Rest in Peace CAPinBoynton

MVPinBoynton

I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss.

Times like this remind us that Life is fragile and can be short.

Cherish the memories of the years you shared together, the smiles, the laughter, and the love. I hope they will provide you some comfort and peace. ❤️ ☮️

Thank you all for such lovely words in your posts.  It is comforting to know your thoughts at this most difficult time for me and our family.  I would love to be able to reply personally to each of your posts; but at this time it is just too difficult for me.  It is difficult enough to read the kind words.

Some of you mentioned songs that relate to losing someone.  For those of you that know the Garth Brooks song “The Dance”, it has been a favorite of ours over the last several months. It brought tears to our eyes whenever we hear it; but also reminds us of what an awesome dance we had.  If you aren't familiar with it, look it up on YouTube, since I am not allowed to post the link.  

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thank you all for such lovely words in your posts.  It is comforting to know your thoughts at this most difficult time for me and our family.  I would love to be able to reply personally to each of your posts; but at this time it is just too difficult for me.  It is difficult enough to read the kind words.

Some of you mentioned songs that relate to losing someone.  For those of you that know the Garth Brooks song “The Dance”, it has been a favorite of ours over the last several months. It brought tears to our eyes whenever we hear it; but also reminds us of what an awesome dance we had.  If you aren't familiar with it, look it up on YouTube, since I am not allowed to post the link.  

Yes, that is such a beautiful song that really conveys how we have to go through the bad times in order to appreciate the good. Such is the circle of life. Fortunately as time goes by we remember the good times more than the difficult times, especially when we are fortunate to have love in our lives.

• Like 2

Like others on this board, I am very sorry to hear that Carol is gone.  I, too, have enjoyed reading and benefitting both from your blog and your posts on CC over the years.  Clearly you two knew how to live each day to the fullest and the memories you made together will certainly envelope you with warmth and love as you go through the coming days.

May she rest in peace.

Mike...a cruise buddy of mine texted me the very sad news.  Your adventures and reviews have always been a highlight to read and to gain so much important knowledge.  I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Carol.  The two of you had so many wonderful journeys together, making unforgetable memories all over the world.  Please accept my condolences to you and your family.  May you both dance in your dreams until you are together again...

Edited by Lastdance

so very sorry for your loss.  However, I am so happy that you got to experience a terrific relationship for that long with great travels along the way. I’m deeply saddened to hear what is very tragic news.  I do hope that great memories will give you some comfort.  

As as many have posted, I greatly enjoyed your amazing reviews of your travels. 

With deepest sympathy.....

Mike:

My deepest condolences to you on the loss of your beloved Carol.

My wife and I had the great pleasure to sail with you and Carol in 2004 on the Jewel of the Seas. One of our best memories is the bus excursion that you arranged for about 40 of us in Belfast to the Giant’s Causeway. It was a wonderful day.

May your memories of all the good times you had together sustain you during this difficult time.

Paul

We are so sorry for your loss.

We met years ago on our 2011 Infinity cruise around the horn. We often speak of that cruise and the great folks we met from our roll call including you and Carol.

May your memories sustain you.

My sympathy to you and your family, Mike.  I know it must be hard losing Carol.  I was so shocked to see this post.   Other than reading about Carol and her scooter, I did not realize that she was seriously ill.  So glad that you were able to cruise together recently. 😘

My husband and I have read and followed your adventures for the last several years.  Our motto has been..."if Mike and Carol can do it, we can!"   Or,  "if that guide, hotel, or restaurant is fine for Carol and Mike, it's good enough for us."  Thank you for taking the time to always write about your travels.  You now have a wonderful  "scrapbook" of memories to read over when the time is right for you.

Our hearts are with you. 🙏

Edited by Iamthesea

So sorry for your loss.  Words really cannot express the feelings.  I have enjoyed all of your posts, blogs and reviews.   Your reviews have helped plan my adventures and tours in port. My wish for you, when the time comes, is for you to continue to enjoy cruising and all the wonderful people you have met along the way.

Edited by ecslady

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Along the shore I spy a ship As she set out to sea;
She spreads her sails and sniffs the breeze
And slips away from me.
I watch her fading image shrink,
As she moves on and on, Until at last she’s but a speck,
Then someone says, “She’s gone.”
Gone where? Gone only from our sight
And from our farewell cries;
That ship will somewhere reappear to other eager eyes.
Beyond the dim horizon’s rim, resound the welcome drums,
And while we’re crying, There she goes!
They’re shouting, Here she comes!
We’re built to cruise for but a while
Upon the trackless sea
Until one day we sail away into infinity.
John T. Baker