LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Online version is fine. Weird! 

8B3F6A1C-533F-4402-9AD3-B3BDAA4AEF15.jpeg

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

From the Ocean.com website click on “My Account” upper right hand corner. Then select the drop down “My Journeys”. Your cruise should show up. Click on that and you will see the option to Print Medallion Ocean Pass. I saved it to a PDF and added it to a Note I have saved for this cruise. Good luck!

Thanks for the procedure to print the pass...from the iOS version of the OceanReady app it says to print it however there’s no option to do it.  I could print a screenshot of the pass but the procedure you post works much better.

If possible after boarding could you report whether the production show The Secret Silk is being performed.  I’ve read recent posts that it wasn’t performed due to either copyright issues or because of a song that some had found offensive.  I’ve enjoyed the other Stephen Schwartz production shows & was looking forward to his latest show on the Royal later this month.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

what about the thermal suite ... did you use it ?

Did not use thermal suite;  I do not sit or lounge around. I have to keep moving;  so sitting by a pool or sauna is not for me.  Have a wonderful day and cruise

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for the procedure to print the pass...from the iOS version of the OceanReady app it says to print it however there’s no option to do it.  I could print a screenshot of the pass but the procedure you post works much better.

If possible after boarding could you report whether the production show The Secret Silk is being performed.  I’ve read recent posts that it wasn’t performed due to either copyright issues or because of a song that some had found offensive.  I’ve enjoyed the other Stephen Schwartz production shows & was looking forward to his latest show on the Royal later this month.

Glad it worked out! Yes, I will check on that. I also plan on taking pics of the patters each day. I am sure they will list the shows. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Glad it worked out! Yes, I will check on that. I also plan on taking pics of the patters each day. I am sure they will list the shows. 

Thank you for taking pics of the Patters!  I’m interested in the shows and times.

• Like 1

The Secret Silk show is being reworked and it wasn't on our march 23rd cruise. I spoke to one of the dancers and she said it would be back in about a month. The current cast is leaving the ship mid April so maybe the new cast coming on will have the new reworked version. It is a fairy tale. We saw it twice in November . I didn't hear anything offensive in the songs.

• Thanks 1

Sand Degio Sue, 

I will sail The Royal on April 20th . I wonder if I should buy  a soda package,  thermal spa,  and massages before I board or after.  Are there deals for these items offered on embarkation day?

7 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I both printed out ocean medallion pass and saved to my iPad. Maybe it’s overkill, but I don’t want to chance anything.

1 minute ago, stvandy1 said:

I both printed out ocean medallion pass and saved to my iPad. Maybe it’s overkill, but I don’t want to chance anything.

I did too, so at least we are both over cautious!😁

• Like 1

Will be on this same cruise the week after you...thanks for letting me live vicariously, and in advance for posting the menus...I'm traveling with a picky eater, so that may help us plan which nights to splurge on a specialty restaurant. Would also be interested in how crowded the Sanctuary is...we enjoy that space very much, but on our last Caribbean cruise on this class ship, twice it was full! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SCMountaineer said:

Will be on this same cruise the week after you...thanks for letting me live vicariously, and in advance for posting the menus...I'm traveling with a picky eater, so that may help us plan which nights to splurge on a specialty restaurant. Would also be interested in how crowded the Sanctuary is...we enjoy that space very much, but on our last Caribbean cruise on this class ship, twice it was full! 

If we are able to get loungers and internet is good, I’ll be posting from there almost daily. Crossing fingers all goes well! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

Sand Degio Sue, 

I will sail The Royal on April 20th . I wonder if I should buy  a soda package,  thermal spa,  and massages before I board or after.  Are there deals for these items offered on embarkation day?

By thermal spa, if you’re referring to the Enclave weekly pass, you must wait until boarding day to book.   Per my previous  experience, day passes aren’t available.  

You can use the spa before a spa treatment, however, or at least it used to be that way.  

Edited by 4cats4me

6 hours ago, san diego sue said:

The Secret Silk show is being reworked and it wasn't on our march 23rd cruise. I spoke to one of the dancers and she said it would be back in about a month. The current cast is leaving the ship mid April so maybe the new cast coming on will have the new reworked version. It is a fairy tale. We saw it twice in November . I didn't hear anything offensive in the songs.

Someone posted on another thread that the problem was unauthorized use of a  copyrighted song.

5 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

Same prices when you board as before the cruise except there can be some spa specials for port days.

Lol I literally just read this and said the same thing 🤪 I am going to roll dice we always ignore it. We arrive at 10am and will head straight over and if we end up standing around in the rain ️ oh well we were warned😆

Lol I literally just read this and said the same thing [emoji2957] I am going to roll dice we always ignore it. We arrive at 10am and will head straight over and if we end up standing around in the rain [emoji299]️ oh well we were warned[emoji38]

I’m with you. It’s not going to rain though. Cloudy, but no more rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1