises embarking and disembarking from the same port—Singapore.

C4189A5C-5531-408A-8964-CF8056A0FC3B.thumb.jpeg.8d0a38814c45870fb5222f379beeb334.jpeg

1C05D9B3-1034-43AB-AE2E-CBDAEEA0E9AF.thumb.jpeg.799f9633c219bff9980e07db771a7cdf.jpeg

As a single (Ida gave me a kitchen pass) fly to Manila from Atlanta today to board the Silver Muse this Friday.  Will spend two nights in the Conrad Manila before boarding the Muse this Friday, March 15th.  Ship leaders are; Captain Zanelo, HD Paolo, CD, Jimmy Kovel.  This voyage sails for six days to Singapore.  Will disembark early on March 21st and then immediately embark the Silver Shadow for the 12 day Singapore to Singapore (highlight is four days in Myanmar).

So very happy that long time Silversea Cruise Critic, Dougburns decided to join me as a fellow solo cruiser on this leg of our voyage.  Doug, Lynn, Ida and I (along with a dozen other SS cruise critics)  first enjoyed a fabulous Silver Spirit maiden crossing back in January 2010.  Since Jan 2010, we have sailed on Silversea multiple times with Doug and Lynn.  The Shadow Ship's leaders are:  Capt Palmieri, HD, Michael Blanar, CD Kirk Detweiler.

Edited by WesW

2 hours ago, RachelG said:

Have a great trip Wes!  What are you going to do with all your extra closet space since Ida isn't going to be there? 

Great question Rachel.  I wonder if Wes will know what to do with all of that space reserved for shoes?

6 hours ago, WesW said:
Will post photos and words on this tread to hopefully describe well our exotic Asia voyages.  Now at Atlanta airport Delta lounge awaiting boarding Korean Air flights to Manila.   fly to Manila from Atlanta today to board the Silver Muse this Friday.  Will spend two nights in the Conrad Manila before boarding the Muse this Friday, March 15th.  Ship leaders are; Captain Zanelo, HD Paolo, CD, Jimmy Kovel. 

"Exotic" is good phrase for this upcoming, interesting, fun adventure.  Look forward to following along.  Am especially interested, also, in any and all of the details, tips and secrets related to the Silver Muse.  In late July, we will be on this ship for the first time as were are sailing from Vancouver to Alaska.  If you can check, would love to know more as to who is probably scheduled to be the ship's Captain, ED, and CD for our later summer journey.  Plus, like to learn any other suggestions and ideas to maximize the experience compared to what we did in 2017 on the pre-stretched version of the Silver Spirt and from earlier SS sailings on the pre-expedition version of the Silver Cloud.  

Safe travels to Manila and for your boarding on the Muse.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 44,912 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Hope you have a safe trip to Manila and enjoy the Muse, Wes. I'm ready to go( I also got a kitchen pass) next Tues and will meet you in Singapore. I'm using the SS transfer, so I probably won't get to the ship until @ 1400. They pick me up at Changi( arrival at 0650) and take me into town to a hotel where the rest of the transfer folks will be waiting for the transfer to the ship. At least I'll have a chance to clean up a bit after the red-eye from SFO. As discussed, I'll be in 806; nice upgrade. HOOAH!

• Like 2

Thanks Rachel, Brian, Terry, JP, Bob Jean, Mr. Silver, Victoria, Dieter.

Doug; flights were near perfect; tho had two hour delay in Seoul due to a/c connections. Still, driver with sign/my name was right there last nite at 11pm in Manila.

Heard from our TA Doug, and will board the Muse about 10:30- 11 am tomorrow. And she arranged for me to disembark the Muse about 10 a.m on the 21st of March, take a SS transfer (different dock about 5 min away) to the Shadow. Will be able to board the Shadow about 10:30 am next Friday. Look very forward to welcoming you on board (will have a rum and coke ready).

Will check the stock of Acqua Panna with Paolo for Stumblefoot/Brian & Amy and look for familiar crew faces since we were last on board SS in July 2017.

Just relaxing here at the Conrad Manila—getting a jump start—on jet lag. Beautiful outdoor pool/spa area and wonderful fitness facility—good for 2-a-day workouts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, WesW said:

Thanks Rachel, Brian, Terry, JP, Bob Jean, Mr. Silver, Victoria, Dieter.

Doug; flights were near perfect; tho had two hour delay in Seoul due to a/c connections. Still, driver with sign/my name was right there last nite at 11pm in Manila.

Heard from our TA Doug, and will board the Muse about 10:30- 11 am tomorrow. And she arranged for me to disembark the Muse about 10 a.m on the 21st of March, take a SS transfer (different dock about 5 min away) to the Shadow. Will be able to board the Shadow about 10:30 am next Friday. Look very forward to welcoming you on board (will have a rum and coke ready).

