Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

6 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Anyway you want to look at it it's still "Pee" soup

Haven't done the Public Hot Tub thing in 35+ yrs, soon as was old enough figure out water isn't changed. Then after started Cruising in 80's and watched couple having sex in ships Hot Tubs knew I made right call...

21 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Haven't done the Public Hot Tub thing in 35+ yrs, soon as was old enough figure out water isn't changed. Then after started Cruising in 80's and watched couple having sex in ships Hot Tubs knew I made right call...

One comedian at an adult late night comedy, called hot tubs sitting in egg drop soup. That grossed me out for life from hot tubs.

• Haha 2

I am one that has a bit of OCD when it comes to germs, however for some reason it does not bother me to be in a hot tub. I don't like a lot of other people in the hot tub at the same time as me though.  On Symphony we sat in one of the cantilevered hot tubs as we pulled into Nassau at 9 something in the morning. We were in the hot tub for an hour, and had it all to ourselves. 

• Like 1

I had not seen this toddler thread. Something new to entertain between dog pee, diamond benefits, and the Oasis incident, including every move it has made since. 😳

Edited by Mikew0805
spelling :(
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I had not seen this toddler thread. Something new to entertain between dog pee, diamond benefits, and the Oasis incident, including every move it has made since. 😳

It's already gone south in that one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2019 at 8:58 AM, time4u2go said:

Very true.

I just find it interesting how people are so vocal in opposition to this, but they continue to patronize the offending cruise line.

I have yet to sail on RCCL, the hubs and I were considering trying them next.  With all this talk about dogs on board, we probably will stay with NCL.  We love our dogs but they belong at home while we are on vacation.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

I have yet to sail on RCCL, the hubs and I were considering trying them next.  With all this talk about dogs on board, we probably will stay with NCL.  We love our dogs but they belong at home while we are on vacation.  

I wouldn’t let all this talk dissuade you from trying Royal.  In 20+ cruises I’ve seen less than 5 dogs on the ships and when I did see them they in no way detracted from my cruise.  

I’m not saying that anything stated here never happened and I’m sure it did, all I am saying is that it’s not a rampant issue that is ruining or even mildly affecting a great number of people’s cruises.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wouldn’t let all this talk dissuade you from trying Royal.  In 20+ cruises I’ve seen less than 5 dogs on the ships and when I did see them they in no way detracted from my cruise.  

I’m not saying that anything stated here never happened and I’m sure it did, all I am saying is that it’s not a rampant issue that is ruining or even mildly affecting a great number of people’s cruises.  

You wouldn't know that from reading this thread! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have to agree with you that it is NOT a rampant issue on Royal ships.....it probably is the SAME issue on other cruise lines.....on occasion.  

Should people who do not have true 'service animals' keep their pets at home --- YES.  But they shouldn't bring them to the supermarket or out shopping with them anywhere, whether on a leash or sitting in a 'netted in carriage' -- JMO.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

We’ve only done one RC on Oasis and I don’t remember any dogs. Typically I wouldn’t really notice service dogs as a remarkable issue anyway. I don’t expect any problems on Adventure in August, though I assume this guy lives in the NYC area where we hop aboard. He might move onto this ship and be all settled by the time we arrive. If so I’ll just give him a wide berth. 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:48 AM, John&LaLa said:

Is it fun? I haven't visited since stroller comment 

I don’t know what toddler business y’all are speaking of. I can’t find it so maybe it got too out of control and deleted by mods?

10 hours ago, time4u2go said:

You wouldn't know that from reading this thread! :classic_biggrin:

10 cruises...1 service dog (legit) ever seen onboard. Others have apparently seen a few more.

The thread debate seems NOT to be much about the frequency of sightings...rather...about legitimacy of having any old pet (and impostor attempts) on board in contrast to a legit service dog.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Sail RCL out of Europe. The only dogs allowed are true service dogs i.e dogs for the blind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

10 cruises...1 service dog (legit) ever seen onboard. Others have apparently seen a few more.

The thread debate seems NOT to be much about the frequency of sightings...rather...about legitimacy of having any old pet (and impostor attempts) on board in contrast to a legit service dog.

Interesting thread (meanders off the  beaten track into the undergrowth now and then), but here's  my take  on it:

11 cruises to date, only ever seen 1 dog on board - a true support animal for a partially sighted lady. Rarely saw it during the whole 14 days - once or twice spotted, on a leash, being  taken to a discreet (and discrete) "relief station".

However, on a few occasions have been ashore in ports where several ships are in. Have seen people (usually older ladies with too much make-up and jewellery) carrying yappy little pampered pooches and with their cruisepasses on lanyards round their necks so  the ESA issue isn't  confined to RCL.

If l saw any animal on board relieve itself in an inappropriate place l wouldn't hesitate to call out the owner, as loudly as it took to get their attention.

• Like 2