Corkscrews???

I don't drink but my sweetie likes a glass of wine now and then. I see we are allowed 2 x 750ml bottles in a carry on to our room. More than likely it will be just one bottle. They tell you to bring it aboard in a carry on and that if its in your checked luggage that they will not deliver it to your room. Odd rule but its their boat. My question is what about a corkscrew and it going through security? I could get a bottle with a distinctive screw on cap but when it comes to cabernet bottled that way its quality closely resembles red bilge water. Any experience along these lines?

7 hours ago, DeepC said:

I could get a bottle with a distinctive screw on cap but when it comes to cabernet bottled that way its quality closely resembles red bilge water. Any experience along these lines?

depends on the  Cab.   there are some excellent wines with screw top caps coming out these days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeepC said:

I don't drink but my sweetie likes a glass of wine now and then. I see we are allowed 2 x 750ml bottles in a carry on to our room. More than likely it will be just one bottle. They tell you to bring it aboard in a carry on and that if its in your checked luggage that they will not deliver it to your room. Odd rule but its their boat. My question is what about a corkscrew and it going through security? I could get a bottle with a distinctive screw on cap but when it comes to cabernet bottled that way its quality closely resembles red bilge water. Any experience along these lines?

You are buying the wrong brands of wine.  Have had some very good wine with screw tops.  Had some with dinner last evening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Any recommendations for red wines with screw tops?

https://www.theloop.ca/10-essential-screwtop-wines-for-summer/

https://www.nbcwashington.com/the-scene/food-drink/Un-Screw-This-Best-Screw-Top-Wines-125646883.html

We even had a screw top prosecco a few weeks ago.  Corks are so last century........!

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I like any of the reds I’ve had from Australia’s Barossa Valley.  Just stay away from Penfold and Yellowtail wines. 

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

If Royal Caribbean supplied wine openers are anything like Carnival's, bring your own and pack it in checked baggage.  I have been sailing on Royal Caribbean for the last 5 to 10 years and didn't feel like relying on Royal Caribbean based on my experience with Carnivals, so always pack my own wine opener.

Well we were off to a good start... Worried about one breaking now... So confused about screw tops as being good. Its been a long time but the last screw tops I tried you could see cartoon like vapor trails when you opened the bottle...  I hope I pick a good one... Don't want to spend any time in the infirmary having a high heel removed from my scupper... 😮

Edited by DeepC

8 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Meiomi Pinot Noir is a favorite of cousins I like Jacob's Creek Shiraz or Merlot.  Used to buy Lights Out in ship.

50 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

.....get a Swiss army knife........

Actually, DH's hold luggage was held back because he had a Swiss Army knife in it.....  This was boarding Indie in Southampton.

We were called off the ship and back to the boarding area whilst they unpacked the case to see what it was.... so I wouldn't recommend one!!