LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

I've not received that email regarding boarding times.....only the usual one for pre-cruise information but nothing about boarding time delayed.  We're going to show up at our usual time of 11am and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Qcruise said:

I've not received that email regarding boarding times.....only the usual one for pre-cruise information but nothing about boarding time delayed.  We're going to show up at our usual time of 11am and hope for the best.

Neither did we, but if you log onto Princess.com and comb through the info for your sailing, it is there, but it was not straightforward.  I had to go into our booking, then search through many items before locating the embarkation info, scrolled to the bottom and there it was.  Wouldn’t you think they would put a notification in bold or red writing once accessing the booking to make it more apparent? 

3 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Neither did we, but if you log onto Princess.com and comb through the info for your sailing, it is there, but it was not straightforward.  I had to go into our booking, then search through many items before locating the embarkation info, scrolled to the bottom and there it was.  Wouldn’t you think they would put a notification in bold or red writing once accessing the booking to make it more apparent? 

Absolutely......I would hope that if this were true they would send us a specific email regarding it or at least put it on our booking in the website.  That being the case we're going through with our normal plan.  Being that we are at the small "tent" due to the size of the Royal ( it is the only ship in port Sat. morn ) it will be a nightmare housing us all for hours if delayed.

21 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Awesome news to hear! Thank you. I’ll go to the port according to our original plan. Don’t worry, I’ll be posting LIVE for y’all too! You can either laugh or cry right along with us!🤣😫🥳

Thanks! I sail 2 days after you, and now I'm worried we'll have a similar drill. If you're able to post what ends up happening and when you get onboard, that would be awesome. I hope you'll be able to get on nice and early so you can enjoy the start to your vacation.

1 minute ago, Cyn874 said:

Thanks! I sail 2 days after you, and now I'm worried we'll have a similar drill. If you're able to post what ends up happening and when you get onboard, that would be awesome. I hope you'll be able to get on nice and early so you can enjoy the start to your vacation.

Oh, don’t worry, I will. I’m comparing the NCL suite experience with the Princess one so I’ll be reporting on it all. I like both lines but now that the Royal is out here in LA, and compares in size to the NCL ships (Bliss, Joy and Star) and they all do similar itineraries, I thought it might be interesting to compare the lines. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:49 AM, HBCcruiser said:

We sailed to Alaska - Inside Passage including Glacier Bay - in September 2018 on the HAL ship Nieuw Amsterdam and it was WONDERFUL! I’ll post a link to that review below in case you are interested. That ship has a ton of outdoor viewing spaces so I know what you are looking for. I will check out the Royal and see how she compares in that area. Also, it often rains in Alaska so viewing from a covered or protected area is another consideration. I’ll also check for those spaces on the Royal. Hopefully I will be able to score 2 loungers in the Sanctuary and be able to video the entire area for you. Enjoy Alaska! It truly is a beautiful place. 

We did Alaska in 2014 aboard the Golden and 2017 aboard the Ruby. Golden was Great, but I absolutely loved the Ruby. That’s been my favorite ship so far. Crown to Mexican Riviera had a rearbelevator out We are looking forward to Royal for a couple of months and I am going to enjoy herrear elevator out. I’ve been teling DS and DIL that they will be spoiled more than they have ever been. My eyesight is bad and I am not very ambulatory, but I’m still going to have a blast.

• Like 1