Photo Required for Allure June sailing

Just tried to complete the check in process for our June Allure sailing and noticed the requirement to submit a photo in advance.  Can this photo be done using a regular I Phone camera?

photo-capture-royal.svg
  • Please use a high-resolution photo (minimum 960 x 960 pixels).
  • Photo must reflect the guest's current appearance and be taken in front of a white or off-white background.
  • Expression should be neutral or a natural smile with both eyes open.
  • Position face and shoulders centered and straight to the camera.
  • No other person, including parents of infants, may appear in the photo.
  • No hat, head covering, or sunglasses may be worn.

Is

You can skip doing the photo (if checking in via a computer.  If checking in via a mobile device then I have heard the photo is required) however if you choose to upload a photo it must meet the resolution requirements or it will be rejected.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

For my last cruise I had a picture and for some reason or other, when I went to check in, the picture wasn't what Royal Caribbean felt met their standards, so it was taken again.  It took all of about 10 seconds for them to do so.

For my next cruise, I did the check in on my computer and didn't put in a picture so it will be taken when I check in.

23 hours ago, Nashna said:

Just tried to complete the check in process for our June Allure sailing and noticed the requirement to submit a photo in advance.  Can this photo be done using a regular I Phone camera?

photo-capture-royal.svg

Yes. It is a little tricky to get the size correct. But you can do it. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. It is a little tricky to get the size correct. But you can do it. 

1 hour ago, yzfmik said:

When I applied for passports last year (at the Post Office) they gave me copies of the pics they took.  I just scanned those and uploaded them.

When I was on the Anthem last year I also used the passport photos. They told me that it must be a different picture than the passport so they had to take new ones for me and my wife. Only took an extra minute so when I go on the Allure next month I will let them take pictures.

• Like 1

I couldn't bypass the photo when we sailed on Allure in October.  I tried and it wouldn't let me print my boarding pass.  Really no biggie to load the photo - took one with my phone and that had to be the quickest check in ever - we never stood in line except to go through security.

2 minutes ago, mek said:

I couldn't bypass the photo when we sailed on Allure in October.  I tried and it wouldn't let me print my boarding pass.  Really no biggie to load the photo - took one with my phone and that had to be the quickest check in ever - we never stood in line except to go through security.

Were you using the app to check-in or a PC?

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Interesting, I've always been able to bypass the photo upload using a PC. 

Ditto here.

Booked our upcoming May cruise on Symphony, late February.  I was able to do the pre-registration almost immediately on my PC.  Didn't have to submit a photo  to print the Set Sail pass.  Then at the 49 day point which was 8 days ago was able to print the luggage tags.  I have yet submitted photographs, and haven't done them in the past due to the number of reports where people still need to get done during checkin, because of the the submitted photo's weren't acceptable.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, Nashna said:

photo-capture-royal.svg
  • Please use a high-resolution photo (minimum 960 x 960 pixels).
  • Photo must reflect the guest's current appearance and be taken in front of a white or off-white background.
  • Expression should be neutral or a natural smile with both eyes open.
  • Position face and shoulders centered and straight to the camera.
  • No other person, including parents of infants, may appear in the photo.
  • No hat, head covering, or sunglasses may be worn.

Is

I used the Royal app and checked in online.

The app allowed us to take photos which I downloaded onto the set sail pass.

7 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Interesting, I've always been able to bypass the photo upload using a PC. 

I have no idea why, but it just wouldn't let me finish w/o the photos.

3 minutes ago, mek said:

I have no idea why, but it just wouldn't let me finish w/o the photos.

I've been curious if you could upload a photo of a dog or cat and if that would allow people to get past that point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I've been curious if you could upload a photo of a dog or cat and if that would allow people to get past that point.

How funny - I suppose so, but we would just have to have one taken at check in, so other than the pure fun factor it wouldn't get us very far.

11 minutes ago, mek said:

How funny - I suppose so, but we would just have to have one taken at check in, so other than the pure fun factor it wouldn't get us very far.

From what I read here, many who upload their photos have to get them re-taken at check-in anyway.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I considered uploading the photo that I use here on Cruise Critic (at left).

On 4/7/2019 at 11:43 AM, blue is the best said:

When I was on the Anthem last year I also used the passport photos. They told me that it must be a different picture than the passport so they had to take new ones for me and my wife. Only took an extra minute so when I go on the Allure next month I will let them take pictures.

Weird - sons was passport photo and they left it as is.  Another area they probably change their tune depending on mood 🙂