Will check the stock of Acqua Panna with Paolo for Stumblefoot/Brian & Amy and look for familiar crew faces since we were last on board SS in July 2017.

Just relaxing here at the Conrad Manila—getting a jump start—on jet lag. Beautiful outdoor pool/spa area and wonderful fitness facility—good for 2-a-day workouts.

Wes, have a great trip you two. Please see if Paolo & Vicky are going to be on the Muse after Toyko as we are trying to line up that trip & they were great to be around. Thanks

Terry; will endeavor to learn as much as I can about the Muse on my shortie cruise. Will check with Paolo on who the Muse leadership will be for both your and then for Charles & Elaine’s voyage.

Doug, will give Paolo a warm Ciao from Lynn and you when I see him today.

Les, yes—very fortunate to make the flight arrangements I did within a week of booking this Manila to Singapore segment. And your right a single supplement of $0 is a super deal. Thanks for the cruise well wishes.

Today is Muse embarkation day—can’t wait—can u tell was up at 4:20 am? Enjoyed a restful day yesterday at the Conrad Manila and the views from the Exec Lounge. The pool laps were longer than an Olympic size pool but refreshing in near 90 degree heat.

b0240cbbe017d4a3b77cb052ba0c02c0.jpg

03d5b6e51a05ace0afd2432e4f65dcdb.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WesW said:

Terry; will endeavor to learn as much as I can about the Muse on my shortie cruise. Will check with Paolo on who the Muse leadership will be for both your and then for Charles & Elaine’s voyage. Today is Muse embarkation day—can’t wait—can u tell was up at 4:20 am?

Appreciate, Wes, your wonderful efforts and special "detective" work!!   Glad you are "on top of it".  Get some sleep on the ship.  Nice pictures from your hotel in Manila.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 234,151 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Terry happy to perform some Muse sleuthing but regulars here Mr. Silver and Stumblefoot most likely have discovered most of the Muse secrets.  However, will endeavor to find some more.

Jennifer and Georges, thanks so much but do wish Ida was with me, tho a good friend and Navy Veteran will join the Shadow in Singapore.   And enjoy your post cruise in China!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WesW said:

Terry happy to perform some Muse sleuthing but regulars here Mr. Silver and Stumblefoot most likely have discovered most of the Muse secrets.  However, will endeavor to find some more.

You’re right Wes.  I gave ol’ TLCOhio all my insider knowledge months ago.  Hope you able to find new secrets for him.

Boarded the Muse about 10:45 am, thanks to the superb coordination of our Travel Agent.  Wow, the scale compared to the Spirit, Shadow, Whisper, Cloud, Wind is at least 20-25% larger.  Each public space (La Terraza, Panorama Lounge, Fitness facility (and they got the men’s facilities right compared to the comprised fitness facilities on the Spirit) is wonderfully spacious.

Met a few of the fabulous crew I have known for years, Joy the suite supervisor, Paolo the HD, and Shartlett one of the super room stewards who came on board to visit family (she is not on contract now).

Brian/Stumblefoot; asked Paolo that your told me to ask for Acqua Panna he laughed and said he has to check because it is a special order.  I said, that’s OK, I just wanted to rag him on your behalf.

Suite was ready on boarding and Mart, my butler introduced himself with carrying an outstanding Dom Rose (courtesy of someone I do not know who—but thank you).  Will save to share with guests that I share dinner with later in this mini voyage.  For the first time in two dozen+voyages am having Mart unpack.

Terry, am sure Brian or Mr. Silver has mentioned the jacuzzi on the rear of deck 10 with wonderful lounges adjacent if u want to relax with some extra privacy.

Disappointed that they have run out of the best Italian wine selection on their connoisseur list, the 2015 Antinori Tignanello (a terrific price point fora 97 Wine Spectator/top 100 vintage). Hopefully, the Shadow will have ample Tignanello supply.  Will have the Brunello tonight at La Terraza.  Did challenge Mart, to try and snag a La Dame ressie any night but tonight as it showed not available, on line.

Paolo asked me if I knew a General Crouch, I said absolutely, we served together in Germany when he was a Brigadier General and I was a young Captain.  Paolo told me he and his wife, Vicki are on board for the entire Grand Voyage.  Look forward to catching up.

Time to head to the buffet here in La Terraza.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesW said:

Terry, am sure Brian or Mr. Silver has mentioned the jacuzzi on the rear of deck 10 with wonderful lounges adjacent if u want to relax with some extra privacy.

Ooh, I am so glad to hear about this treasure! Sounds perfect for Alaska in May. Terry, I'll check it out for you and let you know 🙂

Wes, glad to hear you are onboard now and in such capable hands. Enjoy your travel, as we will enjoy hearing all about it.